šŸ§¹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Everyday Magick

Magick In and Of the Mundane

My favorite magical phrase: it can be anything and everything! This challenge has made me really think about my Life we all only have 1 here on Earth :earth_americas:
(that we know of anywayā€™ lol)
And lately Iā€™ve been feeling like Iā€™ve been alive but not necessarily Living ā€˜
I know itā€™s sounds clichĆ©. I have really been going through it lately ā€˜ through all the dark clouds that have been completely weighed down with ice. Too not get too much into it, I found out that my boyfriend of 16 years ā€˜ had been talking to his boss at work (his Female boss) for 3 months. They both said that they only kissed twice and nothing more physically happened. But So much more than that has made me stop and rethink my whole life in general. My Intuition has been on point so much in the past year that I knew before he told me; but he chose the Day Before Christmas Eve to tell me the truthā€™ of all the days right.
Long Story Short : the Magick is everywhere you just have to find itā€™ and if you canā€™t see it then make it yourself.
I will never dismiss my Intuition againā€™ and I will never drift too far from my own boundaries that will take me away from my values; and that is True Magick!
Live Your True LiFe ā€˜ the most true is who you are inside and let the whole world see it!
I feel like I went deep within myself and turned Right Side Out Myself ! So Now Everyone Will see the True Me if they choose to.

My Magick will rumble inside me like storm clouds ā€˜ and it will overflow and pour onto this earth and the Magick I receive in return is Sacred because it is full of Unconditional Love and Understanding blessed By the Goddess Herself!
The Clouds will always be there either Horribly scary looking or beautifully fluffy:
We Thank the Day even if we
donā€™t see the Sun;
You know it Came Out Just for You :cupid:

16 Likes

Everyday magick includes (I know I will forget some)

• stirring my coffee clockwise to encourage positive energy
  • daily oracle & rune draw
  • a selenite wand with chakra stones & dangling clear quartz hanging from my rearview
  • a pouch in my bra with crystals including clear quartz & selenite
  • a domovoy at my entrance way for protection
  • a diffuser plus a plethora of essential oils in my bedroom
  • another diffuser in my living room
  • simmer pots
  • making fresh incense for use on charcoal
  • saving incense ash for other uses
  • cleansing showers with a variation of items that I use when needed.
    ā€“ lavender & oatmeal bodywash
    ā€“ bars of soap with crystals in them when needed
    ā€“ music
    ā€“ incense
    ā€“ candles
    ā€“ oatmeal facial scrub
  • journaling
  • watching birds come to & from my bird feeder
  • watching the way the moon comes through our trees and moves across the sky
  • watching the space before the actual sunrise being to show signs of light
  • when the moon & sun are still out together in the morning
  • the way sun or moon lights up my backyard & how it illumnates the trees, branches, grass, all of it.
  • talking to my crystals
  • planning my garden that we start refreshing about mid-March & slowly planting flowers & herbs & fruits & vegetables. I canā€™t wait, we do have to replace the greenhouse though. Branches do a number on the tops of them. Ahā€¦ New England weather at its finest
  • a rose quartz keychain
  • a black tourmaline keychain
  • right now a necklace with The High Priestess tarot card charm
    ā€“ I have a ton of jewelry to choose from, right now this card feels right
  • using my fireplace every day & my fire pit every day that I can to connect with Brighid when I am not in my sacred space.
    ā€“ I kind of am slowly taking over the fire pit area. I use it a lot more. I have a shepherdā€™s hook with a birdhouse & a pentacle chandelier with 5 little cauldrons for tealights hanging from each point by the small table with 2 chairs.
  • meditation
  • sigils in my food or air
  • visualization

I know thereā€™s more but thatā€™s what I can think of right now. I have a lot of time during the day when Iā€™m home alone. So it depends on the weekends or school vacations I canā€™t keep up with everything so they are kind of as needed right now. I but I do more than a few days either physically or mentally. Definitely, anything to do with the outside is as I can due to weather right now.

18 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge ā€“ Everyday Magic

I have started making a small daily routine, so every day will be magical. :mage:
I start out my day by:
:dizzy: making my tea or coffee for the morning
:pentacle_tarot: While the tea is steeping, I go and check what color the candle is for the day. Today is Sunday and it is Yellow.
:crystal_ball: The crystals for the day ore Amber and Tigerā€™s Eye. I carry the crystals with me throughout the day and evening.
:tarot_card: next I shuffle my Archangel Oracle Cards, choose one, and see what they have to say to me for the day.
:candle: Then I light my candle
:pray: Then I say the Wiccan Daily Blessing from Spells8, then enjoy my Tea.
:astrology_moon: In the evening, I light a white candle and thank the Lord and Lady for surrounding me in their Love and Guidance today.

Plus I try to every day when I can, post a Tarot Card to Daily Oracle Draws, also I do lights candles in the evenings on a window sill and dining room table, and living room. From my living room, I can see all the candles that I have lit, so they are safe from lightening the house on fire.

As I grow as a witch and in magic, I will add more things into my daily life, as I am able. :mage: :dizzy:

My morning Altar

15 Likes

I love this! Itā€™s been my focus lately on being more intentional with my magick.

In my morning coffee I put cinnamon and stir it clockwise while stating my intention for the day.

I also put a crystal or two in my pocket and pull a daily tarot card.

13 Likes

Oh, noes! Hopefully, youā€™ll find something that suits you and your needs. Sending you love and light for this.

11 Likes

@MeganB @janis @BryWisteria Thank you all for your lovely compliments. I do love them. Um to answer your questions in all honesty it was a little at random that I chose the ones I did. But I used the resources available on the Spells8 website about the crystals for each day of the week and gave myself a little ā€œto choose fromā€ list and then it was kind of what is easily available at my local crystal store. I just usually keep them in my trouser pocket. As Iā€™m at work 6:30 in the am to 6:30 in the pm Mon-Fri so my uniform for work is plain black trousers and my uniform polo so they are safe in my pocket. I keep my emotional healing crystals with me every day in a certain ladies supportive clothing item. But I have learnt my lesson in making sure that all have been safely placed in the dish in the bathroom counter before getting in the shower. It was getting rather expensive replacing broken tumbles.

@MeganB You have totally inspired me with your mention of spoons to pull my finger out and re-organise my Lupie spoon cutlery drawer. Itā€™s a total mess and been neglected. - Metaphorically speaking. I have heard the concept of spoons but I havenā€™t ever been bothered to embrace it properly. Which I really think that I should. With working so much and mum being a little incapacitated at home post hamstring surgery I think that I would need a level up on my spoon allowance. There just isnā€™t enough spoons in the day lol. But it really is a good idea. I have been burning the candle at both ends the last few weeks between home and work (ha ha boom boom) and Iā€™m of the pooped-ness.

11 Likes

How you added to or explored magick in your everyday life this week?

For the past seven days, I have done about four spells each within my range of beginning witchcraft. I have done A spell to help build my relationship with someone I truly care about, I have done the snow moon ritual and have asked the higher gods and goddesses to help give me courage and wisdom. I have done a sage cleansing spell to help rid of negative energy and bring positive energy in.
I do this every night when I am alone. It is best to not be distracted because I donā€™t wa t to mess up the spell
I am still learning but everything I am learning is from here or my witch friends. I take great pride in my craft. I enjoy it and by doing magic it has changed my life. Thank you for allowing me the ability to progress and grow as the witch I was meant to be.

15 Likes

Iā€™ve been feeling really depressed lately because of not being able to find a home for myself. However, my happiness comes from having joy with my fur baby. My dog. Sheā€™s been amazing. My inner happiness is searching for peace. Im trying.
I wish I could do more but all I have are cabdkes and my books. Funding is hard to come by right now.
I thank you all for allowing me to share this with you because magic does make me happy.

13 Likes

This is amazing! Can I add this to my BOS?

12 Likes

Iā€™m glad that you have your pup because they know when weā€™re sad and can always pick us up. The last week, I havenā€™t been able to find my kitty, Buttons. I did a couple different spells and Iā€™m worried about the worst. She always comes home. I just got her a couple months ago and she likes the outdoors, I canā€™t refuse her that. But I havenā€™t seen her in so long. Itā€™s a burning feeling at the pit of your stomach. I just have to keep faith because cats do this.

11 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: February 22nd, 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Blessed be! :broom::sparkles:

10 Likes

Iā€™m blushing :blush:. I would be honoured. :bowing_woman:t3:

10 Likes

Of course! Iā€™m glad you like it enough to keep it!

10 Likes

My Challenge Entry
Although Iā€™ve been a witch for almost 2 years now,I have too admit Iā€™ve never had a daily practice until a few months ago.When I wake up the first thing I do is, say good morning to me deities.I then meditate and pull a tarot card for the day.When I wash my face I also imagine washing off insecurity and then when I moisturize,I say self-love affirmations.
Blessed Be

11 Likes

Ahh, that definitely helps then :sweat_smile: In any case, Iā€™m happy to provide some inspiration wherever others find it :heart:

I probably could lol but honestly, thatā€™s too early in the morning for me to bother :woman_shrugging:t3: I might make a little routine out of a nightly cup of tea and have a chant with that. Maybe one day!

Oh no, Jeannie! Thatā€™s horrible news :scream: Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re having to deal with that. 60 days is not enough time, in my opinion. Iā€™m hoping you can find something quickly thatā€™s within your budget and fits what you need!

Iā€™m always wanting my routine to be better lol but youā€™re right, something usually develops over time. My routine nowadays just depends on what my day looks like. Iā€™ve been trying to squeeze meditation in at least first thing in the morning after my fiancĆ© gets out the door for work and before my daughter wakes up for the day. Itā€™s about one of my only times of quiet!

