Witchy Games? šŸŽ®

Greetings to all! :grin:

As some of you know, Iā€™m a big fan of the Witch of Wonderlust on Youtube- the other day she posted a walkthrough of a beautiful and spiritual game called Year Walk :footprints:

Year Walk: In the old days man tried to catch a glimpse of the future in the strangest of ways.

Experience the ancient Swedish phenomena of year walking through a different kind of first person adventure that blurs the line between two and three dimensions, as well as reality and the supernatural.

[Description from Steam Game Store]

Here is Part I from the Witch of Wonderlust channel:

As someone who works partly in the game industry, I always love to see games that focus on magick and spirituality in creative ways :star_struck:. Iā€™ll be getting this game to play for myself- just holding off for the Steam Lunar New Year Sale! :red_gift_envelope::laughing:

It got me wondering- where are my witchy gamers at? :video_game::sparkles:

If youā€™ve got a great game to recommend, feel free to give a shout! :grin:

And if you have other witchy media to recommend, you may want to check out:

Happy playing and Blessed be! :video_game::sparkles:

11 Likes

I LOVE Olivia!! She is one of my favorite channels Iā€™m subscribed to. I was wondering what those videos were about but didnā€™t have time to check them out, Iā€™ll be looking at them now for sure. I love games of all kinds. Board, PC, Xbox, I play them all!

Have you heard of Ori and the Blind Forest? I literally cried watching the story play out. The visuals, the musicā€¦ everything about that game is breathtaking to me. I really do get lost in it.

8 Likes

I like Olivia, too! I didnā€™t get to watch this video though. Iā€™ll watch it when I have spare time later on. I love any games to, like @janelle :grin::heartbeat: thank you so much for this @BryWisteria

5 Likes

I havenā€™t had a chance to watch her videos of this walkthrough, but it does look fun!

I actually like to play Town of Salem which isnā€™t necessarily witchy, but itā€™s a fun sort of who-dun-it game. Just gotta watch out for the vulgar jerks like any other game you can play online with other people.

4 Likes

Ori is on my wishlist in Steam! :heart_eyes: My partner played it and said it is a breathtaking (albeit heartbreaking) game! Iā€™ve watched a few clips on YouTube and am waiting for the right moment to play it. It looks like a masterpiece! :grin:

Youā€™re very welcome, Christina! :two_hearts: I know itā€™s tough to choose, but do you have a favorite game? :blush:

A new one- I havenā€™t heard of Town of Salem! It sounds like a fun mystery strategy game. Iā€™ll have to check it out- thanks for the tip, Megan! :heart:

I played through this simple but emotional and sweet game the other day. Itā€™s earthy and magical and worth a play!

Itā€™s called AER: Memories of Old :bird:

5 Likes

I found another witchy game that has me hooked! I was able to finish the demo (available to play for free through Steam or Itch) and I couldnā€™t help but recommend it here! :woman_mage: :sparkles:

Itā€™s a fantasy indie that is a bit dark, but the story revolves around Slavic Folklore which Iā€™ve been really interested in lately.

Here is the description from Steam:

ā€œBlack Bookā€ is a dark RPG Adventure, based on Slavic myths, in which you play as a young sorceress. Fight evil forces in card-based battles and explore the world, where humans live alongside mythological creatures.

These days it takes me quite a while to get through a game, and this one looks like it may be a long one! But itā€™s got me hooked so far- if you enjoy games like this, I recommend checking it out! :video_game: :sparkles::blush:

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts as a witchy game, but one of my favorite games of all time is The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. Itā€™s an open world game based on The Witcher books by Andrzeji Sapowski. It has magic, ghosts, werewolves, vampires, and sorceresses in it. Iā€™ve clocked roughly three-hundred hours on it. The game is incredibly detailed and is probably the best game made by CD Projekt Red. Itā€™s been six years since it was released and players are still finding things they didnā€™t know was there.

5 Likes

Destiny is all I have time for in games hey it is a space magick Western of sorts and I do main a Warlockā€¦

4 Likes

@Kasandra Yes, yes, yes! :heart_eyes: My partner and I LOVE The Witcher- itā€™s a very dark and gritty game, but itā€™s also sprinkled with lots of fun and hilarious moments too. As someone who works in game development, that game always comes up in discussions- it is a work of narrative design genius (there are so many paths to take and ways to play it!). Plus bonus points that itā€™s from Poland- itā€™s been helping me learn some local legends, folklore, and even some words too :laughing: :+1:

@Jim Wow! Iā€™m not too familiar with Destiny, but ā€œSpace Magick Westernā€ sounds like itā€™s got something fun for everyone! :blush: And awesome that you can play as a Warlock! :sparkles:

5 Likes

It has been around for a long long time. Made by Bungie and the next expansion is named Witch Queen LOL. Sir Paul McCartney Worked on some of the original music back in the day.

4 Likes

Ohhh an expansion named ā€œWitch Queenā€ is definitely interesting! :star_struck: Itā€™s always fun to find a world that you love- I hope you continue to enjoy Destiny, Jim! :blush:

2 Likes