:pentagram: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Symbols & Sigils

I love this!

10 Likes

I really like the idea of creating a book for all of your sigils. Thanks for the great idea.

13 Likes

My pleasure!! Its definitely handy! If you have any questions, feel free to ask anytime!! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Wow! :star_struck: You all blew this one out of the park- the entries for this challenge are stunning! :clap::tada: The assortment of freshly-made personalized sigils and beautiful exploration of favorite symbols are such a delight to see. Thank you all so much for sharing!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :pentagram: :sparkles:

15 Likes

Ok it’s not perfect, and I know the challenge is now closed, but inspired by other people I had a go at making my own sigil this morning:

17 Likes

@Athena Your son went to the right person for a tattoo design- that looks amazing, Athena! :heart_eyes: Your tattoo spellwork is sure to be a warm reminder that he is loved and has the power to make his dreams come true, that is a very powerful gift you gave him! I can see Siofra gave you some anxiety spellwork suggestions- as someone who loves tea spells, I personally love the Anti AnxieTea Potion here :tea: Good luck to your son! :raised_hands:

@LadyDennaRahl It sounds like you have incorporated sigils and symbols throughout your sacred and living spaces, Charlaine- what a great layer of protection and blessings to set around your home! :house_with_garden: Thank you for sharing!

@Garnet Congrats on your first sigil, Garnet- I think it looks stunning! Give your confidence a boost, my friend, that is a lovely sigil. Salvador Dali’s collection will be missing out, as you can start your own collection of masterpieces! :art::grinning: Great work! :sparkles:

@MeganB Your sigil is lovely, Megan, and what a worthy task to draw on sigil magick! I’m praying that Mimikyu is feeling much better and that his scale rot is on the mend! :pray::snake:

@Wysteria_Norn Bonus points for rhymes and symbol puns! :joy::+1:

@Torista Ta-dah! Look at that lovely sigil made with love from your name- I like how you used colors for each letter, the resulting combo is so fun and colorful :rainbow: Beautiful work, may your magickal name sigil serve you well! :blush:

@Artemisia So sorry to hear you’ve been stuck in a rut lately- I’m glad the theme this week helped to jumpstart your creative flow again :grinning: The bronze clay runes you’ve crafted look amazing- what a cool material to work with! They turned out gorgeous- may your new runes serve you well, Kat! :heart: And beautiful work with your sigils too- you are amazing for taking on both runes and sigils for the challenge, really great job! I’m glad you were able to try a few methods and find ways that work for you- congrats on your lovely new sigil! :partying_face:

@Susurrus Your altar is always so beautiful, Siofra- and it sounds like you had a successful cleansing of your sacred space! Lovely work and may your Evil Eye goods grant you protection and peace of mind :nazar_amulet: :two_hearts:

@Stephen It sounds like the challenge theme grabbed onto you and didn’t let go- thanks for giving in and giving sigil work a try, Stephen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The result is magickal indeed- that is a gorgeous rune crafted with intent and charged with power. The art of crafting a sigil is exactly as you say- a personal and sacred task, so I don’t think there are any right or wrong ways so long as you are following your intention. Really great job and thanks again for joining in the challenge! :star2:

@Jeannie1 I love all the elements you’ve included in your sigil work, Jeannie- you always put your heart and soul into your magick and it shines through! :sun_with_face: The result is stunning and it sounds like your sigil is fully charged with protective energy and positive blessing- may it continue to guide you and bring you joy! Beautiful work! :grinning:

@SageDove You have such a beautiful sigil charged with such pure and wholesome intent- I really love your sigil and all that it stands for, Sage Dove! :clap: I know there are some people (likely not in this forum, but elsewhere) who would jump at the sign of the manji included, but I think it is powerful to reclaim this ancient Buddhist symbol and return it to its original purpose- a symbol of peace :peace_symbol: After all, symbols without intentions are simply empty lines and shapes- all of the value is in the meaning we give and hold for them. Lovely sigil, thank you for sharing!

@Mary25 You’re very welcome, Mary- I can’t claim credit for the theme this week (all praise goes to Kasandra!) but I am really glad it is something you enjoyed! :grinning: I completely agree with you that the power of the sigil is in the intent of the caster- the lines simply exist as a holder for that intention. I love how you used technomancy to direct your intent, combine it with a release of control, and craft a very unique sigil of your own! :sparkles: Great job and thank you for sharing!

@Ostara A beautiful sigil with a powerful intent- and how neat that you inscribed it onto a stone! May your sigil and the stone that bears it serve you well and always protect you on your path :pray: Great job, Linda! :blush:

@Kasandra A huge congrats to you, Kasandra- you drew on all of your knowledge and research, combined it with your bond with Veaug and crafted something wonderful. I love how it looks so orderly and balanced on the page- it has a striking power and grace to it. And it sounds like it was a success too- although I cannot speak for Him, I would imagine He is pleased with your efforts, a sigil is a very worthy offering! :sparkles: Beautiful work!

@Amethyst Ta-dah, you did it, Amethyst! :tada: I know you were hesitant about giving drawing a try, but it looks like you had nothing to worry about- that there is a gorgeous sigil. Congrats to you on crafting such a lovely design! May it help guide you to good health, happiness, love, and the abundance of funds you are hoping for :blush: Great job!

