šŸ¾ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales

Marissa,
How interesting I love spirit animals! There my spirit guidance as well, I always wondered how it is that instead of calling to a god. A person will call out to a animal! Since the beginning of time I always felt so strongly about our relationship to animals. So yeah during a tarot reading or something like that you can call on the energy of an animal if you need help with like a question in a reading! I have a couple decks that are about animals when it comes to the tarot!

I love unicorns, horses, dragons, bears, Lions, Foxes, owls! I suppose we can imagine if you needed rest you could call on the energy of a bear! And ask the spirit guides for guidance. P.S
Thanks for all your downloads! It will help me when I see an animal decide weather or not itā€™s speaking to me as a omen or just a every day event. Or an animal just being a animal in nature! Funny huh itā€™s late and I picked the bear! Lol I need to get some rest!
Blessed be!

10 Likes

Iā€™m doing a spell that involves invoking Aphrodite and showing gratitude with some of her favourite animals such as a sparrow. Iā€™ve always loved sparrows

9 Likes

Tonight isnā€™t the first time Iā€™ve spoken to my dragon guardian; itā€™s been a little over a week now.

That first night we made contact, I lit a candle, left an offering of cloves, and as I made small talk, I felt a warm, tingling sensation all over my body. Since then, Iā€™ve noticed that Iā€™m feeling less shy and Iā€™m having more confidence in myself!

In that time, Iā€™ve learned a few things about my dragon guardian:

1. Dragons are powerful. When working with them, state your intentions clearlyā€¦ and remember the Wiccan rede! That being said, I believe that they can be an incredible force of positive change in your life.

2. My dragon guardian doesnā€™t have a given name, but I can give them whatever name I feel best suits them. Iā€™ve been thinking the reason for this is naming is something only humans do? :thinking:

3. My dragon guardian is an earth dragon. This surprised me because Iā€™ve always identified with the element of water. No matter what obstacles are in my way, Iā€™ve always managed to find a way over, under, through, or around them, like water. But it makes sense, because Iā€™ve managed to remain stable, grounded, in challenging, stressful times of my life.

4. The dragon that keeps coming to my mind is a bluish, white dragon. Normally, when you think of an earth dragon, youā€™d probably expect it to be green. But the earth does come in all colors. Maybe it could also represent the dual connection I have to earth and water?

By the way, I was browsing dragon decor on Amazon today and stumbled upon this breathtaking statue! This is the closest image of the dragon thatā€™s been coming to my mind! I would love to buy it, but itā€™s $123! :sob:

11 Likes

@Saulamay this is a beautiful story! She was meant to be with you! Like the cliche says. Animals pick you, not the other way around. In this case Bast has been with you all along.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

Position 1 Hummingbird Spirit
Be here know
Seems pretty bitter sweet even though internally right now I am not feeling sweet. Have a really become the person I want to be? This message give me a requirement and a desire to be still because the hummingbird is here and there and for me I need to just need to be still. I am feeling that I am not enough.
Card 2: Turtle Spirit
ā€œSlow and steady wins the raceā€
What is the next right action to stay in alignment with my highest intentions?
I am studying for the as asvab and I hope that my studies go well. I need to trust there is something elseā€™s for me. On to the next, and there is no rush! I just need small movements! Sometimes in this world we are pushed to go go go and for now I just need to sit back and remember that I am only human. The protection that the turtle have is abundant and the message that he sent this to me is to just be.Releasing fear and trusting to simply be.
Card three:
Where could this evolve if I remain on this path?
Nighttingale Spirit
Love is all around
Reminds me that I am loved! I will rise up! I have connections with the light around me.Yes there are shadows and darkness but love and prosperity exist everywhere even in the seeming emptiness of space of darkness and starless night. Feel it and trust in tomorrowā€™s light renewing your ability to recognize that the spaces that appear empty or filled with love and abundance illumination will happen soon. Soon I will feel the love. Bringing light into the darkness with love from within give it a voice and know that Day break will be here soon.
By collette Baron -Ried
I used the oracle to connect with the spirit animals! I feel like today I was stabbed in the back. But I learned a lesson not to be so NaĆÆve.
I will survive I have a hard shell that is protecting me!
This was not a spell but itā€™s how I could connect to spirit today! I did a meditation and wrapped the invoked through pentagram all around me invoking blue light red light, green light to surround me.I Breathed in white light. I am grounded with the earth :earth_americas: beneath my feet! I filled up with white lite in my minds eye! Spirit lead me! I asked the cards to help me with a current situation.com
Blessed be lovely witches!

