⛰ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Earth

:green_heart: Crystals/Stones that correspond with the Earth Element :green_heart:

(not a definitive list, just some of the most common)

• Aragonite, Black Kyanite, Black Tourmaline, Chiastolite, Dendrite Agate, Emerald, Hematite, Jade, Jet, Malachite, Moss Agate, Obsidian, Petrified Wood, Polychrome Jasper, Pyrite, Red Jasper, Shungite, Smoky Quartz, Tiger Eye, Tree Agate, Zebra Jasper

:earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas: :earth_americas:

7 Likes

I performed the heal Mother Earth spell and it felt truly transformative! Blessed be

7 Likes

Marissa,
I really enjoyed your Healing Crystals because they have pictures that was nice. I have one its called Black Kayanite, I was wondering what it was! thank you!!
I can identify there meanings which is a big help!!!
Jeannie

8 Likes

thank you for sharing! @christina4 or @Missa, you ladies know alot about rocks and crystals.

What kind of rock or crystal do you think this is? It’s one of favs. My hand cups perfectly around it’s shape when I meditate or pray. Lately, when I hold my rocks or crystals while I meditate- I feel heat coming from them. Is that my energy combined with theirs? Never felt this before! Am I becoming more intuned with their properties?

Thank you for any advice!

6 Likes

Aw thank you! Well what comes to my mind it could be Serpentine? Its hard to tell because the photos have a yellow tint to it. Id suggest taking the photos in natural light outside and or against a plain black or white background.

And I would say possibly you are becoming more intune! Most people think that if they don’t feel anything instantly or within a day while working with a crystal/stone then its not working. It takes time for you to get used to its energy and for the crystal/stone to get used to yours! It can take at least 1 full week to start feeling, recognizing the properties from the crystal/stone. I recommend really getting to know your crystal/stone and working with them one at a time for a few weeks to a month.

8 Likes

My wife’s favorite flower is the daffodil. I wanted to buy her some bulbs for Valentine’s Day that she could plant this spring and I wondered if they could be used in magic like other flowers like Lilacs and Roses.

I know they’ve been talked about before in relation to Imbolc and Ostara. I also know this topic would have been great for another challenge. But when I use the earth element (North) in my circle casting and spells, I think of Gaia, Green Witches, trees with deep roots, and the symbolism behind many of the flowers, especially the lotus.

Turns out, daffodils are poisonous to pets. :open_mouth: Since I love my 3 cats, I don’t believe I will be buying her bulbs this year. :sweat_smile: But I did find some magical uses.

From Learn Religions:

Using Daffodils in Magic

• Put fresh daffodils in a vase in your home to bring about abundance.
  • Place daffodils on your altar during workings related to love, especially if it’s a new relationship and you’re still trying to figure out how to navigate the waters.
  • Add potted daffodil bulbs, don’t worry if they’re blooming yet, to your altar for spring celebrations, along with other spring flowers such as forsythia, crocus, and snowdrops.
  • Wear this flower close to your heart to draw love, but be careful that your love is not one-sided.

Wigington, Patti. “Daffodil Magic, Legends, and Folklore.” Learn Religions. Daffodil Magic, Legends, and Folklore (accessed February 13, 2021).

Maybe only one or two on my wall altar this spring? :thinking: They would be useful for me and pretty for her - even if not a Valentine’s gift. (By the way, which me luck because I still need to get her something before tomorrow.) We’ll see. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Marissa,
thank you for taking the time to look at it. It’s very pale in color! Looks like a rock but I think it’s some kind of crystal. It has raw, jagged edges. (Thank you for the info.) I feel heat emanating from them. Especially my Amethyst. I also notice after spending time with them i can hover my had over my arm and still feel the heat source. I don’t have much of a crystal/stone collection- like 12 or so. Plan on getting more. I’m trying to get to know them, their properties, and correspondence. When I’m tired I take with me to the gym or work a small Jasper- since it says it’s energy is like caffeine. And it really does energize me.

Thank you, once again.
Blessed be.

8 Likes

@BryWisteria I didn’t even realize that there was an Earth challenge and was drawn this morning to do the prosperity crystal grid for my last play on my lottery ticket. Guess I can use that as my challenge entry.

I do have some other prosperity items on my altar, my intention jar that I put with my coin bowl, an emerald (also my birthstone), green candle, called on on Lord and Lady to help and invited my husband and 2 daughters to add their extra help and intention to the grid. Burning patchouli all day also. I am in need of some additional funds this month as we have been snowed in since Friday morning :confused: and I don’t get paid if I don’t show up lol.

Oh I do have some good news; I gained a new customer and she has a circle of buddies that if she likes the thieves blend she bought from me, my business is going to bloom. Spells work, just have to wait for it.

Blessed be to you all. Send some energy as we are at -2 degrees and it’s still snowing.

