šŸ™ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Dealing in the Divine

I think itā€™s wonderful so many people have strong ties and connections with deities! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For anyone still searching for a diety to connect with or learn more about, here a few more resources with a huge collection of deities from around the world!

:trophy: Ten Most Popular Gods That People Worship:

:skull_and_crossbones: Top Ten Scary Mythological Gods in History:

:sunny: Top Ten Gods and Goddesses of Mayan Mythology:

:deciduous_tree: Top Ten Nature Deities:

:pray: Indian Pantheons: Crash Course World Mythology:

And this very interesting article from ListVerse: 10 Weirdly Specific Gods Your Mythology Class Left Out. Did you know there is a Norse god of endless bacon :bacon:? Or the Greek ā€œUnknown Godā€ for things forgotten :thinking:? ListVerse isnā€™t the most fact-based site so Iā€™m not sure how authentic the information is- but it certainly makes for an entertaining read! :open_book: :laughing:

Good luck, and blessed divine magick to all practicing! :sparkles::pray:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I am working with Brigid and our Triple Goddess right now, but I have a book about Celtic Gods and Goddesses that I am looking forward to reading. I finished a book last night and I pulled this one out to start reading. Iā€™m looking forward to reading these articles and watching the videos.

4 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome, @Susurrus! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I had a lot of fun watching the videos and learning about various deities :open_book: . Itā€™s amazing how many differences but also similarities there are across pantheons and cultures! I hope you enjoy the videos and articles too- happy learning! :books::sparkles:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve shared my own small tribute to the Horned God for this weekā€™s challenge here:

Thank you to all who have participated in this challenge so far! :clap: It has been a pleasure to read your stories and learn more about your deities :blush:

:exclamation: A gentle reminder that this challenge closes TOMORROW, August 28th at 5:00 AM CET! If you would like to participate but have not done so already, please post before this time! :exclamation:

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

This week I focused on Hekate. I found a wonderful guided mediation to Hekate Einalia on YouTube that had me going down a path with roses to meet Hekate of the Sea. I was also burning mugwort incense since that is one of Her herbs.

I also found a wonderful article on 13 Ways to work with Hekate that was handy. And lastly, I found a lovely journal entry on The Many Epithets of Hekate.

So thatā€™s what I did this morning. I hope yā€™all enjoy the links and they can help you in your search for Hekate. It made for some fun research! :broom: :sparkles:

6 Likes

I created a BOS page last night for He ate. I also found a great website that have some interesting information about her as well, https://occult-world.com/hecate/

Iā€™ve really found a few connections with Hecate that Iā€™m excited to explore even further.
Thank you @Amethyst for the various links Iā€™m going to check those out also.
Blessed Be Witches!

7 Likes

I found a lovely Brigid Invocation that I turned into a BOS page and I found a book on Amazon for her too! Iā€™m waiting for that to come in as Iā€™m reading a book that is focused on Celtic Gods and Goddesses right now.

@Amethyst and @Rowan those are great works regarding Hectate. I donā€™t know much about her, but Iā€™m intrigued enough to learn more about her this weekend while I am at home.

5 Likes

What a lovely journal page @Rowan! You did some great work. And thank you for your link. I hadnā€™t found that and it has some good information.

If you get interested in Hekate, @Susurrus, there is a great book, Keeping Her Keys that focuses on Hekate. I read it a couple of months ago, maybe last year but I remember it being very interesting.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s also a YouTube channel by the same name " Keeping Her Keys".
Thank you lovely, Iā€™m not a good artist with colors unfortunatelyā€¦lol

6 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @Rowan! And your colors were nice!

I think that the YouTube channel is by the same author who wrote the book. You never know who you are going to find on YouTube.

5 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst, I will put it on my list of books that I want to get.

4 Likes

I woke up last week with the name Cerridwen on my tongue. She is a Welsh crone goddess, keeper of the cauldron of knowledge and inspiration in the Underworld. She makes me laugh, because she became the mother of Talisin (Famous Welsh Poet/Bard) in an amusing way. Cerridwen had two children, a beautiful daughter an an ugly (maybe even evil)son named Morfan. to help her son she brews a potion in her cauldron. Because the brew took a year and a day, she enlists helpers to stir the potion and tend the fire. Gwion is one such person, as he stirs the potion 3 drops accidentally fall on him and blessed him with knowledge and inspiration. Cerridwen races after Gwion, each transforming from animal to animal to gain an advantage over the other. Finally, Gwion changed into a seed, and Cerridwen changed into a hen, and ate him up. Cerridwen became pregnant from this seed, giving birth to Taliesin. She couldnā€™t kill him so she set afloat in a leather boat. He was adopted by a Welsh couple. The chase is really humorous! I feel closer to crones as I age. It is a time of life for gaining wisdom and sharing it with others. These deities help others to the Otherworld to rest before they are reborn again.
My dreams over this last week have revolved being a nurse in a strange hospital where I gathered a patient in my arms and walked off with him. It took me time to find my way back to the hospital, but he woke without harm. Another dream involved talking to a patient and her family about death and dying, offering them comfort. You can see where crone goddesses apply.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing all these great resources, @Amethyst! :hearts: I love the guided youtube meditation on Hecate- she has such a powerful and soothing voice, and the background music is heavenly :sparkles: Iā€™m so glad you had fun with your research and were able to connect with this very interesting goddess! :blush::two_hearts:

What a gorgeous entry in your Book, @Rowan! :heart_eyes: The page really came out lovely- your design is perfect, and I adore the decorations- especially that key! :old_key: Beautiful and informational, thanks so much for sharing! :pray::two_hearts:

Nice finds, @Susurrus! :clap: It seems that Hecate is calling your name, along with Brigid- I hope you have a lot of fun and enjoy the books you are finding! Happy learning :open_book::blush:

A very fascinating story- thank you for sharing this knowledge and also your own personal connection with Cerridwen, @wendy4! :hearts: It is clear that you embody the motherly, wise, and caring qualities of the crone- even in your dreams! :sleeping: I am glad that you kind heart carries through to the patients in your inner conscious- they are lucky to have such a loving nurse to care for them :two_hearts:

2 Likes

:heavy_heart_exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Thank you so much for everyone who joined in and shared their knowledge, stories, and connections with deities- I learned so much from all of you! :open_book::two_hearts:

A reward post with shout-outs and prize details is coming very soon- please keep an eye out in the forums!

Blessed Be :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @Susurrus! If youā€™re like me you have a book list a mile long. LOL.

4 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! I figure if I was interested in them, others would be too! :grin:

4 Likes

@Amethyst I have a ton of books in my saved for later cart on Amazon. Iā€™m trying to only get them when I finish one or two, but sometimes I order one just because it is that intriguing to me. Lol

4 Likes

I keep mine on a wish list for me, @Susurrus. That way I donā€™t have to faff about in my cart. Of course Iā€™ve got other stuff on my list so itā€™s huge, but thatā€™s what wish lists are for! LOL

4 Likes

I agree. I try to remember to use wishlist but I started using save for later instead. I just go through it and see what I can get or need and select that one. Lolā€¦ If I had a written list though, it would be notebooks full.

5 Likes

Amazon has a wish list section so you can add an item to your list and keep an eye out to see if anything has gone on sale. Thatā€™s probably why Iā€™m so far behind on my reading, they had about five of my wish list on sale this past month. LOL :books:

5 Likes