šŸ§‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Salty Spellwork

I didnā€™t do a spell or ceremony, I just wanted to examine the subject Salt.
I think my lovely ā€œC4ā€ may have addressed this subject but Iā€™ll do it too.
I base my facts on an article from Wikipedia, although I could have gone to my Nursing books or Anatomy and Physiology material. BUT kids, I just couldnā€™t do that to you.(Garnet the merciful. ha ha)
Let me start by saying, The history of salt has led to troubling acts by humanity.
I chose to write a short article about a mineral called Salt, it is a mineral composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl), a chemical compound belonging to the larger class of salts; salt in the form of a natural crystalline mineral is known as rock salt or halite.
Salt is one of the most essential minerals for life in general. It is also one of the oldest food seasoning and used as a food preservative.
As long ago as 6,000 BC people in present day Romania boiled spring water to extract salt. China is recorded to use salt around the same period.
Salt was so prized in ancient times that it was an important article for trade and was transported by boat across the Mediterranean Sea, then along specially built salt roads, to cross the Sahara on camel caravans. The scarcity and universal need for salt have led nations to go to war over it and used it to raise tax revenues. Salt is used in religious ceremonies and has other cultural and traditional significance.
An interesting fact, there is more salt in animal tissues like meat, milk, etc., than plants. Salt was/is used in religious practice by many faiths. Salt was sadly also used to ā€˜salt the earthā€™ as a way to prevent plant growth by some armies during wars and promote starvation.
Salt was used as currency South of the Sahara.
Tragically, wars have been fought over salt. As late as the 1930ā€™s, Mahatma Gandhi led a crowd of 100,000 people on the ā€œGandhi Marchā€ or :Satyagrahaā€, during which they made their own salt from the sea as a demonstration of their opposition to the colonial tax. This act of civil disobedience inspired numerous Indians and transformed the Indian independence movement from an elitist one with little popular support into a national struggle.
In order to cut this article short: Salt is essential to human life. This mineral/electrolyte helps nerves and muscles to function correctly, {note, the human heart is a muscle!}and it is one factor involved in the osmotic regulation of water content in body organs (fluid balance). Most of the sodium in the Western diet comes from salt. The habitual salt intake in many Western countries is about 10 g per day, and it is higher than that in many countries in Eastern Europe and Asia. The high level of sodium in many processed foods has a major impact on the total amount consumed. In the United States, 75% of the sodium eaten comes from processed and restaurant foods, 11% from cooking and table use and the rest from what is found naturally in foodstuffs. Consuming too much sodium increases risk of cardiovascular diseases. High sodium intake is associated with a greater risk of stroke, total cardiovascular disease and kidney disease. A reduction in sodium intake by 1,000 mg per day may reduce cardiovascular disease by about 30%. In adults and children with no acute illness, a decrease in the intake of sodium from the typical high levels reduces blood pressure. A low sodium diet results in a greater improvement in blood pressure in people with hypertension.
ā€œMortality caused by levels of salt.ā€ The association between sodium consumption and cardiovascular disease or mortality is U-shaped, with increased risk at both high and low sodium intake.ā€ The findings showed that increased mortality from excessive salt intake was primarily associated with individuals with hypertension. The levels of increased mortality among those with restricted salt intake appeared to be similar regardless of blood pressure. This evidence shows that while those with hypertension should primarily focus on reducing sodium to recommended levels, all groups should seek to maintain a healthy level of sodium intake of between 4 and 5 grams (equivalent to 10-13 g salt) a day.
One of the two most prominent dietary risks for disability in the world is eating too much sodium.

Whewā€¦Long story short, salt is necessary for human life but too much of a good thing can be bad.
:heartpulse:
The bold words are some of the crimes the want of sodium led to.
Garnet.

10 Likes

For this weekly challenge, I made Infinite Roots black salt recipe. I also took advantage of the black salt by using my salt as a protection tailsman( towards) me which was also recommended by Francisco! I feel all the negative energy gone and absorbed! I feel so blessed, to have you all here so I can learn how to shield and protect myself!
Thank you! :kissing_heart:

image|375x500

![image|375x500](upload://kfi1FuzpfiSPkER1osyfOspGkn5.jpeg
I like What Francisco suggested about using the black salt for when people come over and you want to get rid of their energy you can just throw the salt on the ground and sweep the energy away! I would like to get into more rituals like these to protect myself. Thank you for letting me share and may you all be blessed and protected!

