šŸŒ» Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Flower Power

Loved reading everyoneā€™s entries. Hoped I might be able to sneak one in this morning as sometimes I have time depending on the deadline and time conversion but Iā€™ll add this to my list for the catch up challenge!

9 Likes

@LadyDennaRahl Happy planting season, Charlaine! It sounds like you have some lovely flowers to grow for your apothecary- may your gardens thrive this year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much for sharing your essential oil extraction process, that is quite a gift! :pray::heart:

@Artemisia Thank you again for sharing your beautiful flower work in the other discussion, Kat- it was so lovely to see! :art: :sparkles: And Iā€™m in awe of your hellebores- they are stunning now and I know they will become even more beautiful in your pressed arrangements! :two_hearts:

@Christina4 Sorry to hear that, Christina- I know itā€™s tough when the things you want are all packed up in storage! I hope the home renovations are going well and that youā€™ll have access to all of your things again soon :blush: It sounds like you had a lovely time working in your gardens- great job, and may all your plants thrive this year! :heart::seedling:

@Susurrus You took an icky situation and turned it into a learning experience, good for you Siofra! :raised_hands: I hope your tooth pain has gone away and that you are feeling better :pray: Thank you for sharing your wisdom about cloves!

@Amber.8 You have a wonderful lavender collection, Amber- it is such a beneficial flower for so many reasons, and Iā€™m glad it has helped you so much that it has become a favorite plant of yours! :purple_heart: Thank you for sharing your wisdom and also for the lovely meditation- it sounds like a very relaxing one :blush:

@Satu_TheGreenWitch Your apothecary is so beautiful, Satu- it looks so organized and has such a lovely aesthetic! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good for you for taking the tough situation of the pandemic and turning it into a time of enjoyment- your ā€œpandemic modelsā€ are gorgeous. I wish I could shrink down and visit each of the magical places youā€™ve crafted- they are all so lovely :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for sharing them, and also for your wisdom about Lilacs! :purple_heart:

@Kasandra Well done crafting your Water of Notre Dame, Kasandra! :clap: And wow, such a lovely chant to go with it :blush: I really like the ā€œlike a very busy beeā€ line- it makes me think of bees buzzing about on the first blossoms of spring :honeybee: Great job, thanks for sharing!

@Torista Temperature swings, especially when you live in a region on the edge of growing zones, can be very tough as a gardener- I feel you, Torista. I hope some of your plants can hang in there and survive the fluctuations in temperature! :pray: And thatā€™s lovely that you found Morning Glories- they are such a happy flower, and a good reward for waking up early :blush: Thanks for sharing!

@Sophie2Wands Apologies, Sophie- we are out of time for this challenge, but no worries! There will be a brand new challenge coming tomorrow (Wednesday), and this challenge (along with all previous challenges) will be ā€œopenā€ again during Catch-Up weeks- thereā€™s one coming not too far away! :raised_hands:

@Jem1 Way to draw on the equinox and combine it with your flower magick, Jem- that is such a creative idea! :sun_with_face: Beautifully done, may your lovely flowers continue to brighten up your space and make you smile throughout the day :blossom::blush:

@Amethyst There will never be too many tea chants and spells in the world- each one is a welcome blessing in my book :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And this one is so beautiful! As expected of the talented Amethyst :heart: I love how you incorpated a fun rhyme in there too- itā€™s so fun to say. Great job, thank you for sharing!

@Ostara Happy spring, Ostara- this is your time of year! :seedling::blush: And goodness I canā€™t imagine gardening with surprise snakes getting in the way, Iā€™m sure that keeps things exciting for you! :snake: Well done with your gardening- may all your plants thrive this year! :green_heart:

@mary25 Beautiful exploration of a lovely flower- thank you for sharing your wisdom about Irises, Mary! I can tell this flower is particularly special for you and it seems like your bond with Irises got even stronger the more you learned about them :blush: With so much magick about them, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to find many ways to incorporate them in future spellwork- Iā€™m cheering for you! :purple_heart:

@Marsha The very first few flowers have the toughest time- the few ones we have popping up around here are struggling too. But the weather is getting warmer, and hopefully the brave first blossoms will pay off by being the very first blossoms of spring! :blossom: Beautiful altar setup, Marsha- everything looks so lovely! Thank you for sharing, and wishing you a blessed start to spring :heart:

@Jessica72 The sprouts are coming up fast- they must be really happy with you, Jessica! :heart_eyes: May the sunflowers and rainbow continue for you- it sounds magickal to experience :rainbow: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Silverbear It sounds like the first day of spring was welcomed in with some gorgeous weather- and no worries, Iā€™m sure the first flowers wonā€™t be long! I hope they start to pop up for you very soon :blossom::blush: Calendula oil is so nice- and thatā€™s actually a great reminder because mine is just about up. I go through it so quickly haha! Beautiful flower work, Silverbear- thank you so much for sharing :heart:

