šŸŒ„ Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magick of the Sun

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry for Amethyst

I wanted to write a prayer to the sun since Iā€™m up before it is usually. LOL! Iā€™ve been reading a lot of Greek myths lately so I used the Greek Titian Helios, as the God of the Sun. I hope yā€™all like it.

Morning Prayer

I call upon lovely Eos, The Dawnbringer, to draw back the cloak of the night with your rose-tipped fingers and let the sun shine forth! Put the Stars to bed and set Helios free!

Great Helios! Mighty Sun! Bring your chariot out and harness your fiery-maned steeds! Wake up the world with your golden aura!

I honor you, beautiful Helios, you who see all from His chariot in the sky! Shine upon me and bless me with your countenance! Grant me your strength and healing! Illuminate the day with your presence!

And when your day is done, and you travel back to the East, rest well so you can shine again!

Blessed be!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful!

9 Likes

Challenge Entry

I came across the spell in the Encyclopedia of 5000 spells by Judika Illes.

Please be careful when performing this spell

Do not look into the mirror until the ritual is complete and the mirror is withdrawn from the sun.

Keep your eyes averted

Do not perform this ritual in the vicinity of dried paper, dried leaves or botanicals.

Make sure no on e is nearby who could be inadvertently blinded or burned

Drawing Down the Sun; Creating a Solar Charged Mirror

On a bright sunny day, hold a small mirror in the palm of your hand, tilted to catch direct sunlight.

Maintain the position for no more than a few seconds. Nine seconds is the maximum.

Thatā€™s it, the mirror is charged. The sun is so powerful that nine seconds is all it takes, and half of that is probably more than sufficient.

The mirror must be reserved for magical purposes. If it is a accidentally used for another purpose, it must be cleansed, reconsecrated and the ritual repeated.

The most popular used for magic mirrors are Divination, Spiritual Communication, Spell Work, Romantic or Protective Amulets, and Banishing Spells.

9 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

i love the sun. I love being out in it and when it is out, i generally feel more energetic and happy. I have suffered from depression recently which has affected my physical health (not wanting to exercise) as well as my mental health. I actually set this as an intention for my new moon ritual so decided to get the power of the sun to come along on my journey too.

This started with my normal setting up a work place jn front of my main altar( i tend to work on the floor in front of my main altar). I cast my circle, invited my deities and offered them sandalwood incense.

I also asked the sun deity Ra for his presence, lighting an orange candle that I blessed with frankincense to represent him.

I had written rhe affirmation that I AM PHYSCIALLY AND MENTALLY HEALTHY. For the purposes of this spell, i shortened it to healthy. I then used standard numerology to convert these to numbers.

I then used the magic square linked to the sun to create a sigil. Use my burning tool, I burned it into a wooden disk ( i thought this was a good representation of the suns heat and energy). I then rubbed the disc in frankincense before passing it through the sun candle on my work space.

I then meditated upon the symbol and its meaning before rhanking my deities and releasing the circle.

I now will carry the sigil in my pocket each day as a reminder of my affirmation.

Blessed be

Alan

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

The sun made an appearance yesterday, unexpectedly! So, I made some sun water and offered it to Brigid. I then drew a sunā€”I erased some parts a few times and tried to make it look as neatly as I canā€” and made a crystal grid with some Tigerā€™s Eye for self-confidence and inner strength. I finished the ritual by asking how I can prevent my Solar Plexus Chakra from being thrown off balance and I drew the Knight of Swords (reversed). I think that this is cautioning me to not be too overly confident or egotistical because if I fail, that will be a hit to my self-confidence.

9 Likes

Challenge Entry :sun:

I have been so happy :smiling_face: since Monday that it seems since the Equinox, the sun :sun: has decided to be a more regular occurrence in my area! I have always had a wonderful connection with the sun & it always makes my days just, so much better when it is shining brightly in the sky!

