What Will You Weave Today?

As I was sipping my coffee and reading my Facebook news feed this morning…I was flabbergasted at all the name calling, disagreements, and exchanges of hateful words between so called ‘friends’ in regards to politics, covid, BLM, and all the other world issues that are going on today.

I’m not going to lie, I get caught up in the arguments at times too. Ugh…(I am, but a work in progress!)

In that moment though, as I was scrolling through comments, I could actually feel myself getting angry and anxious. Not a great way to begin the day! I do not recommend!

So, I decided to go outside and clear my head. Sitting on my back steps, I gazed out into the yard, and decided to begin some meditation and grounding work. As I was settling in, that is when I noticed this beautiful spider web. The light reflecting off it caught my eye as it glistened in the early morning light. It was covered in dew and looked so magickal. It seems so delicate, but yet, we know the structure of it is very strong. As I was admiring the intricate details of it, I received a powerful message that I could not refute.

‘Don’t get caught up in a web of negativity…walk away and weave something beautiful.’

In that moment I decided to change my energy and make it happy, positive, and beautiful. I started to shed that craptastic feeling that had overcome me and I felt myself beginning to shift in a more positive light.

In today’s world with everything that is going on, we can easily be caught & tightly wound into that “web of negativity”.

Don’t become ‘cocooned’ in that spiral of negativism. Walk away and create a great day. Create a great day not only for yourself, but maybe you could aid someone else in raising their vibrational energy as well. Imagine, the world we could have if we all changed our energy to vibe the good stuff?

Now, of course, I know we are human, and we can’t always be skipping and tossing rainbows and glitter everywhere. We are allowed to have a moment, but we are not allowed to set up camp and stay there. We can have our moment but then we must move on. Shift to that higher energy. Our higher self.

As witches we need to be the example, and set those examples. “Witches do not need to fix problems. Witches fix the energy around problems. Then the problems fix themselves.” - Dacha Avelin

Use your magick and create a strong vibe within you, so that people will rise up to meet you instead of sucking you in! Make your vibrational energy a force to be reckoned with! We all have the power within us to just walk away.

Will you choose to be caught in the web or will you weave something beautiful today?

10 Likes

Absolutely beautifully said. Thank you for this reminder @SilverBear

4 Likes

Very nice and sadly true. Our social media’s are a huge circuit of negative energy for sure. I’ve got to check out the trick for rerouting all that vile nastiness in my newsfeed that @kira-marie had posted.

@SilverBear This should be a bumper sticker! :wink: :raised_hand:
Blessed Be
Off to weave,

5 Likes

What a nice thought. To change your energy to be happy and positive. Thank you for reminding me of this @SilverBear! It’s beautifully said and I can tell you put some thought of it.

6 Likes

Wonderfully said, I found that the more I am involved with FB then the more I feel not myself. I just recently started posting regularly, but then I only go back to it for a few seconds to scroll through a few things and see the pictures. I don’t discuss certain topics and will scroll right by because I do the exact same thing. I haven’t been very social today at all, I’m in my own little funk so I have typed out things and deleted them because I don’t want to bring everyone down and I have been trying to change my energy. I finally got out of bed cleaned the kitchen and got dressed, that changed my mood to a better one and I had a cup of tea. I needed to leave before I had set up camp and stayed where I was for the day.

5 Likes

@krissie Same…if you ever need to vent or just let go of the all to well known funky stuff, Im a message away, willing to listen…or read. Lol. Smile…because you’re amazing!

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Rowan I don’t know what’s going on today. I was much worse earlier. I a little better now, but I forced myself to get up, clean the kitchen, and get dressed. It came out of nowhere. I will remember that though, I will text you if it continues or next time it happens. Thank you so much.

5 Likes

I hope u feel better!

5 Likes

@walter thank you! I hope @SilverBear feels better too!

4 Likes

I still have my Facebook but I haven’t looked at it all month except to check on my kids pages for pics of grandkids. I’ve told them to send pictures directly to me cause I’m giving up Facebook! Don’t know if it will last cause it’s great to keep up with far away family and friends.

5 Likes

I am feeling better. I created an invoke Hekate spell today! It was just what I needed! Ty!

5 Likes

Awesome, I cleaned the kitchen and I got dressed to go to the store. Made a lot of difference in my mood and my daughter and husband are now home. I feel much better too

3 Likes

Perfectly put, @SilverBear!! That’s exactly how it should be!! For some reason I can read ten good news but if there’s one bad, I tend to get stuck on that one… Until I can release it and move on. But it’s not always easy!

And talking about Facebook…

Facebook

6 Likes

The web weaver left you a beautiful message to share! Thank you :heart::blush: I have FB but I can’t bare to stay on for more than a minute. I love the picture :two_hearts::spider::spider_web: reminds me of one I have on my wall. And the quote is a good example to go by!

5 Likes

That’s just terrible! What a shame! I know a lot about politics but there’s a lot I don’t. Makes me wanna run and hide under a blanket​:white_medium_square::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Beautifully said, @SilverBear! :blush: This post comes at a perfect time, as today I plan to install @kira-marie’s recommended web extension that @Rowan mentioned above (She kindly shared details in her post here). Time to cut back on the negative web :spider_web:, and replace it with messages of positivity instead! :grin:

There’s so much sad, bad, and anger-inducing content out there- I think this is a great reminder that we have some power over what we chose to see, who we chose to involve ourselves with, and what kind of content we want to support :+1:. Thanks so much for sharing this powerful moment and your generous wisdom, Laurie! :heart:

5 Likes

Let me know how you go with it and what you think. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Beautifully written! You are completely right!

5 Likes

I walk a fine line - fortunately I have Facebook, as this is how I make a living being a social media content creator. Unfortunately, I get to see all the BS that goes with it. :confused:

But after my little spider friend message, I cleaned out a lot of my newsfeed. I would look at something posted and ask, “Does this serve me well?” If the answer was no, it got unfollowed.

Of course, I left a few local news outlets as I don’t want to NOT know what is going on in the world, I don’t want to completely turn a blind eye, but at least I can limit the amount of gross. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Gross…they are part of the problem.

5 Likes