What can you use eclipse water for?

Merry Meet! I am new to making moon water. And I know different moon waters can be used for different things. What is eclipse moon water used for usually?

10 Likes

Following as I don’t know the answer and maybe should have made some this time just in case… :thinking:

9 Likes

I don’t know my sister
it’s the first time I didn’t do moon water because I don’t know what to do with it next… I’d like to know too…

9 Likes

I found this article but it souds like the same way that you use regular moon water to me…
NPR eclipse rituals

And then I found this post on Reddit. It sounds like ti is good for manifestation but not to bathe or drink it.
Reddit post
@SilverBear younwere talking about this type of moon water in the weekly news. I think?

If any one has any experience would love to hear :blush: tyia

9 Likes

@celineelise as I read, it’s a good powerful moment for a spell too… :blush: :hekate_wheel:

10 Likes

You could use it in a sympathetic way. Given an eclipse is a shadow passing over something, moon water from an eclipse can be used to obscure something, hide something, or “snuff out someone’s light”, so to speak. Those are just a handful of ideas I had right off the top of my head!

9 Likes

Although the majority of the witchy community more or less agrees about the general energies of the waxing, waning, and full moons, there’s slightly less of a consensus when it comes to new/dark moons. And when it comes to eclipses, I don’t think there’s much of a “standard” of practice at all - it’s a rather chaotic time all around!

Some of the ways witches approach an eclipse are explored here:

For me personally, the eclipse has more or less come to symbolize a period of abnormality and chaos. I think it’s well-suited to chaos magick, switching things up, honing into the moment, and removing the mundane. (And, judging from the other eclipse discussion going on, Chaos and Lunar Eclipse, there are others who share the eclipse/choas correspondence too!)

Alternatively, there are those who do choose to cast magic, and do so by drawing on the unique qualities of the eclipse - like Megan said, these correspondences can be incorporated into certain types of spellwork!

Others view the eclipse as similar to a new moon- a period of darkness, with no moon visible in the sky. As such, some may choose to do the same types of spellwork they do during a new/dark moon. They may cast or rest, according to their practice.

Sorry I went a little rambly there, but the point I’m trying to make is that there are many different ways to perceive the eclipse - the most important thing is how you perceive it. Your beliefs and intention will be incorporated into any Eclipse Water you craft.

Once you know how you feel about the eclipse, you’ll know the nature of your Eclipse Water, and will then have a good idea about good ways to put it to use :+1:

Wishing you all the best - happy crafting! :droplet: :sparkles: :blush:

7 Likes