I can relate to that feeling, Steph. And Iā€™m sorry youā€™ve been going through a rough time. Iā€™m hopeful for you that itā€™ll all work out the way it needs to :pray:t3: and like you said, youā€™ve got the backing of your Gods!

I need to know where you got this lol that sounds so cute! And definitely something I need to have, too :partying_face:

Thatā€™s a good way to do it, in my opinion! Better to add things slowly rather than too much all at once! Also, I love your altar space :heart:

Ohhh, I havenā€™t put cinnamon in my coffee in a long time! I used to make it in the French press with cinnamon, turmeric, and a pinch of salt. I need to start doing that again. Thanks for the reminder!

Thatā€™s just as valid as having each one picked for a reason, I think! I like that you carry them around with you during the day to work with as you need to. And I have definitely learned that lesson, too :laughing: if Iā€™m going to carry a crystal around, I need to check all of my ā€œpocketsā€ :bikini: before taking a shower!

Iā€™m also a big fan of the spoon theory, though I think it was originally developed for the physically disabled rather than mentally ill. I find, though, that it works just the same :woman_shrugging:t3:

Weā€™re so happy to have you here! Iā€™m glad to know that youā€™re finding your way, whatever it looks like for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m sorry to hear of the struggles youā€™re going through, though :pray:t3: itā€™s nice to have a companion by your side and a support system here with friends!

Ehh a daily practice is relative to the person :woman_shrugging:t3: Iā€™m a bigger fan of having a consistent practice rather than a daily one. If itā€™s important to you, then it works! I like the idea of saying affirmations and washing away insecurity while washing your face. Thatā€™s perfect!

12 Likes

Thank you @MeganB I feel better than I was for a little while, got into my head, and was doubting myself a little. When you hear works as you said ā€œadding things slowly rather than too much all at onceā€, is better. Thank you for liking my Altar, itā€™s small and I do hope to make it a little bigger and better.

11 Likes

The sppon theory really is a great idea. I had no clue about it until i got my Lupus diagnosis and was having a looky-loo on Pinterest for Lupus memes (side noteā€¦ how does one actually pronounce thatā€¦ it ā€œmeeemeā€ with the emphasis on the e, ā€œmemmmeā€ with the emphasis on the m or is it the Jess-ism and thought it was a ā€œmeh-mehā€?

13 Likes

I was so happy that @MeganB knew about spoons :spoon: :spoon: :spoon:! Iā€™m a spoonie too. I have a Spoonie Strong pin in my car clipped to the ceiling liner.

I got the pentacle :pentacle_tarot: chandelier from my husband. He made it for me at work as a birthday present last year. Along with an athame that I actually use for the Morrigan. I use the Selenite athame for everything else.

11 Likes

@debra2 ā€“ Iā€™m glad youā€™re feeling better about it :people_hugging:

@jessica72 ā€“ Yes, Spoon Theory is very helpful! And I pronounce it ā€œME-mā€ā€¦rhymes with stream :laughing:

@Susurrus ā€“ Spoonies unite! :spoon: Your husband sounds like a keeper for sure lol thatā€™s an awesome gift!

11 Likes

There are several ways that I incorporate magick into my everyday routines. Iā€™ve mentioned on other posts about my coffee routine (stirring clockwise with a cinnamon stick while saying my affirmations). I also do simmer pots on the weekends when I do my cleaning. Depending on the season and what I feel the energy of our RV needs will dictate what goes into the pot. I bring it to a simmer and keep it going through the day while I clean. I make my own cleaners using vinegar and water and will often replace tap water with moon water when making a new batch.

I have a bonsai tree (to bring balance, simplicity and harmony into my home) and flowers on the bar across from my door. The flowers change with the season and my mood. Currently all my herbs and succulents are also inside while it is cold. I talk to them during the work day as they are right by my desk. :slight_smile:

I also keep an obsidian dragon and a rainbow fluorite Venus Statue on my desk. Obsidian brings balance, creativity, and clarity to my days. And heā€™s cute (I think he was modeled after Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon). Aphrodite insisted I get the carved beauty. Rainbow fluorite was the perfect material because it supports you during work to reduce stress and improves mental clarity and concentration. She also wanted it because it helps promote self-confidence which is something she is helping me with. The Venus Statue itself is found throughout many cultures but has not been well studied. The best interpretation I have come across is by Helen Benigni in The Emergence of the Goddess:

These Venus figurines are indicative of what Jung and Neumann see as the primordial or primeval, non-derivative expression of the idea of the feminine as sacred.

I have witch bells on my door to ward off evil/ negativity. I have different sets and change them out with the season. Iā€™m working on creating my spring set to replace this winter set next month on Ostara.

Lastly, I always wear my smoky quartz to keep me grounded as an empath. I always have a handful of additional crystals in my pocket on any given day depending on what I am pulled towards or what I want to achieve. Today I have amethyst, lapis lazuli, carnelian, and emerald.

12 Likes