@Franki-Moon Wow, Franki, it sounds like sigil work is a key part of your practice- that is so amazing that you keep a book of your sigils! :star_struck: The two you shared here are so intricate- even without reading the text I can see and feel what they symbolize. That is really powerful stuff- you certainly have a talent for sigil work! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely talents :heart:

@Debra2 The idea of combining affirmations and sigils is a really powerful one- it looks like you were able to go deep with your sigil exploration this week, Debra! Congrats to you on crafting your sigils, may they assist you in your spellwork and help you remember that you are indeed a strong and amazing witch :woman_mage: The pleasure is all mine, Debra- thank you so much for joining in and sharing your great entry! :sparkles:

@Christine13 I gasped when I saw your Triple Goddess candles- look at those!!! :heart_eyes: You are so creative to combine your candle talents with symbolism- and I can see some gorgeous flowers in there too, what a great thing to do! :bouquet: Oh they look so lovely, Christine- thank you so much for sharing them! :candle:

@IrisW The sigil you found is lovely, Iris, but I have to say I prefer the one you crafted yourself- it reminds me of a rising sun and new possibilities :sunrise: Plus that background really makes it pop- it’s gorgeous! :clap: And no worries about being late- you had already shared the first sigil, so I’m happy to count that. Lovely sigils, thank you for sharing them!

@CelestiaMoon That is an amazingly elaborate seal- I imagine it took a lot of time and dedication to inscribe it in your BoM, Celestia! :open_book: But however long it took I have to say I think it was worth it- it looks stunning and will be so impressive everytime you open your book :blush: I love that snake triqueta too- what a fun design! :snake: :triquetra:

@Marsha Ta-dah! The stars and sparkles there are the perfect touch- your sigil work shines brightly, Marsha! :sparkles: Congrats on finding a sigil you connected with, it sounds like you really dedicated yourself to finding the right one :blush: And yes- I believe the sigil engine crafts with your intent combined with free randomized shapes, so a different design everytime gives you lots of options to choose from! I’m glad you enjoyed it, thanks for joining it and much love back to you too! :heart:

@Mistella There are indeed many talented folks here- and you are certainly one of them, Mistella! :two_hearts: I love how you incorporated your and your son’s moons, numbers and signs to craft a very special sigil- it is beautiful! Congrats to you on your new sigil, I know your candles will display it with pride :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :candle:

@Rachel21 I’m so glad you had such a nice experience crafting your sigils, Rachel- it sounds like it was therapeutic indeed! :relaxed: Congrats to you for jumping in and opening your door into sigil magick, may it continue to bring you joy and be useful in your practice. Great job and thanks so much for joining in!

I had so much fun seeing everyone’s sigils, symbols, and explorations- gosh, I am always blown away by how talented and creative this coven is :infinite_roots: :clap:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live and badges have been awarded to all entries. Thank you all once again for joining in! :sparkles:

17 Likes

Wow! Not only well done, but very well done.
The Dragons will surely work through you and you through them.
Garnet

14 Likes

Thank you so much! I try to keep that space decluttered & looking nice. I’m happy that my efforts have paid off! I really appreciate it. I have the big :nazar_amulet: hanging on my mirror right now.

12 Likes

Thank you! It’s a bit lopsided but it’ll do! LOL!

12 Likes

I’m so late. Next time during a catch up period. The entires are super, so enjoy reading them and will continue to!

Edit, wrote a few paragraphs and finished it up this morning, different time zones. I’ll fine tune it until the next catch up. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This is awesome……& very inspiring! I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Thanks for the neat new badge.

9 Likes

He’s doing much better with his treatments and the sigil. He actually ate yesterday and it had been two weeks, so his appetite coming back is a wonderful sign!

11 Likes

Thank you! Great new badge, too!

9 Likes

@SageDove Thank you so much!! I love your name by the way. Its so beautiful!

10 Likes

Late to the party but I have made sigils for each of my deities and added them to their candles. I also use their symbols on them as well. I also use a sigil when I do my wishes and releases with the new/full moon (no pictures for that one though :frowning_face: )

15 Likes

@Susurrus Your efforts haven’t gone to waste- your space looks lovely, Siofra! :two_hearts:

@Eliza_01 I’m glad you enjoyed reading the entries too and yes, please! :blush: I’m looking forward to hearing about your sigil experience for the next Catch-Up Challenge, Eliza! :heart:

@Garnet The pleasure is all mine- thanks for joining in, Garnet! :raised_hands:

@MeganB That is wonderful to hear- I’m so glad Mimikyu is eating again and feeling better! Wishing him a continued journey back to full health, be well Mimikyu! :snake:

@Christine13 You’re very welcome, Christine- thanks again for joining in! :sparkling_heart:

@Amaris_Bane I’m sorry that it may be a bit late for a badge this round, but as long as the discussion is open additional posts are very welcome :pray: I love how you have dedicated a special candle to each of your deities- gosh, they all look amazing! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your beautiful work with sigils! :pray::two_hearts:

11 Likes

I think and feel that everyone did a wonderful job in creating their Sigils, Runes, and Altars. They all look very good. I enjoyed seeing what everyone did. :partying_face:

8 Likes

Thank you Debra.
Garnet

6 Likes

You’re welcome, Garnet.

6 Likes