:fehu: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - All About Runes

I’m getting a little freaked out about how in sync these challenges have been with my current explorations and path. As I’ve begun working with Lady Hel (Hela), the Norse Queen of Helheim, I’ve begun reading runes with her rather than tarot. I’m excited to think of something for this challenge.

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

I’ve recently begun working with Fehu in my prosperity spells. It’s engraved on my wand and it’s empowering to me.

13 Likes

Jill5,
I really like how you used the rune Fehu on your wand. What a good idea, I like the intention you put in your magic :magic_wand:

I have made a set of runes out of oak tree and out of cedar, for this challenge I am not sure what exactly I will do yet! I might explore the runes through divination and learn more about rune spreads and see how they correlate to card divination.

I could use some good luck :four_leaf_clover: I don’t want to be a spoiler and tell you what kind of luck I need but it is going in my Sigil journal I made.

I just found out that there’s find rules and I got it from my deck of cards called runes for modern life ancient divination cards.

Also I have this book I want to explore it’s written by Silver Raven &Nigel Jackson

I did not know that they could intertwine together and so I just wanted to share my knowledge with you and this important discovery.
Did you see the good luck Rune? I could use this for something I need and try to bring this energy to me for a specific intent I need.
Jeannie

16 Likes

Katnabis, very cool. I hope you will keep us informed after your road trip. I kept coming across the Runes when I was doing other Challenges or my readings. So, they have been on my list of “interesting”. Blessed Be.
Medea

9 Likes

Hi Jeanniel, as soon as I saw the book in you post Rune Mysteries by Silver Raven &Nigel Jackson, it resoned with me immediately. I have to go get this! You sound so knowledgeable on this topic. I am looking forward to reading more.
Blessed Be,
Medea

7 Likes

@Garnet Your posts always make me smile- will you write a book someday, Garnet? I would love to sit down and spend a few hours enjoying your fun humor and great stories :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And no- I didn’t know there were Egyptian Runes, that is awesome! :heart_eyes: Thank you for sharing them- I hope you are able to get your own set! Please keep us updated on your studies! :raised_hands:

@Artemisia Hahaha this theme is definitely one I saw calling to you, Kat! :grin: And ohhh that’s amazing- how cool that the rune stone is there and available to visit. I hope you’re able to make the trip someday! :sparkles: Thanks for sharing the article!

@jessica72 It sounds like runes have really been calling to you, Jess (and crystals too, always crystals- but I certainly can’t blame you for that! Crystals are addictive :gem::joy:) Gosh the amethyst rune set looks amazing- and hooray for supporting small local businesses! I hope your new rune set serves you well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane That’s amazing- perhaps we’ve all tapped into the “coven hivemind” somehow! :laughing: :+1: I’m glad it’s a theme that resonates with you and your deities- I’ll look forward to seeing how you’ll explore runes this week! Good luck and have fun, Amaris! :sparkles:

@jill5 Ohhhh look at that gorgeous spell bottle- is your wax stamped with a pentagram? :pentagram: That is so pretty :sparkles: Great work and I hope you continue to enjoy the benefits and blessing of Fehu in your practice! :fehu::heart:

@Jeannie1 So many fun choices when it comes to runes- I’m sure you’ll find the perfect way to draw on them this week, Jeannie! :blush: It looks like you’ve already got some great rune resources on hand- good luck and have fun! :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

@Garnet I love those sets! I had never realized that they were still used, I had read about them but never thought to go looking into them & they are very pretty :star_struck:

@Artemisia similar findings have been found off of Martha’s Vineyard & in Elder Futhark the stone says:

Leif Erikson here:…" then the year… I can’t remember the year though :thinking: They are in runic script of the Elder Futhark though. Looking at the image you shared, those are definitely runic script… as far as Elder or Younger Futhark… I’m not that well versed in Younger Futhark but I recognize those from the Elder Futhark :hugs: Great find & information!