Blessed be!:sparkles:

7 Likes

I know first-hand that sometimes the hardest part of magick is building up your confidence, so no worries at all @phoenix_dawn! :heart: Follow your intuition and pursue the spellwork that calls to you :hugs: I imagine keeping your witchy tools away from the dogs and teen-witch-in-training is quite an exercise in creativity too! :laughing: :+1: Blessed be!

Uh oh, @Eliza_Beth! Sorry to hear that, but no worries- accidents happen to all of us. Iā€™m glad everything was okay and you are safe! Curious, though, as youā€™re right- salt is usually non-flamable. Perhaps it was just the energy of the spell- may you soon be blessed with a wave of fresh funds! :ocean: :moneybag: :grin:

I am loving your salt vacuum powder, @Amethyst! Cleaning the carpet where Iā€™m from usually involves a big stick and a lot of whacking- I think I might switch it up and use this much more beautiful and enjoyable spellwork from time to time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing!

Welcome, @Leah7! :blush: This challenge has reached the end of itā€™s 6 day timelimit, but no worries- there will be a brand new challenge launching tomorrow! You are very warmly invited to join if youā€™d like :heart:

That is some amazing spellwork for being on the road, @Robin77- and what a great way to use salt! Whenever I stay in hotel rooms I try not to think about the people who were there before :sweat_smile: cleansing it with salt is a much better approach- Iā€™ll have to keep this in mind! Thanks for sharing :pray:

Gorgeous salt chant, @NickWick- I always love reading your chants! May your lovely spellwork help cleanse and refresh the energy of your home. Thanks for sharing! :salt:

Beautiful protective work, @Amaris_Bane- thanks so much for sharing your recipe for the sealing oil too! Iā€™m sure all of your diligent work has paid off- the energy there must feel so refreshed and cleansed :relaxed: Great job!

Seashells make a perfect part for salt magick- this is beautifully done, @Walter! :sparkles: Wishing you an abundance of funds coming very soon- blessed be! :money_with_wings:

I was pretty sure this lovely entry about salt was meant for the challenge- I hope you donā€™t mind that I moved this post here into the challenge thread, @Garnet! :pray: Despite itā€™s wonderful properties, the history of salt (like certain crystals and plants) does have a ratherā€¦ briney background. Thanks for sharing this wisdom- it is very interesting to read about, and important things to consider!

8 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Well done to everyone who jumped in and explored Salt Magick this week! :salt:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :white_heart: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I only have one cat but he sheds so badly I bought a special vacuum so I donā€™t have to sweep. Itā€™s a bonus that it wraps the cord up itself!

By all means, post yours. Iā€™d like to see what you did with your carpet shake!

My carpet doesnā€™t come up, so I have to vacuum. Iā€™m glad you like it!

6 Likes

Thanks for your attention Bri, With the subject of Sodium, I could have rambled on for volumes but I was afraid it might be tooā€¦salty?
Love yaā€™
Garnet

9 Likes

Bonus points to Garnet for salt puns! :joy::+1:

The salt vacuum powder is a great cleaner for any carpet, but itā€™s a real lifesaver for fixed carpets! :muscle: :sparkles: Thanks again for sharing it, Ameythst :blush:

8 Likes

Yea me, I gots bonus points for something I put on potatoā€™s and to watch snails melt. Eww

7 Likes

So relieved. It took a few days but my Prosperity jar spell came to fruition today and I was approved for the loan :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations :tada: & great work

7 Likes

Great news. Congrats

8 Likes

Thatā€™s great news! Congrats!

7 Likes

Congrats, Iris- on both your successful spellwork and the approved loan! :partying_face: :heart::sparkles:

7 Likes

Yay! Congrats :clap: :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Yay :blush: CONGRATS

7 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.