@Athena Beautiful work with chamonile, Athena- your research led you to a truly lovely flower! Chamomile is a delight in magick and herbal medicine too, it is one of my favorite evening teas. Very soothing for both the mind and the body :relaxed: Iā€™m so happy you enjoyed the challenge, Athena, thank you very much for joining in! :blossom:

@Mistella Hooray for a trip to the nursery- it sounds like you found some amazing new flowers to add to your gardens, Mistella! :star_struck: And beautiful crafting too, goodness you are so talented with all of the flower products you make! Everything looks so lovely, thank you so much for sharing! :tulip::candle:

@Debra2 Your plants are gorgeous, Debra- and itā€™s clear that they thrive on your love and care! They are very blessed to be with someone who treasures them as much as you do and it shows in how lovely they are :hibiscus: Is that an Oxalis (purple shamrock/purple butterfly) I see? That is one of my favorite plants, but not one that I see very often- I love how the leaves look like little purple butterflies fluttering about :butterfly: Seeing your plants makes me smile- thank you so much for sharing them!

@Sarafeena_Sage I love the idea of using Valetineā€™s Day flowers in a spell jar- your spell jar will carry all the love and treasured memories of the pretty blossoms :rose: And you got a Gaia statue too, wow! Heā€™s a keeper :grin: :+1: Thank you for sharing the info on tulips- they have so many pretty names and properties! :tulip: And hello to your lovely flowers, may they all thrive this season :blush: Thanks so sharing, Sarall!

@Jeannie1 I love how you incorporated flowers into your banishing spell, Jeannie. It can be easy to get caught up in negative emotions during banishing spells and the very nature of banishment is to be rid of negative things. Adding the flowers adds a touch of beauty and reminder of the positivty- the end result of the spellwork :rose:. Really beautiful work and heartfelt affirmations, say them proudly and know the truth of them- you are one amazing person! :raised_hands: Beautiful work, Jeannie- thank you for sharing!

@IrisW Sorry, Iris- I know itā€™s tricky with the time differences! :pray: I know flowers are a big part of your practice (itā€™s in your magickal name! :blue_heart: ) so I hope youā€™ll jump back into this theme for the next Catch-Up, itā€™s not too far away!

Thank you again to everyone for joining in or simply coming by to cheer on and enjoy the entries of coven members- youā€™re appreciated! :sunflower:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live and badges have been sent out to everyone who entered the challenge. Thanks again, and cheers to the Anthophile Witches of the forum! :hibiscus: :blossom::cherry_blossom:

16 Likes

@Jeannie this was beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

11 Likes

@Jeannie1 I am truly in awe of your heartfelt affirmations and what you are releasing. You are definitely a being of light and love ā€¦ and you are enough. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Thank you, my dear! Iā€™m glad it made the cut!

9 Likes

Chapel Hill, NC? Oh gosh thatā€™s not too far from me! I will have to look into it!

7 Likes

Oh my! Your candles are enviously gorgeous! I would love to own one of two. You did an amazing job and they are beautiful! Iā€™m admittedly biased as purple is my favorite color.

I love making things and have not tried my hand at making candles yet. Your creations are inspiring! :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing your truth with us @Jeannie1; you are an inspiration! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @Artemisia; give candle-making a try! Itā€™s relatively easy and great for your craftwork! You can pack it full of your magick :mage:

9 Likes

Thank you @jessica72, they are pretty easy to make and therapeutic as well. Iā€™ll take some therapy anywhere I can get it :joy: :magic_wand:

9 Likes

Thank you @Amber.8 , they are fun and relaxing to make! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Sorry @Artemisia itā€™s Chappell Hill Texas.

9 Likes

Hi Debra! What is the first pictured flower? I have to bush like plants at the front door that were pre-planted and the flowers blooming from it look just like this!

10 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!

10 Likes

Thank you @robin77 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Those are beautiful!!!

10 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1 . I like your banishment spell. It always feels good to let go of that nasty negativity!
:pentagram: Bless Be Lovely Witch :wink:

10 Likes

@TheTravelWitch it worked while I needed it to, I will say that I also took some ibuprofen for it the second day because I had bit down on something I didnā€™t realize was soā€¦ crunchyā€¦ which surprisingly could be a potato chip at this point. I donā€™t know that itā€™s meant for long term use, so I have a call into my dentist about the tooth. :hugs:

9 Likes

Yes, it is @BryWisteria itā€™s a purple shamrock/purple butterfly, my daughter-in-law gave me this for my birthday in November.

@robin77 this plant is called a Hibiscus plant, red in color and grows faster than the yellow blooms.

9 Likes

I thought it was but wasnā€™t sure! So glad you told me! Thank you! I love them - their blooms are so big. Iā€™m definitely going to look into how to take care of them

11 Likes