đŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

It’s beautiful! I love the colors :blush:

12 Likes

Happy Monday, everyone! I love this challenge!
I’ve needed to sit down and commit time to create protection witch bells for my son and his girlfriend’s home. I started by asking them their favorite color; pastel blue and light forest green was the response. Now I think I’ll have to get creative with this since the colors don’t mesh well in my head unless it’s flowers. But off to the store, I went for ribbon colors and some odds and ends. A few months back, I had made some witch bells and still had some items left over. I wrapped the ribbons until it felt like I had the right combo and swaddled their colors in black for protection. I added the charms, a shooting star for my son and the globe for his travels, a witch hat and pentacle for his girlfriend, various others, and two tiny bottles of salt sealed with black wax. Bells and a braided chain of their colors suspending a spell jar with ingredients including salt, clover, and vervain. Cinnamon, catnip (for their three kitties), lavender, calendula, bay leaf with a message, dill, clear quartz, tourmaline, obsidian, amethyst, and citrine. I wrote a home protection chant with the listed ingredients and saged and sealed the jar. I added an obsidian stone in a mesh bag to top it off. I think they will love it! The last photo is of the bells I made for myself. They hang in the entrance of my witch’s den I ring when I come and go.
Thank you for the wonderful challenge this week!

Bleesed be! :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

24 Likes

Oh wow, Mistella. I love this! It is so beautiful :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Handcrafting challenge.

Hi All, I am not crafty either, but this is what I did
 I created a poppet and decided to do a sigil after I ‘sewed’ it, (yup I drew it on, cuz that’s how I roll :laughing: ) and filled it with herbs that went with my intention + sigil. I am quite sure the pattern is really a gingerbread pattern, but I do like that style. (I hope the pix shows).

17 Likes

The rest of my submission for - Handcrafting

Ok I didn’t expect the herbs to be dried in time
 but they were! 6 bundles of rosemary, lemon balm, thyme, and sage with some marigold blossoms for color.

Also had some extra time and energy and made two more deck bags.
First one:

And the second one:

Really enjoyed this challenge and making new things for my practice!

23 Likes

Challenge Entry - Handcrafting

I have been meaning to make this for a few days, but the weekend was different & my afternoon got interrupted by a teenage girl that isn’t happy with me today. Ah, it starts
 so once I was finished with a few things around the house, I set up my altar & got my yellow roller bottle, grapeseed oil, & bergamot essential oil to make my Solar Plexus Chakra oil. I put the bergamot in first then with a dropper I added the rest with grapeseed oil.

Then I took out the other two bottles that I had made for the Root Chakra & the Sacral Chakra. I lit a white candle :candle: for positive energy & healing then I took the rollers out of each bottle & placed them each on a small shell with the cover to the bottle behind each shell so I knew which roller went to the bottles. :flushed:

I had a chakra stone bracelet that had broken :cry: It was made of crystal chips, so I took one red from my root chakra stones (garnet), then one orange from the sacral chakra stones (carnelian), & one of the yellow stones (citrine) from the solar plexus chakra & dropped them in their corresponding roller bottles.

I placed each bottle on my altar in line with the candle & placed a larger chakra stone next to each corresponding bottle while the candle burns to completion. Then I will flip the bottles & let them sit before I give them each a shake & flip them again for the evening.

I use them for a couple of things. I use the roller bottle on physical areas of the body the chakra represents, I put them on my hands & rub my hands together before a chakra cleanse meditation or working with a particular chakra. I will wear it on my neck or chest for the day when I am working with a chakra also.

24 Likes

Thank you @MeganB they are fun to make :heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge- Handcrafting

My sewing machine was still out from some repair work I did so I decided to sew some pentacles for my altar. I made one before on red fabric with white ribbon and it turned out so good I wanted to make more in other colors.

I had these done in a couple of hours so I started on another project on my list but it is not finished but I took a pic of it anyway. Its a triangle shelf for my crystals. I got the idea from youtuber Alwyn Oak. When its finished it will be painted and decorated with moss and some twigs.

Finally, I finished a bench that I made for the Fae. I’m not sure if I’m going to keep this one or give it to my niece. Her birthday is next month.

This was an awesome challenge! I’m really not surprised that so many members participated with AWESOME crafts! Everyone did wonderful work :clap: So Cool!
:butterfly:

20 Likes

I love all of the entries so far & ironically enough, yesterday I had to make my way to the basement & get out my Cricut to make a vinyl sticker for a friend’s car. Her grandson arrived Sunday & she asked me to make a sticker for her back window. So that will be fun! Although, had I been thinking I could have made something for my practice with my Cricut too :laughing:

Everyone is doing such a great job with their handcrafting entries!

11 Likes

Gorgeous wreath!

10 Likes

I added the picture of my wand to my first post. :slight_smile:
I have also been inspired to craft a bag for my cards. I am going to add some beads to the crocheted bag (I hope, I have never done that before). I am also going to enchant it as I go - will see what comes to me :slight_smile:

16 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

So many exciting projects! So many beautiful crafts! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much to everyone who shared their talents this week- I’ll be tallying up entries and will be sending out badges to all entrants soon! :sparkles:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :heart_hands: :sparkles:

11 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose that was a lovely wand & crafting a bag for your cards is a great idea! I really need to find some projects to make use of some of this yarn I have hanging out in my house. I kind of ran out of things or people to make things for
 plus I don’t know that my hands will be able to keep up anymore :laughing: I think I am going to try something simple though, thank you for the inspiration to see what I can do for my practice!

