Kitchen Witchery- Summer Fish Dinner 😋

Warm greetings to all! :heart:

After watching @SilverBear’s wonderful video on Elemental Water Spray, I was thinking about water magick all day. Most specifically- the ocean :ocean:

(Beach close to my family home)

My family in the USA lives by the sea- I used to fall asleep to the sound of waves and the feel of crisp ocean air in the morning :beach_umbrella: . Now, so many thousands of miles away in Europe, I live in a big metropolis :city_sunrise: Needless to say, I miss the ocean a lot!

(A sunset from last summer)

I wanted to do some magick to help me feel more connected with the sea, despite it being so far away. After a bit of thought, I combined my desire with some kitchen witchery to cook up a meal that is nourishing to the mind and body! :yum:

I would like to share with you all my entry to this week’s Kitchen Witchery Challenge, this nostalgic fish dish :fish: !

:fish: Summer Fish Dinner with Herbs :herb:

Ingredients- Fish:

• Fish
  • Lemon
  • Herb of choice (I recommend rosemary, dill, or thyme)
  • Pepper
  • Sea salt
  • Olive Oil

Ingredients- Mashed Garlic Butter Potatoes:

• Potatoes of any variety
  • Freshly diced garlic
  • Butter
  • Pepper
  • Sea salt

Ingredients- Zucchini “Pasta”:

• Zucchini (or summer squash)
  • Herb of choice (I recommend rosemary, thyme, or basil!)
  • Olive oil or other cooking oil
  • Pepper
  • Sea salt

:sparkles: To learn more about the magickal benefits of some of these ingredients, you may be interested in:

Before I began, I wanted to involve all 4 elements in this meal. The fish and salt are symbolic of the sea :droplet:, I had candles to involve fire :fire:, the side dishes would be the element of earth (potatoes and squash) :seedling:, and I had my windows open wide to bring in some fresh air :wind_face:!

I set up a small altar with the candles, my fish bracelet, blue sand stone, and aquamarine :candle:. I spent a few moments thinking about the ocean- it’s beauty, power, and grace. I thanked the food I was about to prepare, and wished for successful cooking :pray:

Then I turned on some good old Awake Nation to put me in a meditative frame of mind, and got started! :woman_cook:

(*EDIT: The original video no longer available, so a new alternative video has been added)

Cooking Time!

As a very eclectic kitchen witch, I almost never follow a recipe- my meal often changes directions several times during the cooking process as I juggle missing ingredients or become hungry and don’t want to wait for things to bake in the oven! :joy:

For this meal, I ended up frying the fish in oil on the stovetop with lemon, herbs, pepper, salt, and olive oil as seasonings :blowfish:

For the potatoes, I boiled several in salted water while I toasted garlic and melted butter in a pan. I mashed them together with herbs, pepper, and salt for a fairly quick and easy (if not slightly messy!) side dish :potato:

The zucchini was cut into thin stripes (of various shapes and sizes), coated with oil, herbs, pepper, and salt and stir-fried in the remainder of the garlic butter. Turn up the heat towards the end to get a nice crispy brown and add texture! :yum:

Ta-dah! A fairly quick and simple recipe to remind me of family dinners by the sea. It’s been a long time since I had fish, so I appreciated every bite. And there’s plenty of leftovers for another meal or two! :plate_with_cutlery:

Cheers to everyone in their kitchen crafting and endeavors this week! Happy cooking and happier eating! :yum:

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

That not only looks tasty but makes a nice picture, too! I enjoyed reading the process of your magical meal. Wow, now I’m hungry for some yummy fish!:yum::fish:

2 Likes

That sounds great @BryWisteria! It’s making me hungry, I haven’t had breakfast yet!

2 Likes

Charming recipe, Brianna!!

I love the symbolism of past family dinners and the link back to your hometown. ⛯

And the dish looks quite gourmet too! Thanks for the inspiration!

2 Likes

Thank you @christina4, @Amethyst, and @Francisco! :grin::hearts: I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe- adventures in the kitchen here are pretty fun (although usually very messy! :laughing:)

Cheers, and I hope you all enjoy your summer cooking adventures too! :fish::yum::plate_with_cutlery:

3 Likes

Oh dear! looks yummy and now I am hungry for fish… time to send hubby to the store!!

2 Likes

Hahaha I hope he can find a good piece of fish for you, @roxanne! :fish::plate_with_cutlery: Cook up something magickally delicious for dinner~ Enjoy! :sparkling_heart: