Basics of the Solar Plexus Chakra đź’›

Solar Plexus

Solar-Plexus-or-Manipura-Chakra

Sanskrit Name: Manipura

• Mani: Jewel :gem:
  • Pura: Dwelling Place
  • The word Manipura translates to, “city of jewels”, “seat of gems”

Physical Location: 2 inches above the navel, base of the sternum

Earth’s Location: Uluru & Kata Tjuta, two enormous rock formations in Australia :earth_asia:

Gland: Endocrine Exocrine Gland Pancreas, Outer adrenal cortex , regulates metabolism

Organs/Regions: Abdomen, Stomach, Upper Intestines, Liver, Gallbladder, Spleen, Middle Spine

Element: Fire :fire_element:

Deities: Sekhmet (Egypyt), Ra (Egypt), Surya (Hindu), Agni (Hindu), Hanuman (Hindu monkey God), Indra (Hindu)

Planet(s) Sun :sun:

Mantra: RAM – the Seed Mantra of the Manipura Chakra. Pronounced RAHHHM.

Color: Yellow :yellow_heart: – Invigorating color of happiness, optimism, & inspirational action, relationship with Sun & Fire

Metal: Iron

Crystals: Yellow Citrine, Yellow Topaz, Gold Tiger’s Eye, Rutilated Quartz

Essential Oils/Incense: Rosewood, Rosemary, Bergamot, Geranium, Clary Sage

Meditation for the Solar Plexus Chakra is an excellent way to connect with this Chakra

Image Representation: A circle having 10 petals in which inscribed a triangle pointing downward

symbol-of-Solar-Plexus-Chakra

Senses: Vision :eyes: (also known as the lower third eye)

Yoga:

• Sun :sun: Salutation, Boat Pose, Firefly Pose, Bow Pose

Solar Plexus Yoga Playlist - provided by @crystal5

Food: Corn :corn: , Squash, Pineapple :pineapple: , Beans :beans: , Banana :banana: , Peppers :bell_pepper: , Brown Rice :ear_of_rice: , Oats, Turmeric, Ginger

Through ages 15 & 21 proactivity of the development of your feelings, fear, harmony, philosophy, wisdom, & spirituality plus how each interacts with your feelings. Developing a sense of who you are.

It is characterized by attracting energy from the cosmos & then distributing it throughout the body. “Radiate your strength throughout the world.” Manifestation of the will, personal strength, & mental skills. It assists in converting materials into energy to power your body.

Overactive

• Sense of self is out of alignment
  • Pride, Egotism, & Demanding/Dominating behaviors
  • Lack of Self Discipline
  • Being overly critical
  • Blurred Vision may be excess energy running through this chakra

Underactive

• Anxiety & it’s many forms
  • Feelings of being drained of energy
  • Poor Digestion
  • Lack of Self-Discipline

Sources:

• Cantrell, Leigh. Chakras for Beginners: A Complete Guide to the Seven Chakras, Their Importance and Their Impact on Your Life . Amazon.com Services LLC, 2021.

• Pfender, April, and Enya Todd. The Complete Guide to Chakras: Activating the 12-Chakra Energy System for Balance and Healing . Rockridge Press, 2020.

• Alcantara, Margarita, and Tom Bingham. Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques That Balance the Chakras . Fall River Press, 2019.

• Ashish. “Solar Plexus (Manipura): Meaning, Location, and Symptoms of Blocked / Balance.” Fitsri , 9 July 2022, Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura): Everything You Should Know About It - Fitsri.

13 Likes

Wow! @Susurrus you are amazing! These are so informative!

Here is a playlist with yoga poses for the Solar Chakra.

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, @Susurrus! :yellow_heart: :blush::pray:

7 Likes

You’re welcome as always! I have found meditations for many different Chakra or energy based meditations on Insight Timer.

I have also found meditations for:

• New Moon
  • Full Moon
  • Solstice
  • Cord Cutting
  • Empathic/Highly Sensitive People
  • Releasing/Letting Go
  • Cleanse/Protection
  • Ground/Center/Reset
  • Intention Setting

I’m telling you something for all kinds of things for free. Which is always the best part. So that’s why I don’t list specific meditations because there are so many to choose from :laughing:

7 Likes

I tap into my solar plexus chakra when I’m battling my depression demons to help me balance the dark with the light. While I don’t start yellow as I’m fairly pale and it makes me look sick, I do carry citrine it tiger’s eye with me when I need that extra boost.

Thanks for sharing!

8 Likes

thank you so much for all of this wonderful info about the third chakra!
Jeannie

6 Likes