The Magic of Sleep and Dreaming 🛏️

Dreams are healthy brain processes that can relieve the stress of a busy day, but on a deeper level they can act as a medium where we interact with other worlds.

When we sleep, we travel to these realms of dreams, which on occasions seem to be just as real as our waking life. During dreams, many people connect with their spiritual guides. This is an ideal place to receive messages through visions and symbols.

480x0_q71_crop-scale

There are several types of dreams and the Magical works we can achieve with each one is different:

Unconscious dreams

These are the most common types of dreams, they are usually confusing and symbols here can be difficult to understand. It is important to have a notebook on a bedside table to write down the dreams as soon as we wake up. In time, we can draw patterns and figure out the symbols and what they mean to us.

It’s important to be careful when looking up online or in “Dream Dictionaries”. Dreaming of dogs will not mean the same for an animal lover than for a person who is afraid of dogs.

If you wake up without having been able to finish the dream and you believe that something important was about to happen, you can try to go back to sleep from where you left off or try go back to it during the day, as a meditation.

Lucid dreams

These are dreams in which we are actually conscious and aware that we are sleeping, while the body rests.

There are many ways to achieve lucid dreaming. For some people it’s easier than others. A way to trick our brains to have one of these dreams is setting the alarm about one hour before getting up. When it sounds, turn it off and go back to sleep. Passing from unconsciousness to consciousness triggers the ability to lucid dream.

Dreams with spirits and guides

Usually people don’t travel to other planes consciously during the day. Therefore, it’s common for our spirit guides to take the opportunity and visit us while we are asleep. A spirit guide can come in any shape or form: it could be a loved one that passed away, an old friend or pet, or even a religious figure or symbol.

They can bring important messages that will help us solve current problems and heal on many levels: emotionally, mentally and physically.

Nightmares

Nightmares may reflect internal conflicts. When we are physically ill, mentally or emotionally stressed, this can reflect in our dreams. Our subconscious is showing us that there’s a problem and it requires our attention. They can also represent repressed emotions such as fear, anger, or even be symptoms of a psychic attack.

How to make a Dream pillow

To have a more peaceful and restful sleep, you can make a tiny sachet that will go under your pillow. Fill it with these herbs and/or crystals for a night of restful sleep.

You will need:

• Uncooked rice (2 tbsp)

• 3 Lavender flowers

• Rose petals (1 handful)

• 9 drops of vanilla or lavender oil.

You can add crystals to your dream pillow such as moonstone, pearl, aquamarine, white quartz, labradorite, blue calcite, opal, selenite, or research their healing properties and choose the one that fits your personal needs.

Sweet dreams!

13 Likes

I have been trying to enter a lucid dreaming state for probably about a month now. The method I am using does not seem to be working. Currently, I am using the method that involves reality checks throughout the day, so that your subconscious will do them as you dream and once you use a reality check in a dream you will start to lucid dream. The problem is I stink at remembering to use them during the day, so my sub doesn’t use them when I sleep. So, I am definitely going to try this new method. Also, has anyone found a good way to contact their spirit guide or power animal as I have often seen it referred to as.

4 Likes

There are many really good guided meditations on YouTube about finding your spirit animal, guide, lucid dreaming etc. I like Joe T so far the best.

4 Likes

I typically use reality checks and they work for me. I have a few tips:

To remember to do reality checks:

• Wear a bracelet and every time you see it do a reality check.
  • Write on the back of your hand, or as a phone screensaver: “Am I dreaming?” so when you see it you will do it.
  • Carry something in your pocket (like a spoon for example) and everytime you feel it or touch it, do a reality check.
  • Associate the reality check with a bad habit you have, for example biting your nails.
  • Do it every time you walk through a doorway or into a room.

Pick just one of those and try to develop the habit. Some people prefer to put an alarm to ring every 2 hours to remind you to do a reality check, but I’m not sure about that one.

And here’s something that will help you acquire lucidity much easier, it’s called WBTB (wake back to bed):

1. Wake up before your normal waking time, even if it’s in the middle of the night (for example 5 am).
  2. Do something: Have a glass of water, go to the bathroom, read about lucid dreaming on your phone (you have to be awake for at least 5 minutes).
  3. Go back to sleep.
  4. Your chances of having a lucid dream the second time you go to sleep are much higher.

