šŸ§ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Kitchen Witchery!

Oh that sounds delicious, I love carrot cake :yum: :cake:

5 Likes

my herb garden with lots of herbs and edible flowers as well.
would love to have shown you more pictures but only seems to allow one.

Namaste

11 Likes

Thats gorgeous. I hope one day our baby garden looks like that. We have or i think we have, some herbs in itā€¦ so long as the bunnies and friends didnā€™t get to them as they were coming up. Now that I think about it, I probably should have started them in the house.

3 Likes

What a lovely garden! And I see youā€™re wearing the witchā€™s regulation pointy hat too!! :laughing: :woman_mage:

And look out for that wolf behind you!

3 Likes

The harvest season is already upon us, and autumn is approaching rapidly! Go ahead and treat yourself to carrot spice cake, @haley- itā€™s a great way (and a very, very tasty way!) to welcome in the next season :fallen_leaf::cake: I hope it came out well- Enjoy! :yum::carrot:

So beautiful, @julie8! :heart_eyes: You have such a happy garden- and look at all those wonderful plants! :herb: Is that cilantro, sage, and basil (or maybe mint?) I see? Looks lovely! :blush: What do you usually like to cook with your herbs? :woman_cook: And please share any recommendations you have for edible flowers! :white_flower::yum:

5 Likes

@haley, Iā€™ve never had cinnamon frosting, just cream cheese. That sounds great, do you just add cinnamon or what?

5 Likes

Thatā€™s my favorite!! Uh, now I want some carrot cake!!:carrot::cake:

4 Likes

I just make my usual cream cheese frosting and add some cinnamon! You can add it to premade frosting as well, but a few drops of vanilla make it swirl in better when you use a canned frosting! Its PERFECT for carrot cake & spice cake!

5 Likes

@haley that sounds wonderful! What a good kitchen hack! Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

I childrenā€™s book I especially love is ā€œStone Soupā€, the message is that when people share their resources that everyone has a feast. Such an important lesson! Great ideas!

7 Likes

I am drooling at the thought, @haley! It sounds amazing! :drooling_face::cake::two_hearts:

3 Likes

As my own entry to the challenge, Iā€™ve shared a nostalgic summer meal (enhanced with a little kitchen witchery~ :sparkles:) in this post here!

Feel free to take a look (especially if you like the taste of fish, zucchini, and/or potatoes!) :yum:

Blessed Be to all! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I donā€™t do a lot of kitchen magic but itā€™s something Iā€™m interested in exploring further! :blush:

Me and Connie went foraging for blackberries yesterday :deciduous_tree: and made a blackberry crumble, which we blessed with @SilverBear s chant :heart:

Today we picked some mint from the garden :herb: mixed them with some berries and put them into ice cube trays which we topped off with moon water :full_moon: this is a lovely ice to use with a gin on a hot afternoon! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

In the end I didnā€™t make the lemon cake (I couldnā€™t find poppy seeds!), but instead decided to bake some cinnamon cookies :cookie: Cinnamon has a lot of amazing magical properties, and it also can be used for success! Since I have a couple of very important exams coming up, I figured some success cookies would be perfect :joy:

At first I cleansed my kitchen and burned some cinnamon as incense, all the while visualizing my goal and how I would get there :blush:

Luckily the cookies turned out well, and my apartment still smells like cinnamon :yum:

Thanks again for the challenge, @BryWisteria! I love both cooking/baking as well as spellwork, but Iā€™ve never did actual kitchen magic before :sparkles:

7 Likes

Those look delicious! Great job! I hope you enjoyed them!

I love baking too and cooking, I like to make everything from scratch and with love as my daughter would say. She is a great baker and cake decorator! She loves to work with buttercreams and fondant when her birthday or anyoneā€™s birthday comes around.

4 Likes

Mmm, cookies. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

What a fun summer adventure! :heart_eyes: It sounds like you and Connie had a blast and got some tasty treasures to make a great snack :yum::two_hearts: And a very creative use of the moon water ice cubes- I love it! :full_moon::ice_cube:

You are very welcome, @christine4- Iā€™m glad you had fun with the challenge! :blush: It looks like you have quite the talent for kitchen witchery- those cookies looks amazing! And yes, Iā€™m sure your kitchen smelt fantastic with all that cinnamony goodness :cookie::yum:

Wishing you all the best of luck with your upcoming exams- Iā€™m cheering you on, along with your magickal cinnamon success cookies! You can do it! :memo::clap::two_hearts:

It sounds like your daughter is a very talented baker as well! :woman_cook: Butterdream frosting is my favorite- so rich and delicious! :yum:

A gentle reminder to all that the challenge will close tomorrow at 5:00am CET!

For anyone who would like to participate but hasnā€™t done so already, please jump in with a post about your take on kitchen magick before the deadline :+1:

Thanks to all who have participated so far- reading your recipes and seeing your pics makes me so hungry! :drooling_face::plate_with_cutlery:

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I donā€™t cook much but I did make me a salad for lunch today so I got out my Cunninghamā€™s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen and looked up my ingredients.

Lettuce was sacred to the god Min in ancient Egypt. He ruled over vegetation of all kinds. Itā€™s good for peace, money, and strangely, celibacy.

Tomatoes are goo for health, money, love and protection. Lonely women once dried tomato seed, wrapped them up in a piece of cloth and wore them around their necks in hope of attracting men.

Carrots are good for one thing, according to the book. Sex. Must be their phallic nature. LOL.

Cabbage is good for protection and money. People used to stick a cabbage leaf to their forehead to ward away evil on Friday the 13th.

Iā€™m not sure what is in my ranch dressing, Iā€™m lazy and buy from the store. But I made my salad with the thoughts of peace and protection in mind. It was good too.

So thatā€™s what I did this week. I really recommend the book I was using if you want to be a kitchen witch, itā€™s over an inch thick and chock full of good information on foods and cooking herbs.

5 Likes

@christine4 The cookies look great! :cookie: Cinnamon is amazing! One of the oldest-known spices. Ancient Egyptians regarded it as a gift fit for the gods themselves.

And thatā€™s a cute little cauldron youā€™ve got there!

4 Likes

Iā€™m almost late because Iā€™ve been busy! But I still have a lot of Lavender that grows in our back yard:

So I came across this interesting recipe for Herbal Honey with Lavender:

Herbal honeys are profoundly medicinal ā€“ and they taste great. When herbs are infused into honey, the honey absorbs all the water-soluble components of the herb and all the volatiles (essential oils), as well. This yields an excellent extraction of the herbā€™s complex chemistry and preserves it very well.ā€

I used:

• Ā¼ cup dried lavender blossoms
  • 1 cup raw honey

1. Pour the honey over the blossoms and then stir to make sure the honey and blossoms are well-combined.

2. Place the jar in a warm spot away from direct sunlight. The top of the fridge is a good, warm spot.

3. Allow the honey to infuse for 1-4 weeks, turning the jar over every day to redistribute the blossoms.

I still have to wait so I canā€™t comment on it! But it looks promising!

7 Ways to use Lavender Honey:

• Stirred into tea
  • Slathered over warm gluten-free biscuits
  • Drizzled over brie and crackers
  • Stirred into yogurt
  • Drizzled on fresh fruit
  • Externally, it can be used to soothe skin irritations (for example, as a burn salve)
  • For skincare, it can also be used to make a clarifying and moisturizing face wash
6 Likes