Witchy Wisdom: Share a Topic you’re learning about

I can’t remember the last time I fully remembered any dream. If I do remember anything its something very small or short? Like that so & so was in it… but that’s it. 99.9% of the time it’s like I go to bed & then wake up with nothing in between, I kind of feel the same way that at some point, I just stopped dreaming!

8 Likes

I’m learning the magic of singles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

email this morning of Ancient Grimoires PDF: Free Occult Downloads. Now I have the summers reading list and the next 2 or more years of study and practice lined up. Not to mention all the other stuff to learn on here. :dragon:

12 Likes

Right know I am working with the pendulum! I opened my circle then I started asking questions in my mind eye that has been in the back of my subconscious mind. I want to try to dig deeper into my mind. I am using the pendulum for healing.
Jeannie

12 Likes

Love this poem!

10 Likes

I am all over the map learning. I haven’t settled on one thing. I am learning tarot but I want to expand to something else and almost everything else interests me. I think I may lave it up to fate and put a bunch of ideas down on pieces of paper and draw from a hat!

@Susurrus i didn’t realize biddytarot had free courses. I will look into those…:chipmunk:

8 Likes

Well I have filled a bag with topics to study/ work on so I won’t flit around so much. The first topic is shadow work. So I have started with the Spells8 course. There are like 20 to 30 little chits of paper with topics on them.
Oh, cool thing, a few days ago my mom brought me a black mirror as she has two of them. I do believe mirrors come into play while doing shadow work.
Edit: ok as I am reading about shadow work (still preliminary) I think the black mirror is more for scrying. :grimacing:

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose yes! Biddy Tarot has free courses & those were how I started with them :hugs:

Shadow Work can be enlightening & somewhat daunting, not for everyone but it happens. I did mine & then worked through some things that had come up with my therapist & psychiatrist.

I don’t have or use a black mirror, but I have heard of them being used for scrying. :wink:

Biddy Tarot: Free Resources

9 Likes

I just realized (thank you @Phoenix_Rose) that I have a few things I am doing or plan on doing:

• Continuing with my Biddy Tarot certification (that has been on pause for a couple of months during my whirlwind :tornado: of happenings)
  • I did take smaller courses (about 5 minutes each with a 30-day journal) on working with Brigid through Brigid’s Forge with Orlagh Costello & learned some simple things to add to my practice with her including some prayers in Old Irish :hugs: through that I found, well was referred to a translation site that does a better with it than Google Translate.
  • I plan on reading more books :books: on Brigid & I have others to read on the Morrigan :raven: & the translated Irish stories of them & the Tuatha de Danaan. I also have some Witchy Self-Care books in there too… so everything else is on a to be read wishlist :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
  • I have been watching videos & perusing the Irish Pagan School along with Brigid’s Forge (Orlagh from Brigid’s Forge also does work & teaches with Lora & Jon O’Brien from the Irish Pagan School) I receive emails :incoming_envelope: from both of them with great information.
  • I have done a few challenges on the Eclectic Green Witchery by our @SilverBear, still working on one I believe (that goes back to that whirlwind :tornado:) The one with simple yoga poses for the morning :sunrise: was very helpful & makes my back & hips feel better in the AM. I have gone down a total of 70 mg a day of my pain medicine… from 80 mg a day (I was taking 40 mg twice a day) to 10 mg once a day :heart_eyes:

Now just to kind of get back to my daily things & I am going to start back with the Biddy Tarot before jumping into all the others or I will get overwhelmed & burned out :flushed: I really need to start with my Biddy Tarot & want to kind of review the information I had done before I ultimately stopped the module. Like a refresher of what I know to kind of get back to where I was before life imploded. :grin:

11 Likes

I just ‘discovered’ (for myself) the original Lord’s Prayer translated from the Ancient Aramaic.

I wanted to share it with you all because it may surprise many as it pleasantly did me.
It’s not what you may have been taught to believe it is

The Lords Prayer (thenazareneway.com)

The Prayer to Our Father in the Original Aramaic

Aramaic tile210x237
Abwûn O cosmic Birther, from whom the breath of life comes,
d’bwaschmâja who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.
Nethkâdasch schmach May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.
Têtê malkuthach. Your Heavenly Domain approaches.
Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d’bwaschmâja af b’arha. Let Your will come true in the universe (all that vibrates) just as on earth (that is material and dense).
Hawvlân lachma d’sûnkanân jaomâna. Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need,
Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikâna daf chnân schwoken l’chaijabên. detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma) like we let go the guilt of others.
Wela tachlân l’nesjuna Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),
ela patzân min bischa. but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.
Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l’ahlâm almîn. From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act, the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.
Amên. Sealed in trust, faith and truth. (I confirm with my entire being)

16 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn This is interesting indeed. I’ve recited this prayer by heart for nearly 25 years when I was in the church, left in 2020. This prayer has much more depth. Alot has been lost in translation I guess. It’s quite a beautiful prayer. Thankyou for finding this. Blessings :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you. I was elated when I saw a video on it and was desperate to share it with Spells8.
At best, it allows for a greater expanse of worship.
It’s more inclusive because the godhead, like most angels and demons, isn’t ascribed a gender. Since they do not sexually reproduce, that makes sense.
Also, vibrations, the scientific underpinning of our existence, is mentioned immediately and as a direct function of the godhead.
Obviously, it is the favorite version of those who call themselves New Age.
I can see where those who are against Evangelical Christianity (which is not Christianity, by the way), those who are Gnostics, Qabbalists, witches, pagans, etc., who are seeking to broaden their practice may find this to be a beautiful addition.
Thanks again!

12 Likes

Oh wow, this is beautiful! :blush:
I much more connect with this version :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn
This makes so much more sense :thinking: than what I was taught as a child!
Thank you! :pray: :heart:

11 Likes

@Susurrus I frequently notice the times 11:11 or 1:11, sometimes for several consecutive days, once or even twice a day. Each time i see these moments, I’m filled with so much excitement, as there’s a beautiful story attached, particularly to :heart_eyes: 11:11. :four_leaf_clover: I greet whoever might be reaching out me during these moments, saying hello! I’ve been more in tuned lately to other numbers as well.

Much love to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunny:

15 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Learning About Servitors

A post was split to a new topic: Seasons of the Witch - Samhain Oracle Cards

I love this!!! The knowledge of the universe is ever evolving & providing us with an endless amount of learning materials! I have recently been researching bone magic and how to incorporate it into my craft :black_heart::wilted_flower:

Blessed Be to all in your journey through this magical adventure we call life :crescent_moon: :hekate_wheel:

8 Likes

I’m mostly learning about candel magick right now but i was reading another post about empaths. I definatly am an empath of some level l, i have the reputation in my family to be able to calm anyone down with out saying much. Most of the time im handed the crying child and after about 5 minutes they are relaxed and ready to play again or asleep. Since i found this place i have learned alot about myself!

10 Likes

That’s exciting, Marie! :bone: :sparkles:

Many blessings to you too- wishing you all the best as your magickal journey continues :blush:

It sounds like you have some wonderful talents and magickal abilities, Marissa- that’s awesome! Being able to calm an upset child is a very sweet and helpful ability to have :heart:

I’m happy to hear you’ve been learning lots- may you continue to thrive in your magickal studies! :books: :blush:

8 Likes