🕛 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

challenge entry -A touch of tarot
I see that others are marking the number of their challenge entry if they have done more than 1. Sorry! I have not. I believe this is entry #4.

I pulled a spread for the full moon today to reflect where I am, what is influencing me, what I have created, what is no longer serving me, how can I release this energy, and what can I learn during this cycle.

The spread from my Writual Planner (so glad that was suggested on this site) (Edit was to include where I got the planner from).

I love the synergy of life! My doc told me recently that maybe I don’t have to hold on so tight (I was crying in his office because I felt like if I didn’t hold it together all the time that my world would fall apart -husband can’t handle it if I am upset or sad and work is very busy. It is interesting to me that my doctors office is the only safe place where I can just shed a couple of tears. At least for now). Anyways the “what I can learn during this cycle” answer was to learn to let go and open myself to the inherit generosity of the goddess.

I don’t specifically turn the cards so that some will be reversed. I read the cards as a spectrum and try to use my intuition to help with which end. However, I will pull out my pendulum when I have a card that I think would be considered reversed. Then I use the Tarot Reversals book by Leeza Robertson (LOVE THIS BOOK), and I use the pendulum to intuit if the card is blocked, in protection, mirror, shadow, or retrograde. Then look that up in her book. Has been so perfectly on spot so far.

This reading really reflected where I am, what I am going through and steps to move forward. I think this month may be challenging (had 2 5s) but given the other cards, it means that from these potential difficulties, there will be a transformation into something of value. (that is as long as I do the work and learn the lesson :slight_smile: ) The cards have also told me to not try to push so hard in transforming (hence the letting go portion of the reading as well)

Love reading the tarot.

For this reading I used my Druidcraft deck.

Cheers!

10 Likes

This has been spot on for me, I can recognize going through all of it, the thoughts of scarcity and abundance, the tea ritual last week and its aftermath, self-care and staying nourished, the craving for quiet contemplation, the feeling of stillness before the birth of something major, also the artistic expression and extra love… it really is a magickal time! :blush: :heart:

Also I’m going to use this Full Moon in Leo to get started on that poetry book! :closed_book: :sparkles: :lion: Hmmm, I have one more challenge entry left… :smirk: :full_moon:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

The Spell-ing Bee :honeybee:

For this challenge, I did the Road Opener Spell on this site, but not for myself. I have a family member who is going through a difficult time, right now. I have given all the advice I can give, and I can’t force them to listen to me. The only other thing I could do for them was some spell work. I changed the ritual a little by invoking the leaders of the Elemental Dragons, Grael, Sairys, Fafnir, and Naelyon. I used black tourmaline for Earth (to rid any negative thoughts telling my family member that they can’t move forward), some cinnamon essential oil for air (for prosperity), a white candle for fire, and cauldron water for…water. :laughing: I changed the prayer to include the name of the person. Afterward, I let the candle burn down and poured the water into one of my potted plants.

13 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch they look great! I tried them but couldn’t work them with my hands. If I remember they are like the Jamberry nail ones. I used to have those & used them all time. I can’t remember when I had done anything done to my nails. I’m so happy for you :heartbeat:

@Phoenix_Rose I really enjoy when someone can find what works for them in how they read the cards! I love that you have found your way so well! :heartbeat:

I have a spread that I hope to do later today. Currently not in the right mindset for much of anything… so kind of doing some self care of my own & enjoying reading the entries this afternoon & how people approach the different ones, make them their own, & do such a great job :blush:

@Kasandra, I love how you used the spell on the site & made it your own for a family member. Beautifully done & I hope things start progressing for them the best way it can. I have been in similar situations with family members. I hope things clear up & get at least a little easier soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY FOR:

1. Dual Wielding Opposite Forces
  2. Magick On The Go

The forces that be have been nagging me to work some healing magick :adhesive_bandage: on a family situation that occurred last summer between myself and a distant cousin. He is suffering from an addiction at the moment and behaved very inappropriately toward me, in front of other family members, during a summer vacation. This incident has made a much beloved family retreat a place of anxiety and dread. My family meets every summer in Maine, on a property that has been in the family for over 100 years. This is a very special place to me and this situation is not something I can easily escape unless I stop going…and I’m NOT letting him take that away from me! :triumph:

Several months ago I found a beautiful little tin to create a travel alter and just haven’t gotten around to making it. But, being prepared to face this relative by having my magick tools :magic_wand: on hand as I head to Maine next summer is very important to me. This is the kind of family drama that causes people not to speak to each other for decades and it has to be dealt with. So, by gearing up now, the magick will already have started working when my summer trip rolls around. And, while I’m there, I’ll be equipped to cast MAGICK ON THE GO!

