Two crows in front of me

Was letting my dog outside to go potty and as I opened the door two crows were flying right in my front yard and then one crowed at me. I’ve never had a crow crow at me before I’ve seen them and have heard them before but never right in front of me and crow at me. Thought that was very interesting not sure if it means anything or if I was just disturbing them but very interesting to me. Thought I’d share

13 Likes

We have crows, we typically only see them around trash/recycling collection day.

When I happen to notice them in or around my yard & especially when they are cawing at me with each other, I know that my deity is trying to get my attention. Since on those days & the times of day I see them, are not times that they are typically around… I also only see them as single crow or in multiples of 3 around my home & yard. So if I see &/or hear them at those times, I know that I need to make contact or work with my deity sooner than later.

I believe 2 crows or ravens :raven: can be attributed to Odin. He has 2 that would sit on his shoulders. Huginn (Thought) & Muininn (Mind)… he gave them the ability to speak as they would gather & bring him information.

Or it could just be that you startled them when the dog came outside as they were… doing their thing in the yard. I would let your intuition be your guide with this one, I don’t know how common they are in your area or when you typically would see or hear them.

13 Likes

They don’t normally come in our yard mostly stay across the road in the cow pastures but they were here today.

12 Likes

I would definitely go with your intuition on whether its a something or just 2 crows being startled by you & the pupper while exploring outside their usual pastures.

11 Likes

Brandy, how lucky to have them talk to you. Every morning as I greet the dawn, I take bread outside and throw it on my lawn. I talk to Goddess and her birds. Although I know they’re there for the bread, I like to think that it’s a blessing.
Blessed Be
Garnet

11 Likes

That’s amazing!!

8 Likes

It could be the Morrigan also. If you don’t know anything about her look her up. I find her to be fascinating and she may be calling to you.

10 Likes

Typically, The Morrigan :raven:is 1 or 3, I suppose she could be 2 if She wanted. :laughing: I work with Her regularly & have for about 2 years.

So, I would look into possibly “Odin” or maybe “the Morrigan”, but also definitely follow your intuition.

I only mentioned Odin originally because, while I don’t work with Him, my oldest son does & has for quite some time. I asked him about the 2 & that’s when he said that when there’s 2 crows around when he is out, he knows Odin is around for 1 reason or another.

In my experience with the Morrigan :raven: it won’t be a 1 time occurrence if She is trying to reach you for something & it will become almost persistent & multiple times throughout the day & not just with crows :raven:

A good place to start your research on either is with their Pagan Portals books. I’ll have to ask my son about other good places for information on Odin.

Along with the Pagan Portals series by Morgan Daimler, there are books by Stephanie Woodfield (Priestess of the Morrigan), Morpheus Ravena (dedicant of the Morrigan), Courtney Weber, & I can’t remember the other author’s name off-hand… that are good sources of information about Her & working with Her. I would start with Pagan Portals for kind of initial information on the Morrigan & go from there. There are 2 & the first I believe is called The Morrigan: Meeting the Great Queens & then the 2nd in the series is Raven Goddess: Going Deeper with the Morrigan.

As for Odin… I’d also start with Pagan Portals & I can get back to you on other sources once I can talk to my son later today.

11 Likes

Yes thank you! The Morrigan actually called out to my sister a few weeks before our moms heart attack, and I was noticing some signs of Odin after her heart attack.

11 Likes

Oh! Also, you can look at:

Before diving into any books :smiling_face:

11 Likes

@Susurrus thank you for this information. I have also been seeing crows and one called out to me. I said to it " I hear you" I kept coming up on Odin on this site and others, but not on Morrigan. I think I need to look into this as well.

10 Likes

Normally 2 is Odin, the Morrigan would usually be 1 or 3. Not to say it is one or the other. I’m only going off of my own knowledge & experience; as well as my oldest son.

It would also kind of depend on your practice & intuition as to what you feel connected to when these things happen. The Morrigan is very Highly associated with 3. So even if it was 1, you may hear it 3 times. :grin:

I would definitely research them both, their history, mythology, pantheons, stories, associations before deciding on one or the other.

:revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

@Susurrus i have crows and ravens all around me, they follow me,no matter where i go

7 Likes

@Susurrus Deborah Morrison is who u are looking for

6 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I’ve never heard of Deborah Morrison but I will look into her! Ooo… new things to look into & read! :revolving_hearts: :books:

6 Likes

Oh! Over the last couple of days, I have been meaning to mention also that the :raven: is associated with Brigid as well.

Ravens are closely related to crows.

Ravens & Crows

Corvus

Corvus is a widely distributed genus of birds in the family Corvidae. Ranging in size from the relatively small pigeon-size jackdaws to the common raven of the Holarctic region and thick-billed raven of the highlands of Ethiopia, the 40 or so members of this genus occur on all temperate continents except South America, and several islands. In Europe, the word “crow” is used to refer to the carrion crow or the hooded crow, while in North America it is used for the American crow or the northwestern crow. Recent research has found some crow species capable of not only tool use but also tool construction. Crows are now considered to be among the world’s most intelligent animals with an encephalization quotient approaching that of some apes.

5 Likes

I did not know this, very interesting thank you!

5 Likes

I figured id share because I recently found out too! :grin:

5 Likes