@berta how’s the weather where your daughter is? :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: I am so ready for :desert: :desert: :sunny: :sunny:!

Forgot to show the grid. Still need to wood burn it and clean it up.

13 Likes

Tonight, I made prosperity oil and said the prayer to heal Mother Earth. It smells wonderful! Shoutout to @SilverBear for the recipe! Wish I could send a picture, but my device is being stubborn at the moment and won’t let me upload any pictures.
I plan to use the oil in a money spell sometime during the waxing crescent. I’ve been a little hesitant with money spells because the last time I cast one some of my coworkers quit without notice in the days after and I had a lot of overtime, :joy:
But I need to curb some of my spending habits right now, so I’m hoping a money spell can help with that (and maybe help me think of ways to put some extra cash in my wallet).

13 Likes

My practice involves art and Tarot. I created an oracle representing the tangible elements provided to us by The Earth, the action of groundedness to connect us to Earth and the gifts that the Earth offers if we care for it. It is the element of our experiences
during this embodiment and how we learn to navigate the ability to manifest and nurture our beloved environment in the physical sense on this side of the veil. This card is one of twelve for the suit of Earth as perceived by the bees.

12 Likes

SIGIL SELFLOVE RELEASE AND RECHARGE SPELL

All elements are important for our day to day life, and with the elements or earth it is wise to be grounded at all times, when I think of Earth I imagine trees :deciduous_tree: and flowers :hibiscus:or even the things we use on a daily basis that comes from earthly things. At the same time we need love for all things to grow and as we love, it is also important to love :heart: ourselves.

Since this a month of love and today being VALENTINE’S Day I have decided to do something for “self love” cause there are times we love other but also

Here are some Earth Correspondences I used
@berta out of what berta shared

Direction: (East ) or North
Day: Saturday
Hour: Sunrise or (Midnight)
Colours: Black, Browne or Green, I used pink 4 self love
Zodiac: Capricorn (me)
Chakra: Root

Items
1 Pink or White Candle
1 Bay Leaf
1 Sigil
1 Rose (I imagined my self the rose)
*you can add the rose if you so desire

Steps

1. First I grounded my self while visualizing a sphere of white light of protection around me.

2. I then light the candle as I chant these words

As I light this pink candle bring to me here
Protection , peace and loving care,
Grant me all things beautiful and my hearts desire
Even self love that I so admire!
@Amethyst I made one for my pink candle :hugs:

1. As you continue to meditate , i thought about all the negative things hindered me from “self love” and I wrote them on the bay leaf.

2. After I burned the bay leaf releasing all unwanted energies. Then recharged all wanted energies of self love into my sigil.

3. When satisfied I then out the candle while thanking my deities for partaking in my ritual.

4. Collect the ashes and then buried them into the earth.

5. I carry my sigil with me, keeping it in a safe place.

6. I continued the day feeling loved and thankful for the great change that us about to happen.

Because of this challenge I have also managed to create my own sigil for self love and for my deity Apollo, it’s been a while back I was seeking a sigil for Apollo but never really found the right one. This one I did free style using the entire word LOVE. I now can say that I have and it’s one that I am happy with. :grin:

N.B
Spell may vary base on the moon phrase that you may use and the day you may do the spell based on your intentions. Do feel free to make changes to suit you.

Happy Valentine’s Day :heart:

Spell Created By: NickWick💫

N🕯ckW🕯ck
Love & Light the way :dizzy: :point_left:t3: my new slogan from my sigil

10 Likes

Hey @walter these are quartz. And I believe @Missa was right with the serpentine. I’ve always loved the name. Lol.but you have some nice stones!!

7 Likes

I love this! You’re so creative and it’s awesome :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hahahaha :rofl: that’s hilarious

4 Likes

That’s a good lesson you learned. Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it! I hope you’re able to curb your spending habits and put some money in your pocket, sounds like it should work!

Beautiful card @SacredBee! That’s just gorgeous!

Great spell and charm @NickWick! Very good to remember to love yourself on this day! Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

I decided to do something with the Money Tree I have that represents the Element of Earth on my Element Altar.

It’s got chips of amethyst, aventurine, clear quartz, rose quartz, citrine, and carnelian all secured to a resin base with copper wire. So I made this chant to energize it. I figure I’ll use it when I dust.

Stones and copper from the Earth’s bones,
Make this apartment a happy home.
Help me with grounding and rooting myself into the soil
And bring me prosperity and help that my work be not a toil.

With Harm to None, So Mote it Be!

7 Likes

@christina4 , thank you very much!

5 Likes

@Amethyst , these are beautiful!

4 Likes

@NickWick ,this is a great spell! I agree, at times we forget about self-love.

4 Likes

You’re welcome very much :relaxed:

5 Likes