My travel alter is filled with:

1. black candles - protection
  2. black tourmaline bowl - protection during mixing
  3. carnelian - empowerment
  4. tigers eye - protection
  5. clear quartz - protection, clarity, healing
  6. dragons blood incense - protection
  7. white sage incense - cleansing, relaxation
  8. black salt - remove negative energy
  9. Knight of pentacles tarot card as my alter cloth
  10. florida water spray bottle
  11. baggies for spell ingredients
  12. DUAL WIELDING OPPOSITE FORCES / SPELL JAR

The MOST important part of this travel alter is my DUAL WIELDING OPPOSITE FORCES / SPELL JAR! :jar: I am creating a spell that combines the Yin Yang :yin_yang: of protection and susceptibility, a shield :shield: of personal power that simultaneously breaks down barriers to healing, on my part and his, so that communication and resolution can take place.

I love the idea of a spell jar accompanying the travel alter because it can be replaced depending on the needs of any particular vacation destination, or in this case, travel companions. It becomes the “magick battery” of the travel alter!

To create this particular spell jar I gathered the following ingredients:

Protection & Empowerment Ingredients:

• 1 strand of my hair
  • lavender - protection
  • rue - protection
  • corse salt - dispel negative vibes

Barrier Breaking Ingredients:

• bay leaf - negative energy repellant
  • cinnamon - healing & love
  • rose quartz chips - emotional healing
  • rose petals - promote communication
  • Sigil of my intention

I began this spell by taking a “cleanse and protect bath” from Spells8 (▶️ ‘Cleanse & Protect’: A Pre-Spell Spiritual Bath – Spells8). After gathering the items required for the spell, I set protective crystals in the four corners of the room and cast my circle.
When my space was protected, I lit a black candle (for protection) and a light blue candle (for family unity) to begin the spell. I visualized energy flowing up from the earth and through me, then began energizing my ingredients.
As I added the ingredients to my jar, I repeated my incantation:

Magick running through me,
let healing be my destiny.
Power that is always mine,
protect and mend my Maine bloodline.

To end the spell, I thanked the universe for its power, protection and love, blew out the candles, dismissed my circle and assembled my travel alter. It feels powerful already. I’m really happy with how it all turned out.

17 Likes

I really like how you incorporated all 3 together for 1 goal! Awesome entries & work @Trixie_Thojrne! :two_hearts:

I hope you Maine reunion goes well for you & the situation can be resolved & put behind you :hugs:

10 Likes

Beautiful @jan_TheGreenWitch!

9 Likes

You did awesome on this. I love your travel altar!

8 Likes

Challenge entry #2 strength of the full moon

I collected rain water in my cauldron put red Jasper and a coin in it then let it charge in the snow moon light :sparkles::full_moon:

14 Likes

Beautiful bright moon!! Here in Oregon collecting rainwater is a big deal because of some news of collecting rain water being illegal :laughing: (but it was exaggerated)

It doesn’t look very cloudy in the picture but I hope you got enough rainwater to cleanse your crystals!!

12 Likes

Thank you @Francisco :sparkles: the moon is gorgeous tonight I can feel the energy and yes I managed to get just enough rain water​:grin: lol :+1:

8 Likes

My Challenge Entry #2 : Elemental Mastery :air_element: :earth_element: :fire_element: :water_element: :spirit_element: (Master of All Elements)

This one has been really really excitiing and equally divine!! I looved the feel all elements in my heart as I first set up my altar for each element taking the help from here -

Thank you soooo much @jordyn for this oh soo beautiful and powerful spell for calling upon the four elements to reside in one’s heart! :hearts: :sparkles: I found this extremely helpful for gathering the resembling items for each element! :innocent: Fortunately, I had basically all of them with me! :sweat_smile: :blush: Here goes, a picture of my Elemental Altar last night… :wink: :sparkles: :dizzy:

I had also made a collage to present every elemental placing properly in the picture with the associated items surrounding the different coloured candles for each element! :smiling_face:

I placed a green candle :green_heart: :candle: in the north direction for the Earth Element, surrounded by some rosemary, basil and thyme herbs and black tourmaline placed on the tops, along with a stone that I had found buried in a pile of mud some months back! :blush: Then, I placed a light blue candle :blue_heart: :candle: in the west direction for the Water Element, along with a chalice of full moon water :full_moon: :ocean: and sea shells! :shell: Third, a red candle :heart: :candle: for Fire Element with the clay representation of a Sun that I had made, in the south and lastly, a yellow candle :yellow_heart: :candle: in the east direction, placed beside a pigeon feather :feather: for the Air Element, that had dropped on my terrace some time ago…:smiling_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also placed a lovely lil white candle :white_heart: :candle: in the center of my pentacle for representing the Element of Spirit. Finally, after I had set up my altar I lit each candle as I invoked the elements with divine chants and some blissful meditations!

I left the elemental candles to burn out near my altar at the end…

At last afterI literally felt every elemental spirit sitting beside me, smiling, when I drew a subtle smile on my own face and cleared my altar for this Pentagram Elemental Tarot Spread!

I finished my Elemental Magick Ritual by gaining the insights from the cards I got as, each one of them, literally struck my head with a message clearer than crystal, sitting very well with their associated elements!! Here’s a photo of my reading! :sparkles: :tarot_card: I have used the charming deck here - Tarot of The Divine :sparkles:

So far, I think I have REALLY enjoyed the Catch-up challenge :wink: for I got to participate in some extremely beautiful and magickal challenges! :sparkling_heart: :hugs: :hearts:
I am soon coming back with my third entry for this witchy week! :wink: :crystal_ball: :magic_wand:
Blessed be loves…
:heartpulse: :two_hearts: :hugs:

11 Likes

That is such a great way to think about transforming thoughts. I will remember this.

Love your poem!

I hope you both heal quickly and fully @jan_TheGreenWitch and @Mistress_Of_Herbs!
Beautiful looking teas.

That is impressive! So much dedication to making the teas. They sound wonderful😍

Pretty altar and spell jar ingredients. May it bring you lots of self :heart: love.

That would look really cool! Any ‘mistake’ makes your sculpture your own. I am sure it will look great! I look forward to seeing it.

N

So glad you enjoyed baking with intention! I usually mean to do that but the. Get caught up in the day and forget. Thanks for the reminder!

Love this!! As someone who games, this resonates with me. I’m like -“ohhh a save point” :wink:.

@charlotte2 beautiful sun and moon creations!

11 Likes

I hope your day got better. Sending much love and big hugs!

10 Likes

I am so glad this resonated with you :slight_smile:

Love your poetry!!

9 Likes

It was slow going, but I made it back out to the living room with my husband & 2 of my kids for the rest of the afternoon & evening. I’m okay, just an off day & needed some time to kind of… let the feelings be what they were going to be, even if I couldn’t immediately figure out why they were that way. :hugs: Thank you :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Everyone’s entries are so amazing to see! :clap::star_struck:

Not to break up the fun and the flow, but I do have to play rule warden for just a moment with a friendly reminder for everyone about the Catch-Up Challenge rules:

If there are any questions or uncertainties about an entry, I will reach out to individuals privately via PM. And if anyone has any questions about the challenge, the rules, etc for me, know that you are always welcome to reach out! :blush:

It’s also time for our weekly “final call” call! :mega:

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

→ February 7, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :jar: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Thank you @Ostara! Happy Birthday!!

7 Likes

Thank you @Trixie_Thojrne!

6 Likes

For my next challenge entry, I chose to do :busts_in_silhouette: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Freedom in Forgiveness

I’ve been meaning to write a “F*** You” letter for quite some time, and though this might not seem like forgiveness, I think it is. Here’s why - for me, forgiveness is just as much about closure as it is letting go and moving on. In this case, the person the letter is addressed to has cut contact with me for their own personal reasons. I don’t believe I did anything wrong and the communication on their part was non-existent. So, long story short, I have no closure and this person really hurt me.

I wrote them a letter with everything I feel, everything I wish I could say to them, and then burned the letter in my cauldron.

I feel a bit better today – I did this last night – but I will probably have to do it again in the future because this is a bigger issue than one letter can address.

12 Likes