♨ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Energy Work

I have never been able to get my science teachers words out of my head, "The matter that’s here on earth is all that will ever be here, no more no less.

So then that makes me think that our ‘spiritual matter’ stays somewhere around here after our body goes back to the earth through death. So I’m believing in reincarnation of our spirits but I don’t know where they hang out until they get a new ‘body’?? I’m still trying to figure it out!!

What does E=mc2 mean?

E = mc2. It’s the world’s most famous equation, but what does it really mean? " Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared ." On the most basic level, the equation says that energy and mass (matter) are interchangeable; they are different forms of the same thing.
Information from www.pbs.org/einstein

Does this mean that our spirit energy is interchangeable with our physical energy? and vice versa? Do we turn into a rock or a bird?

What’s your opinion on this?
:butterfly:

14 Likes

I hope you don’t mind that I rehomed your question from a challenge entry into the main challenge thread- you’ve got some great thoughts about energy here and I think they are a real gem in the main discussion! :gem::sparkles:

You went deep here @Sarafeena_Sage (I love it!) :grinning: As someone who does believe in reincarnation, the theory that our life energy returns to the cycle (as opposed to being snuffed out and destroyed/disappearing) resonates with me too.

But I’d be hesitant to limit the realm of where energy can be to just what we can see from our physical bodies. Perhaps there are other realms (either non-physical and non-visible, except when during Astral Travel) or other worlds or other galaxies- the universe we live in is certainly much vaster than we are aware of! :milky_way: :blush:

Energy isn’t bound to the same rules and restrictions that our physical bodies are. And math and science, while both powerful tools for explaining the immediate world around us, are not all-explanatory. There are still things that they cannot explain just yet (and isn’t that exciting? There is still so much to explore and discover :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

These are really valuable things to explore and work out for oneself- keep on being curious and asking the deep questions, Sarall! the questions are the first step to finding the answers :star2:

Many blessings! :sparkles:

15 Likes

@Jem1 Hooray- I’m glad you like the theme, Jem! :grinning:

@TheMuslimWitch Those do sound like symptoms an Empath would deal with- I hope the Grounding Mindfulness Meditation helped you regain and stabilize your energy, Khadija! :pray: Have you looked into Empath Protection methods as well? It’s a good way to protect yourself from any negative energy from others :shield:

@Susurrus When it comes to energy, there really a lot of choices for working with it! I’m sure whatever you choose will be perfect- good luck and have fun, Siofra! :heart:

@Amethyst Thank you once again for such a great theme for a challenge, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Wow, it sounds to me like you are already very skilled with energy channeling! :clap: I think I’ve shared it somewhere here before, but have you ever looked into Tai Chi/Qi Gong methods for energy manipulation? There is a great basic move called the energy ball that may help you pick up some techniques for moving energy once you’ve gathered it:

@MeganB Looking forward to seeing what you’ll choose to do- have fun, Megan! :sparkling_heart:

@Rachel21 Agreed, there are certainly some people whose negative energy can be really draining to be around- I’ve heard them be called “Energy Vampires” before, the term fits! :vampire: :joy: And you said it perfectly- the doors of possibility are open wide when you believe in yourself :blush:

@Kasandra Weather, inflation, war, pandemic- unfortunately, there are a lot of topics in the news that can bring down the mood these days :sweat: I think a Waning Moon spell to remove bad energy is a great choice- wishing you all the best with your spellwork, Kasandra! :raised_hands:

@Martje It sounds like you had a long and tough journey to master your energy and prevent the energy of others to drag you down- good for you for how far you’ve come, Martje! :clap::heart: Thank you for sharing your thoughts on energy and how you use it- it sounds like you have a real talent for reading the aura colors around you! :rainbow: :blush:

@Ostara I’m so sorry your workplace has such bad energy- good for you for learning how to tune it out. You could always discreetly draw a protection circle in the air before you sit down and begin for the day. I’m sure every little thing can help to protect your own energy- stay strong, Ostara! :heart:

@Janae_Rochele Congrats on your first cord-cutting spell- I hope it is a big help for the issues you are dealing with! Good luck and let us know how it goes :blush:

@Jessica72 That’s a lovely passage- I really like spellwork that involves bare feet on the earth, it’s one of the strongest (and quickest) methods of grounding that works for me :national_park: Thanks so much for sharing it! Wishing you all the best as you continue to develop your grounding techniques :two_hearts:

18 Likes

Im sorty to hrar that your having to work in that sort of environmement. Yes if if there is a bad or toxic energy in an environment it can be hard to spend all day in that sort of environmenent. I had a thought but ill have to look to see if i can find where i read it but i think id read about a crystal that can not only protect you from nehative energy but also changes the energy to positive. Ill see if i can find it and if i can ill let you know. I don’t know if it would help but maybe if your at your desk for a long time maybe something could help to maintain that circle during the day even if your having to concentrate on soing jobs during day it might ve hard to maintain a protective circle all day n concentrate on work . Bur that maybe just me but if i find anythung that could help like tgat crystal maybe having aomethung near you or on desk to help protect yourself from the negative or toxic energy ill ket you know. I don’t work behind a desk but i try carry some crystal jewelry in pocket at work even if have to take it off to work. I was thinking i mihht need to try something particular thats why that cryatal stuck out but with all had to do i hadnt had chance to fully look into it yet but i might just carry in my poxket as im all over building but you might find sonethibg like that might help you if your at your desk alot in day to help maintain a circle of protection or maybe a crystal that could even turn the negative or toxic energy into posutive energy. Msn im wishing i remembered which one it was i read about. Im wanting to do more work on my crystal grid rhis weekend so ill look over what i was looking at the other day n see if i camt find where i read it n ill let you knkw what i find. I dint kbiw it mat not be useful but knowing what its like ro work in negative of toxic energy environments its something ive thought of trying to find solutions to so if i can find it ill bw happy to share incase might help. Hope that its not too intense all the time cause that can really be draining. Im sorry its like that for you. I hope it can get better for you.

12 Likes

Love the idea of the qi gong and energy ball. I always looked at things like that and tai chi as moving energy around but i wasn’t sure if i was just taking my imagination to places imaging an energy ball when that wasnt what it was. Lol but glad to know thats actually a thing😊

13 Likes

Ok this wasnt what i had looked at but it might of been selenite read about, or could of been abother that did a similar thing but i thought id share this page i found when went to see if could find the crysyal id read bout as some of these may help having at work in the negative or toxic energy environment. Not sure if mighy helo but thought id share jusr incase i am going to save the page myself for my reference too. :blush:

https://hashtaglegend.com/beauty/wellness/5-powerful-crystals-for-battling-toxic-people-and-negative-energy/

13 Likes

Thanks for that, I hadn’t seen it! I’ve tried Tai Chi before but didn’t stick with it. Maybe this one will be the video that helps me! Thanks!

12 Likes

For my energy work I decided to do the magic armor spell to bring good luck and ward off negative energy. So I went, dug out an onion and went to work.

Finishing this spell I did feel quite relaxed and safe. It was a good feeling. Cozy.

17 Likes

Ooh, this is a huge subject, and definitely an interesting one! Even before getting into witchcraft or spirituality I was fascinated by physics, especially the idea that everything is energy in one form or another, and everything that ever happens is that cloud of energy changing form. Nothing ultimately gets created or destroyed, just transformed like @Sarafeena_Sage already nicely pointed out.

As to what to do for this challenge… I’ve had the feeling for quite some time that I’d like to become an energy healer, I could start by looking into the different options there are! :sparkles:

13 Likes

As @Garnet said, @rachel21 & @martje you may be highly sensitive or a type of Empath. As for which type, that’s something you would know by the different types & it may be more than one type that you identify with at the same time. I am an Empath, I know what it feels like to be around “Energy Vampires” or even toxic work environments. It’s very draining & very hard to keep your own energy from going down too. I can’t recommend the site enough for learning & working with Empathic gifts

Luna & Sol Empathic Gifts @ Loner Wolf I have used them for a long time & originally found it because I wanted to know what type of Empathic Gifts I had exactly because the sensitivity is REAL! :flushed:

There is also a spell in the forum by the lovely @SilverBear for Protection from Draining Energies @Ostara & @Phoenix_Fire. I used to make one up for myself & one for my daughter’s backpack :school_satchel: when she was in elementary school. She is highly sensitive but isn’t old enough to understand why or what yet… currently we are in the beginning stages of her learning about the craft.

@jessica72 I HAVE THAT BOOK!!! Actually, it was gifted to me by @Rowan, so I know that she has it too. I also have a couple of others, but I think maybe I will peek at that one again. :hugs: I am supposed to be working on grounding techniques & resetting when things get too overwhelming or I get just completely turned around. I have found that planting my feet on the floor during meditations or working in my garden or around the yard, really helps. I have also sat on my porch in the sun & just listened to the sounds of nature around my home & I’m learning to use my breathing to reset myself when I am in a car, store, or not able to do my thing at my home.

OOOHHH… so when I am outside & if I drift off somewhere, to bring myself back, I name whatever it is that is in front of me.

For instance: I was sitting in MY chair in the sun on the porch, but the way I looked my head was down…I was somewhere else but I realized I wasn’t present. So I named what was directly in my line of sight. Which at the time, happened to be one of my dogs. So I said, Moonshine is laying in the sun, I hear birds singing as they flutter around the yard, I see my grass turning greener & yellow mini daffodils coming up throughout the yard, I feel the breeze going through my hair & across my face, & I can smell the fresh air & grass clippings from the neighbor’s landscapers. It works to bring me back to the present & what is going on so I feel like I am present. Then I usually find something to do in the yard. Clean the rocks & leaves out of the flowers, pull weeds out of the flower area around the garden, rake around my oak tree & cleaning up the leaves & branches (we had a windstorm), work with my firepit & clean that area. Things of that nature.