I had also been thinking about ways to incorporate the sun into my practice more often over the last few weeks! So this was perfect timing in that way too! :hugs:

First, I did some research on :face_with_monocle: Sun/Solar Magick & I found that there is a book I now have on my list :open_book: Pagan Portals on Sun :sun: Magic! So we have that in the works to be coming my way & really strengthen :muscle: using honoring or using the sun more than I do currently. :star_struck:

Due to the times that my husband & son leave for work, I find myself outside very close to or during the sunrise :sunrise: & if Iā€™m not, my husband will wake me up to go outside & look at or watch the sky as the sun starts cresting the horizon & the different colors & shades in the sky as it does so. I think one of my favorite times to be out there in the AM is when to my right I can see the sun coming up & to my left I can still see the last of the Moon before itā€™s out of sight for the day. Thatā€™s another topic for another day though :laughing:

There are times (a few this past week) that for one reason or another, I oversleep. On those days, depending on the weather, my husband will send me pictures of the sunrise from his view at work. Those are some of my favorite pictures. I am always uplifted & grateful for the sun being awake & shining so brightly in the sky.

Another one of my favorites is when I take my pupper for our morning drive :red_car: (also depending on the time) is seeing how the sun is shining over the ocean :ocean: from 1 of our beaches or views on our drive in the morning.

I also tend to just ā€œhang outā€ with the sun throughout the day. After a certain time, the sun is above the treeline :deciduous_tree: & from mid-morning to mid-afternoon, it is completely over my backyard. At least once, but normally multiple times throughout the day :house_with_garden: I will just head to my back porch, set up a chair & just sit there with the sun shining & just take in all of the things that are happening in & around my yard. Everything from how the sunlight plays off of different things, the shadows created, and the shimmers and sparkles off of items, flowers :sunflower: grass, and plants :herb: in my yard.

I will also watch the way the local wildlife :chipmunk: is more active & exploring the yards :rabbit2: & trees, playing with each other, and gathering things for their nests :bird: or homes. I also take that time to make sure that I lay out my Eco-Drive watch :watch: (which uses sunlight & a quartz crystal instead of a battery to keep it going) for at least an hour or 2, for a completely full charge that lasts quite a whileā€¦ at least a weekā€¦ it only needs 4 hours of sunlight from a completely depleted charge. So I like to just kind of 2 to 3 times a week leave it in sunlight for at least 1 hour *(depending on the weather pattern, sometimes I leave it on the table on the porch, and other times I leave it on our kitchen window :window: sill.

Yesterday, was a bit dreary, and gray, and had more periods of rain :cloud_with_rain: (even if it was light rain) than periods of sun.

Today though, a lot of bright sun :sun: :heart_eyes: so I am currently making Sun Water in a mason jar! I have added Citrine & Clear Quartz to the jar. I also have my ā€œLight Seerā€™s Tarotā€ spread out on the table we have on the back porch too. For some reason, with that deck I have always liked to use the sun for charging it :hugs:

Once I am able to read the book :closed_book: on Sun Magick, Iā€™m hoping to learn some other ways to be able to incorporate the sun into my practice whenever I am able to do so! :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

I spotted this book too. I havenā€™t bought it yet but may do so. Have you got it yet? Would you recommend?

10 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten it yet, but I did save it to my reading list on Amazon. Pagan Portals are amazing books for introduction or basic learning of the subjects that they cover. Usually, when I start learning about something or researching practices or deities, I start with or around Pagan Portals & go from there.

Currently Iā€™m re-reading a book I actually read when I first started working with Brigid. So when I am finished with that & the 3 books I just received (I love :heart: when I get gift cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:), my plan is to get the 1 on Sun Magic & read that too. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thanks, @Ostara! Glad you liked it!

9 Likes

Challenge Entry

I did this Magick of the sun challenge today, on SUNday. :slight_smile:

I was inspired by an earlier post of @Phoenix_Fire Sunwater cleanse of house

For my challenge I:

-put three stones that reminded me of the sun in my pocket
-took out my moon water and poured it into a bowl
-added lemon EO to the water to represent the sun
-put on a pink shirt as I didnā€™t have a yellow shirt to represent the sun but pink I see brightness and love, so it will do
-grabbed 1 orange cloth and 1 yellow cloth to clean with -sun colours
-grabbed my pendulum

In each room:

I used my pendulum to cleanse the room of negative energy

I cleaned the room trying to keep thoughts to nothing or to the positive, bright, cheerful

I shook carpets outside in the sun.

I used the sun infused moon water to bless all windows and doors in each room- saying Blessings of the God and Goddess once and Blessings of the moon and sun three times

Then I used the pendulum to charge each room while I chanted a spell I wrote that also included reference to the sun.