It works because you stimulate your conscious brain at a time you would normally be experiencing REM sleep. This leads to consciousness in dreams.

4 Likes

In your experience, does this affect the quality of your sleep, like are you not as refreshed when you wake up later?

2 Likes

For me, yes. But everyone’s sleeping patterns are different. If I do WBTB it’s typically on a weekend or a day that I know it won’t affect the rest of my day.

But you should definitely try it! It’s and easy way to boost your confidence when it comes to lucid dreaming.

4 Likes

Thank you. Now that I’m out of school, I will try doing this method.

3 Likes

I’m a psychic empath I inherited this gift from my mother’s side of the family as far as lucid dreams they come naturally to me I’ve always had them since I was a little girl I’m now 40 yrs old. My dreams are usually messages from my deceased mother and sometimes other deceased relatives. Sometimes my dreams predicts what’s going to happen in the future.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @takira!

That’s amazing. I had some precognitive dreams too, but it’s usually little things. Have you ever had an experience of big future insight like a warning sign?

2 Likes

No I haven’t had any warning dreams yet.

3 Likes

I just made my own with rice, smoky quartz, angelite, moonstone, and a small amethyst cluster. I don’t have any lavender flowers or rose petals yet. I’m hoping this helps me with some peaceful sleep!

5 Likes

This sounds lovely, @Susurrus! :heart_eyes: Yes, I hope it helps you have some very peaceful and relaxing dreams :sleeping:

2 Likes

@Francisco I think that is how I have entered lucid dreaming! It’s always after I wake in the middle of the night. Usually, I just go to the bathroom, but sometimes I pay attention to the TV or check my phone & read through emails. I notice that I am aware I am dreaming and come up with better reasoning or questions that I answer myself. I hope that makes sense. Lol

3 Likes

Yes! To me, it’s an amazing experience. It feels great to realize you’re in a dream and have total freedom to explore!

Some people use this ability to get creative, to study, to face fears, talk to ancestors or even explore astral travel or other forms of consciousness!

2 Likes

I hope this is a good place to post this…

Last night I had a dream that my Granddad (who passed away April 2020) was helping me with a spell. (Lol he also got a subscription to Spells8 and was fascinated by all the content!)

He and I had a very special bond, he always liked to get involved and support me in my endeavors. I miss him very much.

I wonder if this is my subconscious working through his loss and hoping he would approve of who I am becoming, or perhaps something more. Can loved ones who’ve passed on reach out to us in our dreams? I’d love any insight!

6 Likes

I dreamed my grandfather passed away. The next day we found out he’d passed the day before.

I dreamed my neighbors dad spoke to me and said he had left his body and that I needed to be kind to his kids in the aftermath. That afternoon I found out he had passed in the night.

I think in both cases I saw them in my dreams. I don’t know how long a person may stick around after they die. I think I am landing in the camp that their consciousness goes back to wherever it came from. April 2020 is over a year ago but I am not the final authority on how long is too long. Maybe he stuck around to help you through something. You are blessed to have a bond like that.

6 Likes

Wow. It sounds like you have some very supernatural gifts. That’s Incredible. Thank you for your response!

5 Likes

Anyone that has had those kind of dreams has been given a special gift, even if it is just one time. That includes you. :grinning:

5 Likes

I had the same kind of dreams about my grandfather after he passed recently. I believe that if you really felt it was him coming to you in a dream then it really was him.

It also could be your subconscious helping you cope with the grief and giving you comfort. To me, it helps writing down my dreams when I wake up. If you feel that your grandad looked different than other dream characters, or or if you felt a special or unusual connection in the dream, it’s very likely that he was really visiting you.

Whichever the case may be, I’m sorry for your loss, Sarah. :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you. I’m so sorry for yours, as well.

It’s funny. He left me his star sapphire ring, which I have always loved. Last night I set it in my altar cabinet with my other stones and crystals.

The dream felt so beautiful, regardless of what it meant. But I am definitely going to be looking out for signs.

5 Likes