A little Forgiveness Ritual

Think of someone you are mad at or have been angry or upset with.

Holding onto that energy doesn’t hurt them. It hurts YOU. One of the greatest benefits of forgiveness is that it releases YOU from the bondage of your past pain and suffering.

Release those low vibrations today.

You need:

1 bay leaf or piece of paper

1 pen

1 fireproof dish

1 lighter or matches

Write the person name on the bay leaf or the piece of paper.

Think about that person.

Think about what it feels like to allow forgiveness to crawl into your heart.

Think about being at peace and free of suffering.

Forgiving someone doesn’t FREE them of their actions. It frees YOU of pain.

Forgiveness does not erase the past, but looks upon it with compassion.

When you are ready, hold the paper/leaf and repeat:

I release the anger I have for you.

I release the pain inside of me.

These feelings do not serve me well.

The bonds of pain and suffering are broken.

Healing energy flows through me now.

I am free.

So mote it be.

Now take that leaf or paper and burn it.

Toss it in your fireproof dish and watch the pain and suffering being burned away.

Once the ashes are cool, toss them outside off the property.

31 Likes

This is lovely, I’m definitely adding it to my BOS for use when I need it. Right now I can’t think of anyone that I would need it for, but I’m sure I will in the future.

9 Likes

So mote it be! :pray: Thanks for this spell, Laurie!! Wishing you a happy waning moon! :last_quarter_moon:

10 Likes

Beautiful and powerful :relieved::pray: I am loving these bay leaf spells lately- this one is a new favorite! Thanks so much for sharing, @Silverbear :heart:

8 Likes

A little tip with this spell… you can also add your own name to the leaf. We often project negative self talk and anger towards ourselves. This is a lovely way to release that. :smiley:

13 Likes

Gosh, this is fantastic! Thanks for sharing @SilverBear! :heart:

9 Likes

I’m with @Susurrus I’m adding this to my big book! Thanks again @SilverBear for another wonderful spell :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

This had me in tears! So simple yet so hard to do or say. I hope it’s ok to add this to my newbie book. Under what moon should this be done under?

13 Likes

I would do this with a Waning moon. The moon being partially illuminated, and decreasing in size. This represents a time of reflection, purging or decluttering. Time to let go of people, feelings, and things that no longer serve you. :green_heart:

11 Likes

I have a kind of similar spell, but for love. Bay leaf is so used on spells, I love it.

10 Likes

Definitely a spell I’ll try! Thanks for sharing! Will add this to my BOS! :hugs:

7 Likes

This is really good, I feel like forgiveness is something I always need to take inventory of because the old wounds always come up again and again.
And I am working on this spell tonight only I need to do my meditation first before going into this space. :star_struck:
I really want to

5 Likes

Jeanie, I think that’s what they mean when they say, I can forgive but I’ll never forget. It’s like, “I forgive you.” But I’ll never forget, you SOB.
Garnet

6 Likes

Garnet,
One of the things I wrote On my spiritual inventory was the fact that my uncle broke my nose and I have tried over and over to forgive him but I can never forget the trauma that I went through after he broke my nose! I see him and there’s always a sense of nervousness because I’m afraid in a sense that he could just snap. So yeah he was an “SOB”!

Jeannie

4 Likes

Jeannie1 In manibus numinum

Miss Jeanie,
Some eastern beliefs do, believe in Karma which essentially means 'What goes around, comes around. I like this one, a-lot.
Their ‘sin’ (if you please,)is in the Cosmos & it will eventually do a return to sender. I know that sounds like drama but Karma is no a lady.
""Forgive & forget? "That’s essentially Christian dogma and not a bad rule to live by.
Both beliefs are just and true.
My bit of nonsense, :upside_down_face: everybody must make their own choices as to what they believe and want to accomplish.
Stay well, be blessed and know you all, be loved.
Garnet

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. This is exactly what i was looking for. So mote it be. :pray::hugs:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.