@Amethyst, @MeganB, @BryWisteria thank you for the videos & experiences. I have learned something different with my hands but it’s to feel the energy from crystals. I have done the exercise of containing energy between my hands. I can do it for short amounts of time, but it’s still a new thing for me. I will say, that before 2020, probably when my daughter was a toddler. I used to get excited & my hands would form like a ball but I couldn’t put my hands together… my husband & his friend used to call it my ball of excitement or ball of excited energy.

@Janae_Rochele Yay for your first cord-cutting! Definitely let us know how it goes! :heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage I was thinking along these lines when I was looking through some things to incorporate for this week’s challenge. There are different energy layers that surround the physical body. I think our spirit energy though stays through the things that we connect with until a physical body is ready/available/it’s time… however you want to put it. I’m going to think on this a little more & come up with an opinion on what I know & can verify… I’m one of those… LOL :laughing:

I’m going to have to go back through & watch the videos & see what I can do with the exercises. I know I can build energy between my hands. I was doing it when the Bruins would win or when we would be doing or watching or waiting for something. Honestly, it was like I was holding an invisible ball & I couldn’t put my hands together until I let go of or released the ball.

16 Likes

Awww, that makes me smile :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m definitely familiar with the energy of excitement and I love sharing it! :relaxed:

13 Likes

@CelestiaMoon thank you! They would actually laugh at me, but it was something that helped me quite literally contain my excitement. It became a thing. One of them would see me doing it & say that I was getting excited & the bigger the ball the more they were like… Oh, she’s really excited better watch out for this one it’s big… being ya know, boys in men’s bodies. :rofl:

13 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage, honey, if you’re going toward astrophysics, I’ll start drooling, I promise!

I’m just writing ideas, not facts, don’t anybody get mad.

1. Your science teacher was full of ** :poop:**.
    Your energy, in my opinion is like your soul. You don’t want to leave it behind. I wouldn’t , would you? At the same time, when you send energy to those in need, are you then soothing their soul with yours?
    Now, that’s an interesting concept…and I’m not going there. :upside_down_face:
  • our spirit energy is interchangeable with our physical energy
    2. Since your spirit and physical inhabit the same body, I’d think…Yes
    And I truly believe if your are born human, you will be again, again etc. Let’s face it, I wouldn’t want to come back as navel lint, would you.

These were some fun abstract concepts. Thanks for shaking up this old girls mind, and making her put on her pink, pointed thinking hat.
(Witches hat, I’m a girly girl.)
I love you Sarall, you’re fun.
Blessed be
Garnet

14 Likes

In school, I daydreamed a lot. In 8th grade, my teacher was always mad because I daydreamed through his class. He asked me why once, and I just shrugged. (I didn’t dare tell him he was boring.)
“You never pay attention!”
“Yes, I do. I told him.”
“OK smarty, what was this lecture about?”
So I told him, almost word for word. It was about the epic poem ‘Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner?’ Yucky that was enough to make anybody daydream.
“Ok.” he said, blinked and went back to his blackboard.

See guys, multi-tasking isn’t new. And neither are jerks.
Blessings
Garnet
PS: He was about as interesting as :poop:! giggle, giggle.

15 Likes

@Garnet I have done the same types of things with people. I used to repeat things all the time because people thought that I was daydreaming all the time or not paying attention. When I was in my 3rd high school I wasn’t very… social… I would doodle & draw & come up with these elaborate & intricate drawings in my notebooks or around the edges… finally, one day when the teacher was upset that I wasn’t paying attention & asked me what she was talking about & I told her & then said, you don’t get on the honor roll because you don’t know what you’re doing. That was the last time the teacher said anything to me about doodling in class.

13 Likes

I have been having a little bad luck and my husband even asked who cursed me…geez but he’s a negative person Big Time and I might be getting his negativity and nevertheless I will probably think about cord cutting and ritual for bad luck…… so I will be busy. Since I am an Empath I am like a sponge

13 Likes

Thank you @Garnet for your opinion on this subject. I think you are a great person and I admire your opinions. I really enjoy reading your posts! You are very smart and funny :wink:

I will reply more when my brain is fully awake!

Thank you @BryWisteria for your response. I think there are other dimensions that we can’t see too. I am very interested in what other people think about this subject and what they believe.

You all are great! Many Blessings to all of you :rose:
:butterfly:

13 Likes

My dearest @Susurrus, were we sister in another life?
Always send +energy, it releases the pressure in your head and it helps the environment.
(OMG! )
I am so sorry, don’t know where that came from but I drank lots of coffee and I think I’m better.)
blessings, Garnet

12 Likes

Well, Miss [JollyStar](https://forum.spells8.com/u/JollySta,
I have one question for you…
Did you make that doily and if you did, may I have the pattern? It must have been a beast to starch and block.
It is so beautiful and your simple altar is too.
Blessings
Garnet

12 Likes

LadyFireCancerWitch
Aww, I’m so sorry he’s being difficult. Cord cutting sounds good.
Men! You can’t live with them and you can’t kill them. Where’s the justice???
Anyways, I’m kind of having a silly morning. Sorry if I offended.
Sending you strength and power.
Blessed be
Garnet

12 Likes