šŸŽ² Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Divining Differently

Remember similar to the crystal ball is scrying in a black mirror too. I have made a black mirror myself not too long ago by painting a glass from a picture frame black. The black glass after it dried and the golden frame are just so unique. I am still to master divination and need to work a little more on it. Thanks for the cool challenge. :blush: :heartpulse:

14 Likes

Hi! I happen to be reading coffee grounds since I was a child without even realising (nor adults around mešŸ˜‚). A while ago as saw death in it. The shape was a flock of birds flying towards the sky. It didnā€™t matter what I was seeing, all I knew was that a death experience was approaching and it did. I got scared in the first 30 sec but then realised there was nothing to be afraid of and accepted that experience that was coming. That week I experienced 3 deaths. Luckily it was not a close familiar or friend, nor someone extremely close to me hut all 3 deaths seemed very related to my vision.

I also have runes and tarots but I donā€™t use them to predict future, i like to do readings where the participant is analysing his own situation and taking responsibility of their own life.

16 Likes

Thank youšŸ˜˜

10 Likes

Ooh, happy birthday :birthday: :partying_face: i just noticed the cake!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful job you did :clap: i love it!

10 Likes

This is my entry for the weekly challenge.

I tried looking up a term for cloud gazing but Google calls is pareidolia. :laughing: (if anyone knows the name, thatā€™d be great)
Anyway, I did it as its one of the earliest forms of divination that Iā€™ve done.
I saw many things such as a heart, a face and an eagle. It was early in the morning shortly after the sun :sun_with_face: woke up. I brought my cup of coffee with me and sat on the patio. Believe me, I was waiting for a while and for some unique pictures to show up. But, thats all I saw. :heart: :pouting_woman: :parrot: .

19 Likes

I was having trouble deciding what question to ask for this divination challenge. But when I was browsing YouTube the other day I stumbled upon the song ā€œHold Me Closerā€ by Cornelia Jakobs. I have written several posts in A Sacred Space about Daniel. I thought that I had moved on from him, but around June, I had a dream about him. Now, that song has reminded me of the state of our current relationship and I couldnā€™t help but cry.
I asked Veaug what our future would have been like if things had played out differently. The shape that came to me in the darkness was a half circle with the triangle that represents the Element of Water at the bottom.
I was stumped for a while on the meaning, but I think I have figured it out. An engagement and wedding ring represents an endless circle of love. The half circle could mean that things would have ended. As for the Element of Waterā€¦ maybe it means that this relationship wouldnā€™t have lasted no matter what and I must wash myself clean of it.
Sunu. Sigh. I am trying. Part of me, my heart, doesnā€™t want to let go.

13 Likes

@christina4 I do the same thing! Probably the first divination / sign seeking that I did as a kid. Iā€™d ask the universe for a sign about something and one of the first places Iā€™d look was clouds.

@BryWisteria I was wondering if we can use a system that weā€™ve experienced a bit but might be rusty withā€¦ or perhaps take it an unconventional direction? Iā€™ve done runes a bit but Iā€™m not great at it. But I read once that we can look for the rune symbols in nature, too, as signs. Would that work? I would love to try it.

I hope I have time to get an entry in!

11 Likes

@Melora_Fae using Runes in a different way than you presently do differently would absolutely count for the challenge.

@Christina4 I used to do that all time, I didnā€™t know that was a form if divination!

@jan_TheGreenWitch I hope you have a good day & weekend. Happy Birthday :birthday:

12 Likes

I donā€™t know if this interests you, but hereā€™s another one:
Take autumn leaves by the handful, and while concentrating on subject/issue/desire or even a deity, rub the leaves between your palms. Allow the dried bits to fall to the ground at will, then, when you will, cast the remainder down or away from you. Read as you would bones, tea leaves, or even dried herbs.
Hope this helps!

14 Likes

It appears that you are a clairvoyant. Have you tried scrying or mirror magick?
Wishing you all the best!