It feels good in here and I am feeling uplifted and positive. My husband even noticed a difference. :grin:

13 Likes

@Amethyst - This is beautiful. As I was reading your Challenge, I visualized everything I was saying e(your were saying) it felt like I was right there laying in the sun! Wish I was :sun: :sun: Blessed Be

9 Likes

So I guess as added inspiration to share my love :heart: for the suns phases I have some added imagesā€¦ my daughter & I went to our 1st sunset at 1 of the most popular beaches :parasol_on_ground: in our area during the summer. Itā€™s also specifically popular locally throughout the year for watching the sunrise :sunrise: & the sunsetsā€¦ I will share some from our time thereā€¦ We had a lot of fun! I got to watch her be silly & be silly with her, which is rare with a young teenage girl :rofl:

Those were an extremely small fraction of them :laughing:ā€¦ we took A LOT pictures of the the sunset with her, me, & together; from the beach, shore, waterline, jettyā€¦ we had a lot fun :hugs: I even got to just sit & feel the wind & listen to the sounds as the water came to & from with the waves. I also found out that she took a short video of me getting chased by the water while looking for treasures :joy:

I still have to clean them a little before adding them to my altars. I do think that Iā€™m going to make a picture book of my 1st sunset with her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

I love when the sun is out. It makes me feel positive and full of an amazing amount of energy. I love to get outside and do yardwork and my flowers. Since I have joined this Coven, :infinite_roots: I will be starting a new ā€œway of lifeā€ā€¦ My yardwork and flowers will have a Magick theme to it. :tree_of_life:

Blessed Be
Medea

11 Likes

Awesome shared memoriesā€¦I missed that. I also miss the Sun. I would take my two (2) babies to the beach as often as I could, I lived 2 miles away. I always had myself and my kids cleaned up before their father got home from work. Unfortunately, I moved to the ā€œBig Cityā€ and I do not get there very often anymore. I :100:% know the meaning of ā€œthe grass is not always greener on the other sideā€

Beautiful pictures, Blessed Be,
Medea

12 Likes

Aaawwwā€¦ @Medea

Before my daughter hit the teenage years, we used to walk every afternoon to the beach in our neighborhood for about 1 - 2 hours at a time. Sometimes twice a day depending on when we went the 1st time. Last summer was the 1st time we didnā€™t do that all. It made me so sad :disappointed:

So having the chance tonight, I couldnā€™t pass up spending time with her at the beach :beach: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have lived in the city & Iā€™ve in a landlocked state alsoā€¦ I completely understand. I couldnā€™t handle it no matter how hard I tried & ultimately wound up moving back to the coast & closer to the water than I was before I left.

10 Likes

challenge entry 3
So ive been doing grand tableaus sometimes to get general feel for the day even if dont fo into depth there are basic things can learn from the grand tableau even by just looking at the character card and where it falls.
If its higher up in spread, more in control of situation or time period
If lower down have more weighing down on you and less in control of situation or time period.

Cards in front are auspiscuous and easier to deal with,
Cards behind are inauspicuous and woyld be challenging even if positive cards.

The line character card falls in is the line of sight, the direct influence or story of time period ie the day, week or month etc. Or a particular sitiation. This goes in the direction the character is looking wgich for this deck is looking left. So you read the cards from right to left. For female and male would read left to rightā€¦ byt depends on deck use, but it goes by which direction looking .

So here is the spread for me today. Seems my day or situation but mostly day as its a day spread will end with the sun. Which is a positive card. I thought wow and we are doing a sun magic challenge, how cool that the sun came up in my reading for today.
I havent fully read into the reading but got so excitef that the sun fell in my line of sight in reading that i thought id share :sun_with_face:

14 Likes

How beautiful. I just went through some dumb house BS and after looking at your pictures and reading your post, I donā€™t feel so stressed out, thank you for that!
Have a Blessed Day,
Medea

11 Likes

I love reading your posts! I always learn so much from them as Kasandra, you are very knowledgeable. Also, the feedbacks help me a lot also!

Have a blessed day,
Medea

11 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, March 28 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

So many beautiful entries shining so brightly this week- thank you so much to everyone who joined in the light to share their sun magick so far! :sun_with_face: :two_hearts:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :sunrise_over_mountains: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Awww this was so sweet and made me smile, like I was right there with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes