What is your favourite tarot deck or oracle deck for shadow work?

What is your favourite tarot deck and/or oracle deck for shadow work?

9 Likes

Tarot - The Dark Wood
and
Oracle - The Liminal Forest

9 Likes

Ok. I just ordered the Dark Wood and 365 Tarot Spreads. Both by Sasha Graham.

If my husband asks, I will say @Artemisia enabled me :joy:

I have used my chakra tarot but it some ways it looks too bright for shadow work although it seemed to do a good job.

However, I wanted to ensure I got a deck that helped me get into the nitty gritty.
I was leaning towards the Dark Wood tarot since I have her Secrets of the Witches tarot and I LOVE it!

9 Likes

For shadow work, it would have to be my Demon deck. They are wonderful for shadow work. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

For me, itā€™s still the Marigold tarot. :black_heart:

I mean, look at those designs. Perfect for shadow work.

But thatā€™s also just me. I like the dark. :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Those are beautiful @starborn ! But oh my! The price! I considered getting them, but I canā€™t afford that right now.

8 Likes

Great question, @Phoenix_Rose!

It depends on my mood (and how much of a punch Iā€™m willing to take :laughing:)

ā€œPlease tell it to me gentlyā€ = Soul Cats Tarot

ā€œHit me with your worstā€ = Anima Mundi Tarot

8 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s really not a cheap box set. :scream: The decks by themselves are a bit cheaper

But still quite expensive. :scream: I really hesitated to get that as my first deck. Fought it for weeks. But I figured if Iā€™m only going to use one deck (for at least a long time), I might as well get the one thatā€™s been calling to me when no others have. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Iā€™ve seen rip-offs on Temu that look pretty bad, and they just donā€™t seem worth it. They look like we couldā€™ve printed them ourselves at home. :laughing: (And then thereā€™s obviously the thing about art theft.)

8 Likes

I use a couple of decks, well maybe more appropriate a few.

ā€”> Murder of Crows Tarot By: Corrado Roi
ā†’ Shadow Journey Tarot By: J Edward & Heather Neill
ā†’ Another Oracle that I canā€™t remember as well as another tarotā€¦ but also escapes me. Iā€™ll have to look through my neverending bag of decks to find the name & author :grinning:

8 Likes

@tracyS I struggled with working with a deity. I am not ready to work with demons. Having said that, once I am more knowledgeable about deities, I will have to learn about demons as I donā€™t like to ignore something forever because I am not comfortable with it.

@starborn nice deck!

@BryWisteria @Susurrus I am going to bookmark this post so I can look back at the titles. These sound interesting.

@BryWisteria i like that you have two decks- one gentle, one not. Great idea!

8 Likes

Iā€™m with @BryWisteria, I have one that is more gentle than the othersā€¦ but at the moment canā€™t look into my bag of decks :joy:

My puppers have decided they want to distract me or help as much as possible :laughing:

8 Likes

Theyā€™ll welcome you with open arms and lots of cake. :partying_face:

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose so I went through my bag of goodies :laughing:

The tarot & oracle decks that I use are:

There are three of each. I use others when working with my deities, whether it is a shadow work thing or not. Although The Morrigan has now claimed two tarot decks, one tarot card from any deck, and one oracle deck :laughing: Brigid has one oracle deck, one tarot card from any deck, and one tarot deck. They will get their point across one way or another :rofl: One of each type of deck is very straightforward and blunt, more gentle, or somewhere in between.

8 Likes

I will have to be some of these on my ā€˜to buyā€™ list. @Susurrus I am intrigued by the cover pictures of a few of these decks.

I will research all decks listed.

Itā€™s crazy to think that when I started reading tarot I thought I would only every use one deck :joy::joy::joy:

@tracyS - I am concerned about the cakeā€¦I am trying to be good. :wink:

8 Likes

I am quite an enabler at times :laughing: Not intentionally, but I do love :heart_eyes: tarot & oracle.

8 Likes

Fair enough!! :rofl:

8 Likes

Does anyone use their shadow deck for a daily draw?

7 Likes

Iā€™ve used my Spirits and Shadows Oracle for a daily draw before. I havenā€™t in a while, but Iā€™m trying to get over my ick toward it right now because the cards were attacked by my dog :rofl: theyā€™re still usable but they have little punctures and small tears on some of the cards.

7 Likes

I only use my shadow deck for shadow work.

7 Likes

Yes, I use my demon deck for everything, they get offended if I leave them out, weird but true :person_shrugging::grin:

7 Likes