🧚 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Fairies & Fae

CHALLENGE ENTRY
All I knew about fairies/fae was what I saw on TV/movies and read in books…Fairytales
I wasn’t sure what I would do with this challenge, so I decided to just do research. I looked at the links above.

I had no idea there were different types of fairies and that they are different in different cultures and regions.
I learned that you don’t say thank you or I’m sorry.
Don’t take gifts because there are strings attached.
Don’t tell them your name or they will be able to control them.
Give them offerings, food, drinks, honey, alcohol, shiny things.
Above all else treat them with deep respect.
Some of the things I learned were a little “scary” so to speak. Like you have to tip toe around them. I’m sure it can be very rewarding though!

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge, thoughts, experiences and pictures!

14 Likes

Susurrus,

Blockquote

Same here my neighbor is a really great gardener and she said she helps me with some plants that I should prepare for.
It’s good to help neighbors, once I got a bunch of dirt and put them in the planter boxes and thought it would be okay for just putting the soil in the ground. Lesson learned it’s really important to have good soil but when someone really wants there needs meet they will do just about anything to get what they want. Know I need to move all the dirt out of the planter box. I was trying to do a good deed and shot myself in the foot doing it!
We got a bunch of twigs and filled the planters and that worked very well. See my planter boxes are like 5 feet high going around the house so I’m not sure what’s next to get the garden going again . My plants died cause it was bad soil.

I did the same thing too!:fairy:t3:

I know you’re a busy bee :honeybee: like me! That’s good you are able to bless others! It’s nice that we have each other! My neighbor gave me some sage and has really great food for the plants :potted_plant: I am not that ambitious!
Jeannie

13 Likes

These are two of my favorite books :books: :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

I have loved the fae since i was a small child and as a teenager i wished I was a fairy. I decided ro dig out my book on Fairy Charms from Ted Andrews. It is a part of a magic / pagan set of booos for young people. Faerie Charms by Ted Andrews | Goodreads
It was fun to read about unicorns. How ro encounter the fae.
My favorite was talking about working with pine cones, and connecting to the pine spirit. There is giant pine behind my apartment. That I love. Thank you for reigniting my love and connection to the Fae! And I finally posted for a challenge!,
!

15 Likes

@marsha I think that sounds like a marvelous idea! Please let us know when you discover their names :woman_fairy: I bet they’re beautiful names. I only have two that like to come in from outside. I think they’re what we might consider to be ambassadors for the group that I’ve seen outside. They come in and go out :blush:

14 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

To all those enchanted, enamored, and enthusiastic about fairies- thank you so much for joining in to explore the world of the Other alongside your Coven this week! It’s been a fantastic journey through the entries around fairies, Fae, and other fair folk. For all of the wisdom, magick, lore, and more shared- well done and thank you! :heart::woman_fairy:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :fairy: :sparkles:

13 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

→ Award Post for the Fairies Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

13 Likes

@Jeannie1 the other day I went into my neighbors backyard, they are summer residents. I picked up as many of the branches that had fallen as I could & put them in their fire pit then covered it with the screen they have. The large ones I dragged into my yard & tossed them in our fire pit. It’s much larger than their’s & built into our yard. It is large enough to contain a full size pallet :rofl:

14 Likes

I didn’t have the time or energy to post an entry this week – I got sick…lol – but I have enjoyed reading everyone’s entries! :heart: This will be one I revisit when the next catch-up challenge comes around!

16 Likes

Oh my goodness! I love that you watched her videos and found them informative. And that’s so neat about your mushroom excursion. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

14 Likes

Thank you, Missa :hugs: I’m doing alright - getting there!

14 Likes

Welcome! :hugs: So glad you’ve joined us :heart::blush: This is a great place for discovery and growth :pray::heart::sparkles: Everyone is so supportive and will offer guidance :pray: :blush: Make yourself at home :house_with_garden: I look forward to getting to know you and learning alongside you :heart: :blush: :people_hugging:

13 Likes

welcome to our company! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit Activities to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (And if you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)