@jessica72 I have missed you & was just thinking about you! I love that you got Amethyst runes! I have Blue Agate ones & Black Tourmaline. Then I have a set of wooden ones & so does my oldest son. Although, I don’t know if he has used them :thinking: Now I have a mission before he leaves for work. :rofl:

@jill5 that is great that you are incorporating Fehu :fehu: in your spellwork & that it is so empowering for you! I’m happy that they work with your practice so well!

@Jeannie1 yay for finding books to help you with learning about runes! & yes! Bindrunes are actually a lot of fun to put together for your intention or your work with them. It’s kind of like coming up with a sigil in a way too! I had made a couple when I was researching them for the posts on runes.

Personally, I found the images of witches runes I have, but I am still on a hunt for their meanings… they are somewhere in this laptop under the BOS file that I have… probably in a subfolder that I thought at the time, there’s no way I’ll forget where they are… well as with all safe places… I have no idea :rofl:

12 Likes

Oh my, this is sooo intriguing to me. Can you tell me where this is located?? I would love to make a roadtrip to see this. I have always loved historical sites and this one would definitely be on my visit list.

9 Likes

I remember my first time I created a wand at a workshop and I put runes all over it lol I still have it and used it on Halloween

9 Likes

@Isabella13 It’s east of Oklahoma City on the border - I grew up in Oklahoma not too far from this - it’s cool! Look up:

Heavener Runestone park!

12 Likes

I made some Runes about 6 months ago (I think), time goes by so fast it may have been a year. I kept meaning to get a book on them but didn’t. I did all the lessons on Spells 8 and enjoyed them. After I was done, I went to Amazon and looked up runes on Kindle Unlimited and there are a ton of books on Runes for free. Thanks @BryWisteria for this challenge!

10 Likes

I went back to Amazon and ordered some Lapis Lazuli Runes. They are gorgeous! They are coming in tomorrow. I really need to stay off Amazon. Lol!

8 Likes

I am awful with crystals… my husband found a set of Amethyst string lights… :star_struck: I’m like… Hunny… you have no idea what you have just started… :rofl:

10 Likes

@lerena

Yes, they are witches’ runes, made by our own lovely @Magdelina Crazy T’s Knotty Yarn and Curio Cabinet They have black obsidian gemstones in them!

I have studied astrology but I know nothing about birthhour and solar runes! It sounds very interesting. I am looking forward to seeing your entry!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

@marsha we actually have forum posts about your birth date & birth hour & I believe solar runes (the latter may be mentioned in the posts):

Birthdate Rune & Birth Hour Rune - What’s Your’s?

Runes Information

6 Likes

Oh, My Gods! Now that I see the post I remember it. I am losing my mind . . . :rofl:

my-own-world
Image by Motivate Us

My Birth Rune is Gebo and my birth hour rune is Laguz!

Rune 7 – GEBO
Gebo relates to our relationships and reminds you that we always should give in order to receive. It reflects the need for living in harmony with yourself, so you can do the same with others.

Rune 21 – LAGUZ
This is one more feminine rune. It relates to our intuition and imagination. You will easily feel connected to the Divine, being able to handle anything.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I tend to give too much, so I need more balance here, and I’m working on feeling like I’m worthy to receive. And yes, I can easily connect to the Divine, and when I do I feel like I can handle anything!

Thanks so much for turning the light on for me @Susurrus

11 Likes

To add onto my post as an update, i am working on the course. I had a purchased set of runes made from alder wood, but had not consecrated them. I watched the course section on making and consecrating them, so i took my set into my backyard, where i have an ash tree. As i touched and named each rune by breathing the name over it, i touched each one to the trunk of the ash tree. Then i put them into the storage bag. I will probably make a nicer storage bag! They are on my altar in my ritual room, but i have to keep them closed away from my cat, who LOVES the altar and routinely knocks my stones off it to play with them! My first single draw was TIr. I did notice that two of my runes were a little different than the printables page (Ing and Sowelo), but otherwise the page was helpful! On to read about Tir!

10 Likes

Marsha,

Gebo relates to our relationships and reminds you that we always should give in order to receive. It reflects the need for living in harmony with yourself, so you can do the same with others.

Hi Marsha I am thinking of my husband right now and I am thinking about how I can make our relationship much better and brighter!?Lets imagine we go somewhere for the weekend? We have a date night etc etc

how can I bring in some some laughter some joy ?how can I bring in some Jokes he he he? What did the big ghost say to the little ghosts? It’s Halloweenie. I am positive this is the energy I feel coming from the Gebo!
Anyway let’s meditate on bringing some harmonizing music :notes: I’m just saying when we bring out this rune casting and we can try to visualize or meditate and ask ourselves questions that will give us the capability to bring these energies out.? Sound fair
Does this make sense?
So I just cited to make my own spread and just go with it I don’t know if it’s gonna work but I’m treating this as if it was a deck of cards. Is that OK I don’t know any controversy about this?

I think of the top of the crown of the head purple the top because this is my higher self. Where is my light source coming from the rune says ##Eihwaz## Pronunciation EEH, WAWZ
Rebirth, Endings, Strength, endurance, be patient rebirth! :evergreen_tree: Yew
2 Wound - strong textUruz Strengthstrong text###Uruz###Pronunciation 00-Roos
Meaning: Ox :ox: Strength
Wild :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This rune is the symbol of physical power ** Vitality** And good health. It can also suggest strong textemotional Courage. If you were going through a difficult time you must find creativity inside yourself and pull through you have a great Powerful when you do there’s no stopping you. This is also a rule about the need to take a risk and not to fear a change. But controversy it is also urging caution energy that is misdirected can do great harm to both yourself and others so ensure that your words and your actions do not wound or result in chaos but rather in healing and peace

Guide- Raidho
Pronunciation rye/through
Meaning journey :luggage: traveling :compass:
Travel is the key theme for the room card when it appears in a casting it indicates that the exciting journey is about to begin. This could be a physical journey but not far more than likely to indicate an inner journey. The rune is associated with the right path being traveled so this suggests that you focus should be on enjoying the ride rather than actually Dicen live in power in now. Being so closely linked to forward momentum this car could also indicate that you are currently feeling stuck in your life and stagnation is due to your unwillingness to look for answers within yourself things have not got to a point in your life nevertheless but it is more painful to remain where you are to go is central journey of self discovery and personal growth.

Wunjo- Pronunciation woon-Jo
Meaning happiness joy pleasure
This room card is all about the joy of benefit of positivity success harmony new beginnings fulfilling relationships a bliss optimistic
Jera
Pronunciation jar/aw
Meaning year harvest
Fruitful, peace, rewards, seasons, life is Cyclical
There are strong seasonal associations with this area. This is the rune of the good harvest or the culmination of the year or the cycle of planting and growing the results of fruitful crops. Another words discourage suggest that there have been many tough obstacles for you to overcome but you are about to feel the piece that comes when success is hard earned and justified. Your hard work patience and Discipline may soon be rewarded. Enjoy those rewards when you receive them but don’t relax too much. There is a forward momentum with this card and you were advised to plan ahead. The seasons of the year have a relentless quality and you need to prepare for Winter when resources may be scarce again. Above all this card remind you that during the good times you should build your strength learn lessons from the hardship overcoming prepare for the future whatever it may bring.

Heart :heart:

Jeannie

14 Likes

@marsha
Yes there is a segment on how to find this and that’s how I learned. Then I dove in learning about the meaning behind them.

8 Likes

@Amethyst’s Challenge Entry

So I’ve been pulling one rune a day, mainly to learn them slowly but surely. So today I moved to a Three Rune Spread, to see what I needed to know.

Today’s Rune Cast was a three-rune spread, Overview, Challenges, and Action.

My Overview was Algiz, which means guardian, home, safety, awakening. I want to be safe at home.

My Challenge was Uruz. Strength, health, vigor, force. My health is keeping me from doing the things I want.

And my Action is Mannaz. Community. Relationships. So I guess I’ve got to rely on my doctors to help me.

So that’s my Rune Cast for the day. Not something I didn’t know but maybe something I needed to verify. We’ll see.

So that’s what I did for the challenge! Hope you like it!

15 Likes