Banishing spells for a disease?

I’m curious if you can use a simple banishing spell to banish things like diseases from your life. So I came across a simple banishing spell that calls for you to draw a pentagram on the paper in purple ink then wrote what you want to banish in black ink fold the paper a particular way then wrap it in with and purple strings. Say the incantation and then either bury, burn, or carry the paper with you. Would it help to do this with the name of a disease such as Rheumatoid Arthritis or Covid?

8 Likes

Hi Wendy :wave:

I say it’s worth a shot, but with things like Rheumatoid Arthritis, I don’t think you can just banish it and expect it to be gone forever. I wish that were true because I’m dealing with an issue with Scapular dyskinesis and Sjogren’s Syndrome that I just want gone :bomb: However, I do think it’s possible to use magick and spellwork to help alleviate symptoms and make them less, but these always need to go hand-in-hand with taking medication, working with your doctors, doing stretches, etc. Magick and spellwork should never be the only thing you do.

9 Likes

I agree with what Megan said. Always use your Magic responsibly and if necessary, with supervision of a healthcare professional.

Things that can help:

Chant a spell or affirmation while frequently washing your hands with soap. Some affirmations for this time:

• “My body shines with its own light, my body is healthy.”
  • “My body is a perfect and happy home for my soul to live in”.
  • “Every day I wake up full of joy and wellbeing.”

And of course the solitary witch’s ritual of social distancing.

Also, don’t go to bed thinking about getting sick. :zzz: Take the last minutes of your day to think of positive feelings, distract yourself or repeat the affirmations above. Otherwise you will carry negative thoughts into the next day and possibly into your drams which will cement them.

If you are thinking too much about covid or another disease, allow yourself to take a break from it. Go for a walk, have some tea, or do something that will disconnect you from that train of thought.

9 Likes

What I suggest is not so much a spell as a sort of therapeutic bath. Pathogens like bacteria and virus are sensitive in many aspects to heat. A fever is the immune response to kill pathogens with heat.
Native Americans used Sweat Lodges to create an artificial fever. Also in a Sweat Lodge ceremony, sage is burned. Sage when breathed in also kills pathogens. Sweat Lodges are difficult to construct and use, they require at least two people to set up. They’re alsovery dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.
The next best thing, is a hot shower or even better; a hot bath, real hot, but not scalding. While in the tub, use lavender Epsom salt to draw out harmful things from your body and burn sage. If you light the room with a single candle you can meditate.
We see a lot of people in nursing homes die, they often only get a sponge bath. Their body temperature is not significantly raised.
Some bacteria love it hot. Some form a protective shell around them. So it’s not a 100% method. Also, I’m not a medical professional so do your own research on the subject. I just don’t see how a nice hot bath and smelling sage could hurt anyone.
That’s my thoughts on the subject.

7 Likes

I did try it for Covid. Not because we actually have it but because I’m sick and tired of dealing with “ so and so at work got tested for Covid if they’re positive I have to quarantine for 2 weeks”. It’s happened twice already and having everyone home and trying to do work/ school work is too stressful for me. I’m hoping it is enough to keep it out of my life, in addition to the usual social distancing and masks.

5 Likes

I’m with @Francisco and @MeganB on this. Science and belief should go hand in hand. Our magic is great at relieving fear, stress, emotional pain (but still see professionals for meds and therapy). Lessons we learn from nature may even protect us from disease. The best weapons we have from covid, though, are social distancing, masks, sick people staying home, avoiding crowded areas, and possibly people over 40 getting a booster of their MMR vaccine.

Like @john4 said, we’re not medical professionals so do your own research to be sure. Talk to your healthcare provider. Let them take science as far as our can go, all the while allowing belief to bring you peace.

I saw I quote once that I love,

Worry forgets the good things that hope remembers.

Remember your magical practices during covid, through your stress, and through the pain from your autoimmune. And trust the professionals. These things do not last forever. People have a funny way of getting themselves into dark places only to find out at also make great nightlights.

6 Likes

Were the same in our Company; three if us carrying the Company because everyone else is out for COVID19. They say they’re Asymptomatic. In ither words, not really sick.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re having a rough time in your company. Do any of them have the option of working remote? I know several people were out in my mom’s office. Several people that my boyfriend and dad work with were out, too. My brother and sister-in-law had a mild case of COVID and thank the Gods my nephew didn’t end up catching it.

Just because they’re asymptomatic doesn’t mean they aren’t a health concern for everyone surrounding them. As a child, I actually carried the virus for strep throat. Normally I was asymptomatic but every few weeks I ended up getting strep throat. I could have passed along strep throat to anyone I came in contact with if I didn’t have good hand hygeine or shared drinks and, as a 11-12yo, I probably did.

4 Likes

While banishing spells, praying to a Daemon and the likes are true on our lives as practitioners. Is your mind and the Magick within us, that can give to us that extra mile in our health. Maintaining that balance on what we consume and the time to meditate. To connect to the Source in & around us. For some Gaia, to others Pacha Mama, or none. Still that spark is in us, just have to work with it. Understanding that our body is not us, only a reflection of who you are and to be seen. Has all organic being, susceptible to be damaged by the factor of time. Now COVID-19 is another thing, but not impossible to be beaten.

5 Likes

I’m a Dispatcher for a Security Company. Last February when COVID19 hit, I was sent to guard area hospitals. We couldn’t get many in our Company to do it. So, I worked 12 on 12 off February to mid June. Never saw a single person come in with the symptoms described for COVID19. Saw a lot of sick people though. I guarded the screeners at the ER entrance. Later guarded the Nurses administering the Nasal poke test. I asked why poke a person in the very back of their sinus cavity. The nuse all in Hazmat gear said it’s where the virus lives. That makes no sense, wouldn’t a cotton swab at the front of the nose pick it up if it’s so easy to spread? Never saw a single case. Now I’m back at Dispatch. I did read a few weeks back about a sharp rise in pneumococcyl pneumonia, from wearing masks.
There’s something fishy about this whole thing.

4 Likes

Regardless of what people believe concerning things like autoimmune diseases, cancer, and covid-19, please trust your medical professionals. Many in science work to understand nature and witchcraft works to be one with nature. Science isn’t the enemy, it’s a friend.

5 Likes

I agree, for me I consider a enemy those who made the virus to get out of control; not referring to the Chinese either. The medical staff are doing their best, even dying for helping people.
Is those above the medical staff, above CDC, Pharmaceuticals and the list goes on. This people are the ones we should have concerns of. But this is another thread to discuss.

3 Likes

I have hEDS and a few other comorbid conditions that are either congenital/hereditary or caused by the hEDS over time. As for viruses, saying a chant or having a cleansing ritual isn’t a bad idea. I do a cleansing shower each week and then I have little things I say when washing my hands or sanitizing them. Mostly for the medical issues, there is a medicine chant/prayer that can be said, I will look again in past posts for it, but I have consulted with my primary care physician whenever I am going to try something natural or different to make sure that it won’t interfere with any other treatments I may be using at the time.

@Amethyst was it you that had the medication prayer? Do you remember the post that it was under? I can’t find it & I thought it was you that had written it. I meant to write it down, but my brain switched off shortly after & I have lost it & switched computers since then.

I found some other posts that may be helpful:

Medicinal and Magickal- an Introduction to Heather! :herb:
Fighting and Preventing Illness: Herbs and Plants for Immunity :herb:

6 Likes

I found the post that has different ones in it… it was Group Discussion/Tea Time from the Summer so it’s in the comments.

(Group Ritual- Aug 27) :coffee: Tea and Talk as a Coven

“Lord Apollo please bless this medicine to their needs so they can work to the best of it’s abilities. With harm to none, so mote it be.” And then I wait for a moment and say “Thank you.” (the lovely @Amethyst gave us the prayer)

I printed it out this time. :hugs:

6 Likes

I’m going to share to all a prayer for health to Lord Verrine, from one of my books. No need to use it if you don’t feel comfortable, but for the sake of knowledge.

Prayer for Health Lord Verrine, I come to you burdened with illness [be more specific here if you can be, whether the illness is emotional, mental, or physical]. Allow your divine light to heal me. Touch my soul with compassion; touch my heart with courage; touch my mind with wisdom. Bring me health in body and spirit that I may do my will and honor this life I have with all my strength. Touch gently this life, also divine, now and forever. Amen.

4 Likes

@pedros10 oh thank you! I will use it! I need all the help I can get some days! I hope that @wendy8 is able to use it too.

4 Likes

Do a search of Lord Verrine, so you can be familiar with this Being; besides of the knowledge of to whom you’re praying to, and to not have conflict with the system you usually use on your daily practice.

4 Likes

Yes… I was just looking up Lord Verrine while I was eating dinner :rofl: :joy: :upside_down_face:. Great minds think alike! I work with Brigid & have connected with her quite well. So knowing who I’m praying to is something I take care in doing.

4 Likes

Good to know and a smart move to do indeed. I can give more resources about Verrine if you want to. That if not searching in the same website that I use. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Well now I’m intrigued about website you go to, if you wouldn’t mind sharing? I found a couple of them with some basic information. I go to websites and print out the information, it’s easier for me to read & retain the information than saving it on my computer. I guess I’m showing my age, I need a hardcopy of it. Plus, I can add it to that part of my BOS.

4 Likes