11 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch
Wow! I have never tried blue lotus flower but I am planning to!
I recently had my first lucid dream and was incredible. It lasted only few seconds and I lost connection to my present having a vision of the Pope dropping something from his hands
:sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Ok so oracle cards. I hope that these count for a divination challenge entry because they are literally my new favorite thing right now and I am obsessively collecting decks as I found an online bookstore that is so much more affordable than other places that I have looked. I am really connecting to the work of Lucy Cavendish and the artwork of Jasmine Beckett-Griffith. Iā€™m working with pulling one card each day from any deck at random really. I have found combining the decks and pulling one from here and one from there really gives a detailed message.

13 Likes

@jessica72 hi! Absolutely Oracle Cards count as divination & your collection :star_struck:

I do believe Iā€™ve added a few to my wishlist now! :laughing:

I did get the Morrigan Oracle & Celtic Goddesses Oracleā€¦ canā€™t wait for those to get here!

I love the Mermaids & Shapeshifters onesā€¦ & Alice in Wonderlandā€¦ Iā€™ll stop because I could keep going :joy:

14 Likes

Hi Jessica I see oracle cards are available to you! That is Such a great collection! I am wondering about the lonely woods oracle! If I took a picture of all my oracle cards Iā€™d have to take a lot of pics! Lol I canā€™t believe you have some I donā€™t have! Lol :laughing:

I decided to make runes that are Officially done!

I am impressed with them I actually did two projects that are completely done :ballot_box_with_check: Today was a successful day for this challenge I would say! Thanks for encouraging me infinite roots! I love I got some hands on training! Also It worked out great cause I had to saw out and everything and I got to saw my own wood out for my runes! I had to put my bed up and decided to steal some wood :wood: that was solid oak! Thanks Kanabis for your help and support!
Jeannie

13 Likes

Great job @Jeannie!! Two projects done! Time to have some YOU time!

Your runes look great! I wish my hands were better, I would love to try to make my own runes or staves. I have a wood burner too, maybe unsteady lines are how mine are supposed to be :thinking:

I have been inspired to try to make my own regardless! You did a great job on them I like the wood grain patterns behind the rune symbols. Itā€™s the little things :laughing: Iā€™m always looking at how the grain of the woods are shaped & for patterns.

Maybe you could make a pouch or box for them to go in to draw from! Not right now, just a random passing thought.

11 Likes

Wow, great runes @Jeannie1! Those are awesome!

8 Likes

Okay for my challenge this week I got out my runes again. I made them when I first got started in magic so maybe about ā€¦ twenty years ago? Theyā€™ve been in a box for most of that time because I could never get intuitively connected to them. Or I just couldnā€™t remember the meanings without the book. Either way that fell to the wayside so I decided to dig them out this weekend.

I took and smoke cleansed each individual rune and then consecrated them with blessing oil on my hands while naming them. Then this morning I did a three rune cast as it says in the videos on site and this is what I got:

I asked if I should stay with my home health company and I think, the operative word being think, that itā€™s encouraging me to grow by sharing my wisdom and speaking my needs.

I then pulled a single rune for the day which Iā€™m gonna start doing every day and got Algiz in the merkstave position ā€¦ so someone or something is hinky. Iā€™ll have to investigate that.

But thatā€™s what I did for my challenge this week, hope everyone enjoyed and thanks @BryWisteria for making me grow once again!

11 Likes

Way cool collection. I have a question about the Shapeshifters deck. Are they holographic or does the picture change on the card? Just curious. You have a lot of decks I am adding to my wish list like @Susurrus :wink:
:butterfly:

12 Likes

Oh I love this! Pretty bark with lichens!!!

Yay for the first rune :raised_hands:t4:, looking forward to seeing more of them. Something so rewarding and magical about making your own tools.

And then I scroll down and see

your other submission! I really love the grain of wood on these, so very pretty!

Proud of you for your creativity! Great job! I hope your sets bring you joy and insight :heart:

10 Likes