šŸ§‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Salty Spellwork

For this weekly witchy challenge, I did a spell :amphora: jar for protection, on this Full Moon! I was inspired by Silver Bear
Lavender - for calm
Rosemary- for my memory, Candula - To ignite if the fire inside my soul, for love :heart:
Sandalwood -for Manifestation, Cedar for protection,
Sage for clearing my mind
Salt for a Absorbing all the negative energy!
I put my petition inside of the bottle to love myself and be my own best friend!
Amethyst- Wisdom
Red Jasper - Supports time of stress and change
Charm- Key :key: for Hekate to claim my key ā€œTo have Faith and Believeā€
I sealed my jar with a black candle and used black to repel any negative energy!
I also opened up a circle of protection and called to Hekate!
I did a little prayer and asked my spiritual guide Hecate to light the way for me!

I am glad we did this challenge because I had a chance to work with many of my herbs :herb: I feel blessed to have my spiritual practice, to prepare me mentally for this month!
I thanked Hekate for her protection and her light in my life!
Jeannie
Blessed beāœØ

7 Likes

Nicely done with your Black Salt crafting this week, @fabian! It is clear that salt has a very treasured role in your practice. May it continue to bless and protect you! :salt::sparkles:

Thanks again for your beautiful post about Black Salt (with another bonus .PDF- youā€™re awesome) @IrisW! :heart:

I love the idea of the shower steamers, @JasmineTheBlueJ- thanks so much for sharing your recipe! A few powerful ingredients make for a wonderful magickal shower :shower: :blush:

Agreed, salt is a foundation of life itself- you are truly blessed to live by such a fresh source of it, @Steph! :ocean: May you enjoy the power and healing energies of the sea- treat yourself to a lovely beach day! :beach_umbrella:

Iā€™m so sorry you had such a tough time this week, @phoenix_dawn- you have a lot on your plate, Iā€™m sending you big hugs as you power through the dark emotions. Iā€™m glad you were able to do such a lovely meditation, and the chakra salts sounds lovely! :person_in_lotus_position: :salt: Your magick shines brightly despite what you are going through- you are one strong witch! :muscle: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thanks for the tips, @crystal24! Herbs are amazing, but agreed- safety should always come first. Thanks for your helpful wisdom! :sparkling_heart: :pray: Bravo to you and your niece on your lovely Spell Jars and Oceans Charm- they look amazing! :star_struck:

A little touch of Shakespearean adds a lot of character to a chant, in my opinion- and this one came out beautiful @Kasandra! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing your lovely Himalayan salt banishing spell- itā€™s a really lovely one :blush:

Sorry to hear about the energy attack- may this lovely Salt Protection Ritual you shared help you to find peace and re-stabalize your energy, @Princess_Tara. Take care and blessed be! :pray:

Beautiful exploration of salt uses, @Susurrus. And I canā€™t think of a more heartfelt and sincere way to treasure your motherā€™s memory- blessings to you and your loved one as you mourn :dove::heart:

They turned out beautiful, @Christina21- you did a fantastic job! May the Ocean Charm wash in new funds for you, and your lovely love jar bring you much love and joy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You chose some wonderful herbs and crystals in your protection spell, @Jeannie1- I like the addition for the key for Hekate too! :old_key: May Her wisdom and guidance light your way and keep you protected always. Thanks for sharing! :blush:

11 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 24th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :salt::sparkles:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria I can not thank you enough for the ā€œair hugsā€ and encouraging words. That meant so much to me because lately I have been doubting myself and so Iā€™ve tried to stick to just preparing powders/ oils etc that could be used in workings at a later date when I feel like itā€™s safer for me to cast without any mishaps and tried to play it safe but given the fact there are 3 dogs in the house that will eat any items they can get ahold of and a 13 year old witch in training who is curious about using ANYTHING I have in my supply cabinet/box for her workings I was afraid my shells for the oceans charm spell wouldnt last very long if I just set them somewhere in my room but if I kept them in the jar with the water then they would stand a better chance lol

3 Likes

I totally did the Oceanā€™s Charm spell but forgot to take a picture :woman_facepalming:

It was also a WONDERFUL reminder in candle safety, as I thought my small metal dish would safely snuff the candles out once they burned down to the salt. Nope! Turns out the whole thing lit on fire :woman_shrugging: itā€™s a good thing I walked back into the room when I did, and that my altar was clear of any other items. :sweat_smile: fire safety is no joke, people!

7 Likes

I always feel bad for carpeted floors, they donā€™t get any of the salt love that the floors that are swept get. So here, have some homemade vacuum shake. Hope yā€™all like it!

Salty Vacuum Powder.

Ā¼ cup salt

Ā½ cup baking powder

Ā¼ cup lavender

Ā¼ cup rosemary

Mix together and shake it over carpet while saying:

Salt and herbs purify,

let no negativity get by.

Vacuum up the evil vibes,

So only happiness survives.

Let the anger and tiredness leave,

as I will so mote it be!

Let sit for a while to soak up the negative energies and then vacuum up, dispose of the vacuum leavings as soon as possible.

12 Likes

@Amethyst I never thought about it that way but I generally use my broom and "sweep"the carpet when I use the powder stuff we buy in the stores to kind of work it into the carpets fibers better before I let it soak in so thatā€™s a great idea and you still get the sweeping effect. Probably a good idea to empty the vacuum outside immediately after use though so it takes the negative garbage out of the house completely but thatā€™s just my opinion

7 Likes

I am very exited to try my first challenge.