Jeannie

9 Likes

Stephanie89,
Very good I am glad you are protected! I know that the dragons energies is very strong so you can pull on that energy! For sure Stephanie89!
Bye for know!
Blessed be

6 Likes

For my challenge this week, Iā€™ve been working on trying to establish a relationship with Bast. Iā€™ve been offering incense and milk, along with some water to Her every night for the past three nights. Up until last night, I hadnā€™t really felt too much after my offerings and prayers to Her.

Last night, however, as I meditated after my prayers to Her, I felt like some weight was being lifted off my shoulders. I felt safer and more secure than I usually do.

Normally, my cats donā€™t really want too much to do with people unless theyā€™re in the mood to be interacted with on their terms (my kitties are the super fickle kind, but I still love them more than anything <3 lol). Today, however, they were all much more affectionate toward me than normal, and one of them followed me around all day to the point where I started calling her my lilā€™ ā€œpuppycat.ā€ Iā€™m hoping that this is a sign that Bast is warming up to me a bit!

I plan on continuing to honor Bast regularly. Iā€™m still very new to deity work outside of my upbringing in a Christian family, and so far, Bast has responded the most favorably to me, so Iā€™d love to continue building a relationship with Her moving forward.

7 Likes

Ohhh I remember your encounter with the bat, @Abs53! That was so exciting :bat: I would love to hear the follow-up and see what that experience lead you towards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Gorgeous animal tarot decks, @Jeannie1! :heart_eyes: It sounds like animals are a very important part of your life and your magickal practice :two_hearts:

Sparrows are a charming bird to have a connection with, @AliceInWonderdab! Was there a moment or encounter that brought them into your life, or perhaps theyā€™ve always called out to you? :bird: :blush:

Congrats on deepening your bond with your dragon guardian, @Kasandra! They sound like a truly blessed presence in your life :dragon_face: As for names, ā€œnamesā€ as we know them are speaken or written in human languages- so yes, it would make sense that names are a concept tied to creatures that use written and spoken words! For dragons and other creatures (that are non-verbal) perhaps they are usually referred to in other more abstract ways- like emotions, memories, or wishes. Do you think you will give your earth dragon guardian a name, Stephanie? :dragon: :green_heart:

Well done on your growing connect with Bast, @Jewitch! :cat: It sounds like cats are an important part of life, so Bast is a natural deity for you to draw on. May She watch over you and your furry friends :pray::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a very important package on the way to me from the States. I am terrified of it not arriving, as the mail system here in Poland has beenā€¦ frustrating to put it nicely :sweat:

But @bertaā€™s gorgeous Prayer for Shipped Packages has not let me down yet- itā€™s been quite potent! So for this weekā€™s challenge, I combined her lovely chant with my own small spell and a meditation drawing on the strength of an eagle :eagle:

Two feathers :bird: Icelandic vegvisir compass :compass: Candle :candle:

Swift and speedy, safe through the night
By wings of an eagle- package take flight!

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Well done to all animal lovers who have shared their inspirational entries so far! :sparkles:

Friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: April 6th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :paw_prints: :heart:

6 Likes

Aw, Iā€™m so very sorry for the loss of your furbaby!!!

5 Likes

Until my package arrives, Iā€™ll have to use another favorite of mine, the eagle :eagle:
The eagle is a music box that reminds me of my ancestors. I also have a dove the same style.

