šŸ“– Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales

It sounds like an awesome book, especially for witches with an interest in Celtic deities and culture! :shamrock: Enjoy, Krissie! :blush:

Hooray for more books! :books: What have you recently added to your bookshelves, Janelle? I canā€™t wait to get some new recommendations from your awesome collection! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Some books are so good we want to have them with us always- I totally understand this! :grin: And yes, no big lost when an inexpensive book isnā€™t quite what was expected. I hope Embrace the Moon will be more a fun read for you! :open_book::two_hearts:

Audio books are a great way to learn on the go! :running_woman: I see them more and more often these days- becoming very popular! I hope you enjoy this new one- let us know how you like it :grinning::+1:

The cover is gorgeous- and it sounds like the inside is just as nice! Youā€™ve got a great find, @LimeBerry, enjoy it! :blush:

1 Like

Its going great for me so far, but Iā€™m only on chapter two. Hopefully Iā€™ll get home today and get to reading. Iā€™m taking notes as I go for a book report type thing when I talk about it a the end of the week. LOL.

2 Likes

I think I am going to take a break soon and go read a little bit in my room now that we are talking about it.

3 Likes

Good Saturday Morning! I am so immersed in the book I chose. Itā€™s almost as if reading it is comparable to having a conversation with an old friend. I look forward to reading it each day. Itā€™s filled with so much information that the highlight tool is a blessing! :grin:
Hereā€™s one excerpt regarding the time of the Salem Witch Trial that I did not knowā€¦

Howā€™s everyone enjoying their books?
Blessed Be

4 Likes

This is the book I am reading. Im actually getting ready to sete down & read for a little bit. Iā€™ve been pretty productive today & itā€™s time to take a break. I just wanted to make sure that anyone else who was looking for this type of book knows the title, authors, & cover. I actually purchased it from Amazon.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve skimmed this book several times. Have done one spell in itā€¦ Saw this challenge, now Iā€™m going to attempt a second spell from it and of course adding my own touches to it!

Self-care is always a struggle for meā€¦so time to dive in!

6 Likes

That one is next to read in my library.:wink:

4 Likes

This arrived today! Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham.

I canā€™t wait to get stuck in!
Top of the list of:

Has everyone read this already? :heart:

5 Likes

Currently I have been listening to an audio book. The book is called ā€œDrawing Down The Moonā€ by Margot Adler. I was intrigued by it after watching @Francisco review about it on YouTube a while ago. I listen to it almost every night before I go to bed for about an hour or so. Iā€™m really enjoying it so far! Itā€™s made me think and look at some things in a different perspective too.

6 Likes

I also made a post a while ago with some of my favorite ā€œNew Age/Metaphysical Booksā€

4 Likes

Another book Iā€™m currently reading from time to time is ā€œThe Crystal Bibleā€ by Judy Hall. She has 3 editions and every edition has new crystals/stones listed in them. The one im currently reading is the first one!

I highly recommend it! This series is definitely a must for the crystal enthusiast! So far I own the first 2 and need to buy the 3rd book sometime.

You can buy it on Amazon thatā€™s where I got mine or in most bookstores, like Barnes & Noble. Iā€™ve also seen them in new age shops.

5 Likes

I just finished reading the book Wicca, finding your path- by Lisa Chamberlain. Was very insightful in helping me understand the concepts of Wiccan traditions. I started this book before I subscribed to Spells8 than was put on the back burner, because there was so much valuable information on the site and forum, where I could learn from. (All the help, advice and suggestions by everyone in the group, has been invaluable)
I also Read other books on the craft this summer. Iā€™ll list a screenshot of them. Iā€™m so loving kindle!

My Wiccan/ spiritual path started around April 2020 reading, and learning as much as I could, which ultimately lead me to discover Spell8. Therefore, I believe everything was aligned and connected by the universe because I set out the intention to find spiritual knowledge- which has directed me to the path Iā€™m on now.
The books and this site have made me more confident in my craft. I feel that Iā€™ve grown and learned so much in just a couple of months. I can only imagine where Iā€™ll be a year from now. Just like the books stated several times. Wicca and Witchcraft is a lifelong commitment- In which you never stop learning or evolving as a Witch. My goal is to make it a daily practice even if itā€™s 10-15 mins per day. ( Of course ritual and spells more time invested) However, just to meditate in front of my altar everyday brings me clarity and peace. Also, would like to excel at reading the cards, which is still a work in progress.
Thank you for this challenge-was very insightful.
Blessed be

6 Likes

@Limeberry, I love that book! Itā€™s an oldie but a goodie. Itā€™s a bit outdated but itā€™s still got some great information.

3 Likes

Perfect timing! I just finished an online class on aromatherapy with essential oils and crystals.
image|320x240

Iā€™ve been learning lots about crystals and just got this one a couple weeks ago. Very informative!

6 Likes

My entry for the challenge is any of The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Iā€™ve read them all! Itā€™s about vampire hunters. Oh I love a good vampire novel! My favorite is Acheron. Here is a Google summary of the book bc itā€™s just better than what I can say:
Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. His human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Brought back against his will, he became the sole defender of mankind.
Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he never wants revealed - until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.
Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers, and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both. War has never been more deadlyā€¦or more fun.

Acheron is in a lot of Kenyonā€™s other books. I remember as I read, falling for this hard to get character. And (in my mind) he was so gorgeous :heart_eyes: lol but all in all, the entire series is a phenomenal read! I couldnā€™t wait to finish one book to get to the next. And my personal preference is that I needed the hard covers! I have both hard and soft copied of the seriesā€¦thatā€™s how much I love reading these books! I must have read them about three times now. Anyway, thank you to @BryWisteria for a reminder bc I need to finish the fourth book in the series, Dance With The Devil. I m not giving ANY spoilers! I love these books! And I couldnā€™t recommend any other book(s).

7 Likes

I decided to go back to my Bewitching the Elements by Gabriela Herstik and then I picked up The Toltec Way by Susan Gregg.

Bewitching the Elements is about all about empowering yourself using, can you guess lol? Earth: Ground it, Air: Breathe it, Fire: Burn it, Water: Feel it, Spirit: Embody it.

One thing that stands out is the various rituals for each said element. The author puts her own spin on them and itā€™s refreshing to read! (Pssst: she includes insights into Sex Magick as well.) Along with the rituals, at the end of the book which is called In Connection, she has a quiz type thing to help you discover your Elemental Makeup. It allows you to see which Element(s) are dominate and also shows you which Element(s) you are lacking in. She also adds in a worksheet to create your own ritual practice using the Elements.

And what kind of book would it be without an appendix of various correspondences?!

The Toltec Way is something I stumbled upon at B&N. Iā€™ve been feeling so out of sorts lately despite grounding myself and my energy, cleansing here and there, etcā€¦

To be honest I am only about a chapter in but it is fascinating.
ā€œThe power of the Toltec is the ability to transcend ordinary human awareness and achieve personal freedom- to stop simply reacting to the events in your life and instead make deliberate choices about your actions.ā€

I promise I will update more on this book later!

I hope everyone gets inspired by these two reads! I highly recommend Bewitching the Elements.

7 Likes

@christina4, Iā€™d love to check them out! I love vampire novels too. Ann Rice is one of my favorite writers. Her vampires to me are the legit ones . When I watch other vampires in moviesā€¦In my head I go thatā€™s not a real vampire! Lol

4 Likes

Sounds very interesting! I feel the same , been out of balance last week or so! And not sure why!? Almost like feeling drainedā€¦

6 Likes

I believe Mars is retrograde and Mercury is about to be as well. Turning everything topsy turvy!

7 Likes

Right? Iā€™ve been feeling weird too! :confused:

3 Likes