6 Likes

I was a bit limited for this weekā€™s challenge but was able to find somethings to accompany what I have brought with me for my travels this week. I had a version of a salt protection recipe saved on my phone. I wish I could remember where I initially saw this recipe so I could credit the person (it probably was someone in the coven so if you recognize this, let me know so I can give you credit). I remember purposely saving this because it was a smoke free way for me to cleanse the energy of prior occupants in hotel rooms when I travel. I actually forgot about it before my current travels began but the challenge brought it to memory, so thank you for that!

I mixed some sea salt, rosemary, comfrey root, lavender and angelica root into a glass. It probably would have been best to make it into a more powder like substance, but all I had was a plastic fork LOL I added my intent and asked each ingredient for their protective and cleansing properties and thanked each one. I then sprinkled it on the bottom of the door threshold and in the corners of the room.

I have one more stop at a different hotel for a few days before going home so I saved some in a ziploc so I can remember to use this again on Wednesday

8 Likes

Huh, I never swept it into the carpet, I just let it sit for a good half hour or so before vacuuming. Itā€™s interesting how people do things differently. Iā€™ll have to try that next time!

6 Likes

This week challenge was really simple for me but yet really effective. For me I did a basic salt protection spell for the home. I have really want to try the black salt, however I have decided to have this done for another time.This involves me use the black salt as the main ingredient along with a chant to cleanse around my home.

Direction

3 Handfull of salt
1 Protection Chant

1. Meditation for the positive intention that I wanted.

2. I then face east with a hand fit of salt walking in a clock wise direction moving to each ditection that represents the elements as I respite this chant I wrote.

3. Recite the chant
    Let all the negativity be washed away
    Right here, RIGHT NOW today.
    Protect my home day and night
    Keep it safe within the light.

4. When done, just thank the Lord & Lady for their blessings and just carry on your day as normal.

I have also managed to stumble across this easy salt spell routine that I am thinking off putting to practice alone side my salt spell.

Credit: Pinterest.com

Any type on salt can be used as well as the black salt. I can maybe do this spell every other full moon for continuous results.

L :dizzy:ve , L :heart: ve and L :candle:ght the way

Blessed BešŸ’«

15 Likes

@NickWick i loved your chant. Nicely done

7 Likes

Well also my mom and I both have pretty long thick hair and we shed BADLY then add 3 dogs and we have a lot of hair on the carpet so sweeping kinda helps get up most of the hair the vacuum canā€™t get up

6 Likes

I was just thinking of posting something similar! My daughter & I have long thick hair as do both of my sonā€™s girlfriends. Between the carpets & the drain in the shower & our cars, hair is everywhere mixed with 2 dogs also! We use the sweeping of the carpet also before we vacuum.

6 Likes

Hello! For this weekā€™s challenge, I incorporated salt into my magic by doing some cleansing and protection work on my RV.

I actually started one of the ingredients for this before the challenge as it is an oil that needs to sit for 9 days in direct sunlight. To make the sealing oil, you take 1 tablespoon carrier oil (I used sweet almond), 1 fresh sage leaf, 1 whole clove, and 3 pinches of salt. Mix all of this in a bottle and seal. Place in an area that receives direct sunlight for 9 days, mixing every so often (I did it about once a day when I was feeding the birds).

While I was waiting on this, I took the week to thoroughly clean my house. Put things back where they belong, dust, vacuum, even clean the couches! I even began to rid myself of unnecessary clutter that has crept into my home.

One the oil was ready, I was all set. Sunday, my husband had to go to work for a little bit so it was perfect timing! I smoke cleansed with palo santo. I then was ready to clean and seal my threshold. I mixed 1 cup warm water, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a large bowl. Using a cloth, I used the mixture to was the threshold and doorframe while saying ā€œI hereby cleanse this threshold of negative energy.ā€ I then used the palo santo to again cleanse the threshold and doorframe. I placed it in my censer and let it smolder for the rest of the ritual.

Dipping my fingers in the sealing oil, I drew an unbroken line around the outside of the door frame while saying ā€œNo evil or illness may cross this threshold. I hereby bar it from entering. My home is sacred and protected.ā€

On the inside of the doorframe, I again dipped my finger in the sealing oil, this time touching my finger to the upper left corner and drawing a line in the air to the bottom right corner. Stating the above intention while doing so. I repeated this going from upper right to lower left as well as from middle top to middle bottom.

The last step was to bury 3 cloves of garlic under by threshold (shout out to those that helped me come up with my alternative!). I touched each of them with a finger dipped in the sealing oil and buried one at each end of the box I used to represent my threshold and one in the middle, again repeating the intention above one final time.

10 Likes

Very creative. Thanks for sharing this.

5 Likes

Siofra,
Thank for letting me know about how salt has been a very sacred element in many different cultures across the globe. That really spoke to me was how

Blockquote

It amazing to see how salt :salt: is used to "expel evilā€
Thank you for sharing!!!
Blessed Be!! :hugs:
Jeannie

5 Likes

For my weekly challenge i did Money spell with the seashells and saltā€¦
I love working with salt. I always have a seahell filled with salt and light a votive on top of it. To help cleanse myself and my home.
Thank you for this challenge.
Blessed be.

8 Likes

@Jeannie1 your spell and altar look amazing!
Blessed be

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane, that is one great cleansing spell.
Thank you for sharing.

Blessed be

7 Likes