Searching/ Researching deities

Good idea. :black_heart: I will make that my next task. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@starborn Just want to say that ritual you gave me to connect with demons is fabulous. Works everytime.
I was thinking, just a thought :thinking:, @Sivonnah maybe use this ritual to reach out to the deity your gut/intuition is telling you it might be, and ask, is it you? Here’s the post.
Post 39 from @starborn is the ritual
Post 50 is the result I had. May help you identify who it is, if you just ask? :person_shrugging:.
Has anyone worked with King Solomon and spirits?
:sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I’m so glad. :black_heart: I was a little worried that I’d “adapted” it too much and weakened it.

Good idea. :black_heart:

In case it makes it a little easier for you, @Sivonnah, here are the direct links to those two posts Tracy mentioned:

Just a quick note on this bit:

I believe Tracy pointed out that in the S. Connolly book, the circle part of the sigil is a type of “zoom-out”:

A sigil is often circled in Demonolatry to denote Satan encompassing that particular part of the whole. By circling the sigil you are focusing on the Demon as part of something larger. By leaving the sigil un-circled it suggests focusing on the Demon itself without looking at it as part of the whole. Think of it as zooming in or out. If you want to see the larger picture – circle it. If you want to hone in on the Demon itself, don’t.

Which is why she says:

Now that I think about it… When it says “zooming out,” I think it might refer to what I experience. Because the intent of the circle in the one I wrote was to open a direct doorway/portal – the entire circle “glows” and then swings open like a door. This means whatever I see through there won’t just be the spirit, but where it resides.

In the case of demons, yes, that means you’re opening a portal to the underworld. With Hekate and Lilith, I always join them where they are. It seems a bit scary at first, but it actually feels like the most safe place I could be. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyway, the point is that both work, but you might want to start with Tracy’s version for the first few attempts. Do as I suggest, not as I do… :sweat_smile:

Speaking of, it’s 04:20 am and I need to go do this, then get to sleep. :black_heart:

8 Likes

@Sivonnah I just want to add, if you take away the circle, once you’ve said the name 3 times, you may feel your body rock ever so slightly (this maybe just Loki’s way of showing me he’s arrived, but I thought I’d mention it as it’s weird). In my post I mention that I become the pendulum, but before you even ask anything, you will feel a strange sensation come over you and movement going through your body (I kept my eyes shut cuz I was chicken :chicken: but now I find keeping them closed and my head bowed, actually helps the communication :person_shrugging:)

I also felt tired and a headache, so have a glass of water handy. Again it could just be Loki’s energy, I’ve not done this ritual with anyone else, so others energy maybe softer. :sparkling_heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Well, I’m glad you’ve got some answers @Sivonnah :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was gonna hop in here and suggest the deity spread that @starborn did but they beat me to it!

One of my best pieces of advice to give about researching deities is simple yet complicated all at the same time - follow where your heart leads you! :heart:

6 Likes

And if your heart happens to lead you somewhere strange or the spirits throw something in your direction that was nothing like anything you would have explored otherwise, be open to it. :black_heart:

Just a tidbit from my personal experience. :joy: I stumbled a bit at first because I wasn’t as flexible as I am now.

6 Likes

That’s good advice, too! I’m kind of dealing with something like that right now :sweat_smile: I’m going to write about it for my challenge entry this week, I think! I still need to do the deity tarot spread and I’ll include that, too.

6 Likes

@tracyS
Question about Loki
I mentioned about my cave manifestation to meet my spirit guides. My cat’s name is Loki. He appeared in the spirit world yet he’s alive. Do you think this could be your Loki? Has he ever appeared as cat to you?

6 Likes

@Sivonnah Not a cat, he’s shown me a hooded figure, a face, spiders, a sigil and shield, and a smart dressed man. I think the biggest sign for me with Loki, is where does chaos fit in your day to day. I’ve taken a look over my life, and seen that chaos has been a strong feature in almost every day, especially major events like my wedding. Pagan Portals Loki is a good book and it’s a couple of pounds on kindle. If you give it a read and see if he speaks to you. That book was a turning point for me. Hope this helps (he’s super fun but will turn your life upside down :partying_face::flushed:).

6 Likes

@tracyS
I’ve certainly experienced chaos in my life. My husband and I referred to it in our wedding vows lol.
I’ll check it out. Thanks!

6 Likes

@Sivonnah I’ll give you one tip with Loki. He is a shapeshifter, so he’ll come to you in whatever way you feel about him. In other words, if you feel he’s a monster, bad, scary etc that is what you’ll experience (not to scare you or anything, that’s why I recommend the above book), but he does tap into your energy. To me I’ve always viewed him as a kinda Father figure and friend, so I’ve never had a bad experience, mischievous yes but he’s never scared me. I’ve always felt safe, in awe yes, but safe. :hugs::heartpulse:
Here’s a link which is where I sort of explained how to get to know Loki.
:ring_buoy: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Safety post 18 it may help.

6 Likes

I’m commenting on this real quick because I noticed that you mentioned a cat further down. One of The Morrigan’s potential sacred places is called Oweynagat, the Cave of Cats.

The Morrígan emerges from this cave in the Táin Bó Regamna on a chariot pulled by a one-legged chestnut horse. She brings a cow, guided by a giant with a forked staff, to breed with the Brown Bull. In another story the Morrígan takes the cows of a woman named Odras who follows her into the cave before falling under an enchanted sleep, upon awakening she sees the Morrígan who whispers a spell over her, turning Odras into a river.

I’m not sure about the rest of your experience, but it could be worth mentioning!

6 Likes

@MeganB I will look into her!

5 Likes

Okay, cool! We have a few resources here on Spells8 about her already. I can grab some for you if you’d like - just let me know if you want me to share them here or DM you :blush:

4 Likes

@MeganB I’d love to see whatever you could share!

4 Likes

Sure! Here’s what I’ve found so far. Also, sorry it took so long! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@MeganB That’s quite the list! Thank you for taking the time to make the lust. :people_hugging::blush::heart:

4 Likes

Hi :wave: @Sivonnah I have read through the progression of this thread, as well as all of the resources mentioned. I did want to say that the Morrigan :raven: is a deity I work with very closely. I will also be updating the thread named The Morrigan Celtic Goddess & there are ample resources contained within there also.

I say this because I had made the original informational post shortly after Her finding me. However, since then my learning, practice, & understanding of Her has completely been expanded to a much greater extent. :books:

Which I can also say about Brigid & the Tuatha de Danaan. Both deities have a strong representation in that separately but also some crossover. It just so happens I am highly involved with both of them :hugs:

7 Likes

@Susurrus I can’t wait to see what you have to share! :hugs::blush::heart:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope it helps - and I’m sure @Susurrus will have more information to share soon, too!

6 Likes