☑ What Type of Witch Are You? Coven Roll Call and POLL!

I chose neopagan, wiccan and hedge but the more i thought i about it…i am none. I am Me and my spiritual beliefs really align with my preference and commitment and cant really classify as one or the other. This would be good as a BOS ENTRY and reflection.

10 Likes

I didn’t chose. I don’t know what category I am in. I embraced who I am only recently. Maybe a year or so. I have studied read looked up written down so many things. I continue to be respectful and humble when I learn something new about myself. I have now begun to have enough confidence in myself that I have completed a few spells. I believe that I will find my place eventually. Right now I am just enjoying the magic I feel each day as I continue to find myself and embrace who I have always been.

11 Likes

I believe I’m an ancestral Witch even though I’m only 48 but I have been learning magic since I was about 6 with my great grandma, my grandmother and then my mom continued the teachings I have learned Santeria, Old world Brujeria from Spain, Voodoo, gypsy, kitchen, Green, White and Black magic. Because my grandmother said I had to learn the negative (black) to understand why the positive (white) magic is so important… So I really don’t have just one area. I love practicing them all and Love that we are all finally coming out of the broom closet and aren’t afraid to show ourselves to the world.

11 Likes

Wiccanism - The Pagan Tree

Bringing the branches together.

A community and learning center dedicated to teaching about Traditional Witchcraft, modern day Wicca, Paganism along with Universal Spirituality and applying it to your daily life.

This group is not here to discuss the pros or cons of other faiths or religions. It is here to help those who have chosen to make Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism or any of the other Nature-based paths a part of their daily lives.

We do not need to be reminded of why we made this decision, as that is just stirring the cauldron of dissent.

Wiccanism is a combination of many pagan beliefs. We acknowledge the cycles of nature, the lunar phases and the seasons to celebrate our spirituality and to honor the divine, in addition with the spirits of the elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water which combine to manifest all. The intent being that of living in harmony and achieving balance with all things.

12 Likes

I would love to surround myself with a community like this!!!

11 Likes

@dorian1 I love this community, they are the best.

11 Likes

That was fun. I like taking polls to learn more about everyone.

12 Likes

I agree @LeatriceKay82 It is fun and it is a good way to learn about everyone. It’s kind of difficult to put myself into just one category because I’m interested in so many different things! I felt like eclectic was the only one I could choose. Anyway, welcome to the forum :infinite_roots: Roxanne, it’s nice to meet you!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always!

12 Likes

I have tried to find local covens in my area but havent had any luck. I even emailed the local pagan community thru their official website! I love this site and the wealth of knowledge i have learned and the great people also but sometimes its nice to have the human contact. I am a recluse hermit by nature but have found myself not having the self confidence to pursue things due to no guidance. I am new to this path as well. My maternal side was rumored to have been wiccan(i am adopted) and i have always had a “third” eye in a sense and have been drawn to nature and spiritualism my whole life. I got off track for a number of years and suppressed it along with other areas of life with addiction. But sense seeking treatment and staying sober(4 years!!) I have been studying, researching, reading anything i can get my hands on and practicing solely wicca. Do you mind if i reach out if i ever need guidance? This is my first official witch’s new year i am celebrating! Party of 1 but it be fun! I am excited to add this new chapter to my BOS. It is very gratifying seeing it getting bigger!

11 Likes

I am an Earth Witch :earth_element: :earth_americas:with heavy Sea/Ocean Witch tendencies :ocean: :water_element:

10 Likes

Good morning :hugs:,

I probably should of just voted as an Eclectic witch considering it covers so much, but felt that the others called to me as well. It honestly goes by the day for me or rather my gut…For years I felt like I should be following a shaman path, but after reading and researching for years and going through Spells8 for almost a month lol, I feel like I also fall into the Hedge, Green, Kitchen, wholesome, Neopagan witch kind of crunch.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday :blush:!

10 Likes

This is beautifully said, @dorian1! :clap: Thank you for sharing your reflection- please feel free to add it to your BoS, I agree that it is a good thought exercise and base for a self-meditation! :blush:

It sounds to me like you have already found your place, @Lavendergirll! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Things like labels and titles can help when it comes to stability and finding direction, but they are no where near as important as finding and enjoying what you are already experiencing- may you continue to enjoy your beautiful magick and embrace the wonderful person you are! :heart:

This is beautifully said- wishing a warm welcome to you, @Emerald_Moon! :raised_hands: I think your grandmother was a very wise woman, and it sounds like the love and guidance of your family has helped you flourish in your own practice. May you continue to pursue your interests and embrace the wonders across the various areas of magick- blessed be! :sparkles:

Welcome, @Cobragirl0104! :blush: I agree wholeheartedly about the benefits of a magickal community, and the joys of having a witchy group that welcomes and celebrates those of the many various paths- there are truly so many benefits when we all come together! :handshake: :heart:

As for reminiscing about the whys and hows of the past, I agree they are not as important as the present moment, but I personally do find value in reflecting. I think that occasionally taking the time to peer deep inside can help one learn about themselves, which can help to clear blockages and which in turn can assist them in choosing a path forward :sunrise_over_mountains: This is what I have found value in doing in my personal Craft, but I acknowledge that it may not be what works best for all.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and input- wishing many blessings and much love to you!

Welcome @LeatriceKay82! :star2: I’m so glad you enjoyed the poll, and I agree- it is fun to learn more about the coven community :blush: I always get excited thinking about the diversity in the Craft, and the many various talents and skills each witch brings to the table! We all have our own areas of interest, which means there is always someone out there to help or chat when you feel drawn to learn something new :books: Very thrilling!

Please make yourself at home here- blessed be!

Welcome, @Michelle13! :earth_element: :water_element: Thank you for sharing and for joining in the poll! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It sounds like you have many wonderful magickal talents and areas of interest, @Francessca! :sparkling_heart: That is very exciting- may you continue to enjoy your studies and thrive in your practice, whatever titles/labels you choose to wear! Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

I’m not sure what label I would be yet I’m still learning.

11 Likes

I honestly chose Eclectic, at the time I wasn’t set on anything but I guess now it would be more Celtic Eclectic? Not even sure that’s a thing. Definitely heavily Celtic though :laughing:

12 Likes

I feel I am cross between eclectic and Wiccan. But I’m also just starting out lol.

12 Likes

@Dierna_Nimue_Selene see that’s what has happened to me :laughing: when I first did the poll I was still kind of figuring out things while other things were jumping out at me. It takes a little bit but you will find your footing & be the witch you are supposed to be when you are supposed to… don’t get overwhelmed, take your time to figure out what really feels right to you how it applies to you & your path :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Welcome, @danielle7 and @Dierna_Nimue_Selene ! I agree completely with Siofra- when it comes to labels and types, there is no rush and no pressure. Feel free to use them like any tool in your practice- if you adopt one (or several!) but decide they no longer serve you further down the line, then you are always free to change them and try something new. It is your wonderful magick practice- I think it’s natural if it changes and develops along with you!

Much love and blessed be! :sparkles:

12 Likes

I am and have been my whole life, a sea witch. The ocean is what classes me, body and soul, and where I find the most peace.

11 Likes

This was beautifully written, @jessinwndrlnd :ocean: :blush::sparkles: The sea is truly a source of inspiration and power!

Blessed Be and happy sea magick to you!

12 Likes

It’s always been a part of me,
Sometimes, I just got lost,
And it’s right there, to set me free,
Like casting for the past.

A twist of energy that’s always there
In line with everything I know,
Reflecting in dark water’s glare,
The past, present and future’s glow.

There’s so much more that one can say,
About the lady of the night,