2021 Intentions Jar

2021 Spell - Intentions Jar

You can use whatever you need to use in this jar that will represent and attract your intentions for 2021. I created a sigil to add which I will attach. Feel free to use it. It represent love and protection.

You will also need:

Jar with lid

Red Candle & Matches or Lighter

Sage, Palo Santo, or Cedar Incense

Paper & Pen

Inside my jar is:

• Rose Quartz: love, harmony in relationships, and self-love

• Hibiscus: love

• Rosemary: home blessing, purification, cleansing

• Cinnamon: healing, protection, speeds up spells, love

• Bay leaf: healing, protection, wishes

• Lavender: happiness, purification

• Salt: protection, purification

My intentions for this jar are: Love, blessings, & protection.

Begin by cleansing your materials with sage, cedar incense or Palo Santo.

As you add each item to your spell jar speak your intention out loud.

Examples:

“I add this Rose Quartz which brings abundance in love and harmony to myself and in my relationships.”

“I add this Rosemary which brings with it, blessings, purification, and cleansing to my home and all who enter it.”

“I add cinnamon for healing, love, and protection.”

Etc.

Once you are done laying your items, write each intention on a piece of paper and fold them three times (three represents growth, inspiration, guidance, and manifestation)

ONE intention per paper.

Meditate on each intention for a few moments before moving onto the next.

Remember you always want to word things like they are happening in the present tense. As I stated above, my intentions are for love, blessings and protection, so here are some examples of the intentions inside my jar.

“I am blessed with a beautiful life.”

“I give and receive love.”

“I am protected and so are all those who enter my home.”

“Every cell in my body radiates loving energy”

“I am safe & blessed”

Once you are done adding all your items, close your bottle and seal it with your red candle wax. Red can be used for love, protection, grounding, courage, strength, lust, passion, inspiration, and new beginnings.

Once your spell bottle is closed, do not open it again until your intention has come to fruition.

Place your spell bottle where it makes the most sense to you.

If it is a spell bottle for deflecting negative energy at the workplace, keep it near your workspace.

If your spell bottle is for creating love and passion with your spouse, keep it near your bed on a nightstand.

Once some time has passed and you feel your jar is not “working” give it some attention and revisit your jar. Give it a little shake and meditate over it.

If you have very different intentions, for example you want to bring abundance in finances, but you also want to have abundance in your love life – you should do two different jars. Finances and love life are very different intentions, so TWO different jars will be needed.

If you want to bring abundance in love (nonromantic love), blessings and protection one jar will work just fine.

If you feel your jar has been successful, deconstruct the jar, take out nonflammable items and place them aside. All items that can be burned do so now. Once the ashes are cooled, toss them into the wind, and thank the Universe.

ALWAYS BE THANKFUL when your intentions come to life. A lot of people forget this part. :slight_smile:

The nonflammable items can be cleansed to reuse in another spell.

18 Likes

Love this positive spell. I like stating the intended intention of each item added. It seems to anchor the meaning. You are always so good at researching and I really appreciate that @SilverBear. Thanks for posting.
It is going into the BOS for sure.

7 Likes

Oh this is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing :heart:

8 Likes

@SilverBear, thank you for sharing the spell! I think I will be using this spell in combination with the bay leaves spell…Thank you!!

7 Likes

Love the positivity in this jar for 2021. I think that I will do an intention jar after I write down my intentions in my Intentions notebook. I’m still thinking of what I would like, I want to start out small and work my way up to bigger things. I bookmarked this one to use as a guide for my own. Thank you so much @SilverBear

7 Likes

This is beautiful! I should make one. Thank you @SilverBear for sharing your magic with us! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Gorgeous, @Silverbear! A wonderful way to welcome in 2021. Thanks so much for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Love this idea. Does anyone have any suggestions for materials to use for abundance in creative energy, or success in creative persuits? For example, finishing projects, staying motivated, that sort of thing? Not necessarily financial abundance, just want to feel like I have the capacity to achieve all my creative goals.

7 Likes

Abundance - oak, plum, walnut, pine, peach, bay, coffee, apple, mint, jasmine, patchouli, cedar and cinnamon.

Journaling - people who write specific goals are more successful.

• 25 percent of people abandon their New Year’s resolutions after one week.
  • 60 percent of people abandon them within six months. (The average person makes the same New Year’s resolution ten separate times without success.)

The secret to accomplishing what matters most to you is committing your goals to writing. Writing forces you to clarify what you want. Imagine taking a trip with NO destination.

How would you pack?
What road would you take?
How would you know when you arrived? – lol I know sounds silly but this can be applied to all aspects of your life.

Weight Loss Goals
Home Improvement Goals
Educational Goals
Relationship Goals
Spiritual Practice Goals… etc. etc. etc.

10 Likes

Welcome, @katy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Silverbear shared some fantastic advice, adding to that I’m happy to recommend my go-to creativity booster: the crystal Carnelian :gem: :heart:

Carnelian- a red/orange stone of the flesh, it is commonly used to boost both creativity and motivation.

It takes a central role in this Motivation and Creativity Spell. You may also find inspiration in some of the Art Witch threads throughout the forum :art:

Good luck and happy creating, Katy! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

I made an Intention Jar for Protection, Peace, and Prosperity in my new home using Laurie’s pattern, but my own correspondences for my intentions.

. Thank you again Laurie!

6 Likes

Your intention jar is beautiful, @wendy4! May it welcome in many blessings for you in this new year :pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

I love that you placed it on a chessboard! :chess_pawn:

We play in order to gain a thorough knowledge & understanding of the principles of the game. We play with love and devotion.

5 Likes

I got the idea from Laurie Cabot’s Book of Shadows. She calls its use in spells The Game of Life.

4 Likes