And these two are waiting for their mama in the mail.

The two cobras :snake::snake:

Itā€™ll all look better after my package arrives. Promise , even if my post is late. Idc bc I want to share her with you guys!!!

7 Likes

Hereā€™s the dove:

Sheā€™s also a music box.

6 Likes

I wanted to do something special for my cat, so I bought the book The Little Book of Cat Magic by Deborah Blake for inspiration. Itā€™s a great book for working with familiars, if you believe that cats can be familiars and not spirits. Lots of protection magic and ways to find a familiar and power animal. Things like that.

So I blessed my Cat Max this week. Youā€™re supposed to light a pink or white candle but I didnā€™t because Max likes to play with fire and I didnā€™t want to take the chance. But hereā€™s the prayer that goes with it:

Cat, I bless you
With all my witchy power
With all my loving heart
With the moon up above
And the earth below
I bless you with health
And I bless you with happiness
That you may stay by my side
In magic, joy, and harmony!

So mote it be!

So thatā€™s what I did. Like I said, words were written by Deborah Blake. Itā€™s a cute little book if you want to read it.

10 Likes

I love your music boxes @christina4! Those are beautiful!

5 Likes

Thanks so much! :heart::heart::heart::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been searching for earth dragon names online. There are dozens of them, some of which donā€™t have any meanings (and are a bit difficult to pronounce or have an unknown pronunciation)!
One name that caught my eye was ā€œNuytaaā€. Iā€™ve been saying NEW-EE-TA, but there might be other ways to say it.

5 Likes

As I look back on the time after my good friend made the turtle my spirit animal, the turtle has followed me & become part of my craft & collections. I have a stuffed blue turtle & I also have 2 turtle charms on my Pandora bracelet. I also have a Lapis Lazuli turtle; she spoke to me in the crystal store. I also have a Green Aventurine turtle on the way from @Missaā€™s Etsy shop & a Tigerā€™s Eye (Gold) turtle on the way from Embodii Crystals. I looked up the meaning of the Turtle Spirit Animal & it really resonates with the past few years of my life with all of the physical, mental, & life changes.

Turtle Spirit Animal

"The turtle guide in your life is a symbol of stability. Take it easy and slow. You may take more time to get there, but your life will be very stable.

The turtle reminds you not to punish yourself by pushing too hard. It is not worth the effort.

You can achieve stellar results by being focused. Donā€™t lose sight of your goals. Rather, advance gradually, making sure that every aspect of the journey is well taken care of.

The hard shell of the turtle protects it from harm. This symbolizes your need to protect yourself. Guard your life against negative influences, bad thoughts, and hurtful past."

This fits my life over the last 4 or 5 years of changes & the turtle coming to me makes so much sense. I love the charms & crystals that I have acquired to remind me of what is important & to take my time & protect myself and my energy.

I also resonate with the Phoenix; it is a symbol of my sun sign, Scorpio.

Phoenix Spirit Animal"
The Phoenix comes to reassure you that you will rise from the ashes. And, not just that!

This spirit animal comes to guide you out of despair, to offer you a second chance.

As such, this bird is most likely to appear to you when you are down and out. At such times, only a miracle can save you. The phoenix spirit animal is that miracle!"

The phoenix has been in my life a few times over the past year & I came out the other side feeling much better & more connected to myself & my family & friends.

9 Likes

Here is what Iā€™ve been dying to show all of youā€¦my Isis statue :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

She over towers everything :joy: she is absolutely beautiful and gorgeous day and night! Is there an invocation or prayer to welcome her to my home?
EDIT: Iā€™m going to make it just an Isis altar when I receive more packages first. For now, crystals. I mean she did wrestle amongst cobras. And had a babyā€¦my babies (besides my kids) are my crystals.

11 Likes

I bought two crystal cobras and she comes baring cobras hereā€¦

Aaand here these are the 2 that I bought for herā€¦but the more the merrier.
Rose quartz and dolomite.

9 Likes