Color Association(s): Yellow
Elemental Association(s): Air :wind_face:
Deity Association(s): Freya, Elves

Herbal Association(s): Flax
Tree Association(s): Ash

Astrological Association(s): North Node
Month/Days: October 13 – October 28

Chakras: Crown, Heart
Tarot Card(s): The Sun :sun_with_face: , 3 of Cups :cup_tarot: , 6 of Wands :wand_tarot:

Magickal Uses: Wunjo :wunjo: is a wishing rune & can be used to invoke happiness. It is a great rune of healing, especially for torments of the spirit or emotion. Draw Wunjo :wunjo: on your forehead to help ease the symptoms of depression, & chant it to help brighten your day.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Friendship, Happiness, Kinship, Peace, Wishes, Kinship, Joy, Harmony, Success,

Principle of ideal harmonization. Good sign in business & prosperity. Truly enjoying company of others, Happy relations, Optimism renewed.

Fan the flames of joy amidst the ice & melt away all that stands between your fear & your truth. Understand that there is a time for all things & the connections that fuel you the hearts that nourish you, the songs & sirens that propel you. Hold these flickers of light in the highest regard & your truth will always be near.

Joy is our blood right, illumination the dark recesses with the isolation of evolution of my higher consciousness my true will. Embodying that light I allow my inner chalice to overflow, spilling out & invigorating these celebrations called life.

All manners of happiness & well being difficult situations resolved, optimism renewed surprise development leads to change, better, truly blessed by higher realms. Taking a balanced approach increase bliss & harmony. Practice recognizing what’s going well & will bring more well-being leads to feeling satisfied & at peace with your life.

Adjust view, focus on what brings you joy.

Brightstave/Upright: Social & domestic harmony can be expected. Separation from pain or the ability to cope with it is indicated. Keep ideals in mind, strive for them. Either good physical health is indicated, or attention should be paid to it. Strive to bring together disparate elements in your life organize things. Harmonize relationships a person is social services may be signified.

Merkstave/Reversed: Stillificatio of the individuality in the group mind is suggested. The blurring of individual efforts & minimalization of the individual ego can lead to loss of identity. Stoppage of the Wunjo :wunjo: force results in alienation as inner alienation from the self & from the gods.

Wunjo Rune Meditation - Magin Rose

Sources:

Chamberlain, Lisa. Runes for Beginners: A Guide to Reading Runes in Divination, Rune Magic, and the Meaning of the Elder Futhark Runes . Chamberlain Publications, 2018.

Kristina, Jillian. “Wild Runes Deck - Tamed Wild.” Nashville Metropolitan Area, Nashville, 2020. Wild Runes Deck

McCoy, Daniel. “Runes.” Norse Mythology for Smart People , 8 Feb. 2019, Runes - Norse Mythology for Smart People.

Simonds, Josh. The Beginner’s Guide to Runes: Divination and Magic with the Elder Futhark Runes . Rockridge Press, 2020.

Thorsson, Edred. Big Book of Runes and Rune Magic: A Complete Guide to Interpreting Runes, Rune Lore, and the Art of Runecasting . Red Wheel/Weiser, 2018.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for the pronunciation guide- I would not have guessed it was pronounced like that! Wow, even saying “Wunjo” sounds like a happy celebration. This is such a feel-good and cheery rune! :sparkles::blush:

I love learning about the runes from your posts, @Susurrus- I may be learning slowly, but every little bit that sticks is a big step in the right direction. These posts of yours are greatly appreciated! :pray::heart::wunjo:

4 Likes

This is very interesting. I am learning about Runes and their historical importance. Also learning that most of what we know about the Celtic, Druid and Nordic cultures come from either the Romans or early Christians. Thus unfortunately their are some biases.

5 Likes

I love learning about a different Rune :wunjo: each week, thank you so much for sharing this.
Blessings :magic_wand:

4 Likes

I really appreciate these posts and so enjoy learning about Runes. Thank you for your time into doing these. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

No problem! I love doing these posts, I think it’s something that anyone learning about runes could use & have at least most of the information they would like.

There isn’t too much on the deity associations because depending on the source, the myths are different or they are long-winded & from a book so it’s a lot to try & put into my own words when it comes to lore or history or deity associations. (I hope that makes sense). I also don’t work with the Norse pantheon, so I can’t say much past what is in the books about how to work with them. So I try to keep it to Divination meanings & associations. :smiling_face:

Thank you for enjoying them each week. Next Tuesday will be the start of Heimdal’s Aett with Hagalaz :haglaz:

5 Likes