11 Likes

@Susurrus thank you :slight_smile: I do find my hands like the crochet hook far more than the knitting needles as I get older.
I am trying a variation of the bag below that I found online. I don’t have a pattern. First time without a pattern. Exciting and invigorating and thought provoking. Probably time consuming too as I will likely have to redo it a few hundred times! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

16 Likes

It looks lovely! Great job! I will see if I can find a way to start it again, just will have to start slow :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Don’t mind me just slowly making my way through responding to entries! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Martje That mandala is gorgeous! :star_struck: You chose such warm and comforting colors- it feels like a hug looking at it :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

@Crystal5 Your Goddess figure is so beautiful and I love your collection of charms :sparkles: As for who the Goddess of Creativity is, I believe any Goddess associated with creation (and many of them are!) could be considered a deity of creativity :blush:

@Artemisia You were crafting and learning at the same time, and all that you learned will help you with future projects! Congrats on your beautiful deck bag- I love all the details and how you used the different fabrics!

@WitchOfTheForest You’ve stolen my breath away with all of your beautiful masterpieces- goodness, Elisa, you are one talented witch! :woman_mage: :sparkling_heart: Thank you so much for sharing all your crafts- each one of those is amazing to see. I especially love how you’ve incorporated elements of nature and the forest into your pieces :deciduous_tree: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs You’re a master at potions and healing blends and it looks like you’ve unlocked yet another talent- look at you go with your painting! :heart_eyes: No need to compare to Bob Ross- these are special because they are yours :heart: I think you have a knack for colors and making things pop, which is really fun and lively :art::blush: Great work and thanks for sharing!

@Amethyst I want to give you extra props for overcoming any unfortunate past experiences with crafts and giving this challenge a try despite your hesitation about the theme- you’re amazing, Amethyst! :people_hugging: :two_hearts: Like Crystal said, floral arrangements and decorations are absolutely areas of artistic pursuit- some people go to school for years for ikebana and interior decoration! It looks like you’ve got a natural knack for it- everything looks so lovely, and perfect for the coming Sabbat! :sunflower: Beautiful work, Amethyst. I hope everytime you see a bright sunflower in your space that it makes you smile :sun_with_face:

@amy58 Amy, those are lovely! :sparkles: A set of earrings and a necklace to match- may I ask what beads you chose to use? I really like that nice deep color- is it a type of stone or crystal, or another type of bead? :star_struck: Thank you so much for sharing them!

@AileyGrey You found the yarn and ribbon right when you needed it- I think the Universe wants you to keep on crafting, Ailey! :grinning: The hanging moon display you made is beautiful- the golden ribbons flowing down make me think of moonlight falling from the heavens :crescent_moon: :sparkles: So lovely! :heart:

@Jessica72 Look at that mirror! :heart_eyes: The mirror on its own is gorgeous, but paired with those affirmations and the ability to reflect love and positivity is really something else- this is amazing, Jessica! May your beautiful new mirror serve you well and always help you see the beauty and strength you have within :heart::mirror:

@jan_TheGreenWitch You most certainly passed with flying colors- bravo to you, Jan! :raised_hands: That is such a lovely travel altar- it’s clear that you put a lot of thought into choosing meaningful and powerful things to bring with you. And you managed to pack it all so nicely into the bag too- as a fellow traveler and packer, I consider that a big accomplishment to pack so well! :grinning: :+1: Beautiful work- may your travel altar serve you well! :luggage: :two_hearts:

@Satu_TheGreenWitch Each and every thing you breathe life into is a work of art, Satu- it’s a delight to see your beautiful crafts! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope that they continue to serve you well and that everytime you see them they bring you joy. Thank you for sharing! :heart:

@Jem1 The crocheted hearts are adorable, Jem, and what a great protective decoration they will be on your altar for the upcoming Sabbat! :sunflower: :sparkles: They’re so adorable, though, that I think you should keep them up year round! :blush: Beautiful work- thanks for sharing them!

@IrisW Perfect timing indeed- your candle turned out beautiful! It’s absolutely perfect for the upcoming Sabbat too :ear_of_rice: :two_hearts: Lovely work and thank you for sharing- may your candle serve you well! :candle:

@Phoenix_Rose Congrats on your beautiful new wand, Maudot! :partying_face: It sounds like you crafted it with love and care and made it exactly as you wanted it to be- I know it is going to serve you well. May your wand become a trusty casting partner that will help you through many spells to come! :magic_wand: :blush: Enjoy it- and thank you for sharing! :heart:

(Still making my way through all the amazing entries- this is to be continued!)

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live and badges have been sent out to everyone who shared an entry :trophy: Thank you again to everyone who shared their amazing crafts (seriously- you are all so talented! I can’t say it enough! :bowing_woman: :heart:)

Congrats to the Handy Witches! :raised_hands: :sparkles:

12 Likes

@BryWisteria I so impressed that you respond to each post! Thank you for taking the time and thought to make a personalized response.

12 Likes

I think it looks great! I’ve definitely used a gingerbread pattern to make a poppet :laughing: You did a great job!

Look at you go with the deck bags! I love the colorful fabrics you chose for both bags. They really speak to your personality :hibiscus: amazing job!

I hope the oils help you in whatever ways you need :pray: I’m glad you were able to make it around to this challenge!

You’re welcome!

I love all your little projects that you did! :heart: That little bench is absolutely adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hooray for crochet inspiration! :yarn:

That’s a really pretty bag! I hope you’ll show us when you’re done :blush:

9 Likes

@BryWisteria is all kinds of amazing :heart: We are certainly blessed to have her!

11 Likes

So true!! @AileyGrey @BryWisteria

7 Likes