🛐 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - All About Altars!

The coven is a wonderful cycle of shared creativity and inspiration- challenges are often inspired by themes and posts in the forums! So yes- you helped bring the challenge to fruition, @AliceInWonderdab! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Many thanks to you! :heart:

Wow, that is a gorgeous wall hanging, @Jeannie1! I love the purple colors and antlers :deer::purple_heart:

I love your library altar, @IrisW! :books: How wonderful that you included the coven symbol :evergreen_tree: :infinity: And your main altar too- oh, you have such gorgeous sacred places! The maypole came out lovely- really nicely made. Yes, please! I’d love the story of the two sweet maypole partiers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So beautiful, @steph! I love the colors and warmth of your altar- it has a homey sense of welcoming :hearts: Yes- those are the cutest little lights I’ve ever seen! :bulb::herb:

Ohhhh I love it, @Missa! :crescent_moon: you’ve got such a cool and elegant vibe to your altar. And so many lovely crystals! :gem: Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

I bought a second set too so I can change them with the seasons. I love how individual they are, and the perfect size for my compact altar.

15 Likes

Thank youuu!

7 Likes

Ahhh I love them! I love the aesthetic of them too

6 Likes

OMG! I LOVE THE PURPLE!! :purple_heart: Hee! What a great idea, to change things out for the seasons. You lucky witch! LOL!

5 Likes

I may have got a little carried away.

After finishing my maypole, which doesn’t fit on my main altar because it slides under my desk, I decided to create a separate Beltane altar in my kitchen/dining room…

14 Likes

This is gorgeous @Missa . I love the energy it’s displaying. Beautiful stones and crystals too! :wink:

7 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

We had a spare room that became a catchall so I ended up claiming it as mine, it has my altar and some work space in it (I also come in here to just read)

This is my altar; it is a desk so it has drawers that I can store candles & incense. My house points in direction so I placed my altar in front of the window so I can always look out and the moon also comes in at night. I have a tray set up with items symbolizing the elements and have lined them up with the directions so I have a quick reference when needed.

I have another area set for prep work. The table belonged to my Grandmother and has a metal top which is nice because it’s easy to clean. And the corner shelf my Dad built me, I store items I find there like feathers and stones.

This was a medicine cabinet that hung in my Great-grandparents house. My Dad cleaned it up for me. I use it to keep herbs and oils inside and I hang flowers/herbs on the towel rack to dry them.

I’m really happy with how everything turned out and that it has such large windows makes it perfect. I love this room, it always makes me calm and helps me sort of find myself again.

14 Likes

I love this @IrisW really nice

8 Likes

That makes both of us, definitely loving the purple.They are real cute @IrisW

8 Likes

Lovely :heart_eyes: so cute…

8 Likes

Too many people to reply to i got lost lol but I love everyone’s altar pictures :heart_eyes: so much inspiration and beauty :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

7 Likes

I love it!

8 Likes

That’s so cute @IrisW! So colorful and bright, just right for the season!

That’s beautiful @kara4! I love the altar in front of the window, gives you such great light! Very pretty!

8 Likes

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:Iris- Your alter is so nice heck nice isn’t even a good enough word it’s stunning! Five stars! Thanks and very well on the maypole!

Amethyst thanks for explaining the maypole! Know I know what you’re thinking! :hugs:

Steph - I love the vibe neat, thanks for sharing your sacred space :full_moon_with_face:

Missa, I love your Alter and crystals which one do you like the most!? I don’t have a favorite cause I love them all! :laughing: lol

Karra loves this energy, for example, it’s so neat and just the white cloth it’s like for purity maybe?

I just got a new bookcase and ordered a new altar cloth! It is a sacred tree to help me think of infinite roots and its green cause I love nature! And I have this ceramic with a pic of the garden it has flowers! I hope I get my alter cloth tomorrow! So I can show you all!
Jeannie

9 Likes

WOW! I hope you get it in time to show off. I mean, you can always show off but this week is special. Great job decorating!

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 that sounds like the altar cloth I am waiting for, I’m not sure I will get it before the end of the challenge. I’m hoping though!

5 Likes

Waiting on my new Altar cloth and for the sun to go down so you can all see the strings lights properly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

I :blue_heart: this challenge, @BryWisteria! Another large post we have sharing altar pictures is Altars! Love to see yours! It is truly a blessing to see all of the posts from fellow coven members sharing their altars and their ideas with each other.

Except to light :candle: :candle: :candle: or pull :flower_playing_cards: for friends, I don’t really use an altar space anymore. I have so appreciated posts on here, posts you’ve shared in this challenge, about the need for an altar and using an inner temple. With life quickly changing here, I have the ability to spread my craft into the rest of the house. My old wall altar is basically a storage space to keep my stuff safe from the cats. Shelves around the house hold more items. (Ignore the gnome. :rofl: It was a gift and I am still filling in the shelves.)

12 Likes