Can't Burn Sage? Try This!

Some people can not burn things due to rules at the dwelling, allergies or they just don’t like the smell of it!

You can still get the same cleansing without the smoke!

Smokeless Smudging Mist to the rescue!

What you need:

Amber Glass Bottle - never use plastic. Essential oils should not be stored in plastic containers, as some properties in many essential oils will break down the plastic , which can destroy the oil and often cause leakage.

Crystal Infused Moon-water (this is believed to raise the energy to a higher vibration in which attributes to becoming more beneficial and healing) You can use spring water if you do not have moon water.

Pure Organic Essential Oils of Sage, Cedarwood, & Lavender

1 small clear quartz crystal. The crystal should have been used to infuse your moon water ahead of time. If you don’t have moon water you can use spring water and infuse that with your crystal as well. Clear Quartz is safe to be submerged in water.

25 Drops Sage: A traditional smudging herb with multiple purposes such as healing, protecting, empowering, clearing space and can be used in any kind of ceremony or ritual. Typically used for removal and cleansing of negative energy. Sage neutralizes existing negativity and makes a psychic shield against tensions. Historically used to clear the air of negativity.

15 Drops Cedarwood: A majestic tree that expresses a great spiritual strength. Can be known to help with chronic stress and depression. Cedar is a traditional Native smudge that brings both cleansing and healing to oneself and their space. Cedar is an herb of purification and protection. Guards against all negative influences and dark energy/thoughts.

10 Drops Lavender: An all purpose healing herb that gently cleanses and empowers. Lavender is a great oil for cleansing a room and raising the vibration. Lavender is also known to be relaxing, so having it in a room before a social event can prevent negative energy before it starts.

Add all the oils to your glass bottle, then fill the rest of the bottle up with water. Shake to mix all ingredients together. Shake prior to each use. Store in cool, dark place out of direct sunlight.

Cleansing yourself: Have an intention. Set it clearly in your mind. Believe it. Lightly spray the mist on you and around you. Avoid eyes. :eyes:

Cleansing your space: Walk around the room slowly and focus on cleansing and clearing all negative energy. You should focus in corners, behind doors and closets.

Some people also find it very helpful to speak an incantation, a thought or to chant during cleansing but this is not necessary for it to work. You can also stay silent and simply focus on your intention and inner voice.

I go in between saying this chant below and sometimes come up with organic intentions as they come to me; do what feels right to you.

“ Cleanse and bless this home and hearth. Drive away all harm and fear so that only good may dwell in here.”

Blessed be. :green_heart:

And as with anything containing essential oils, please use caution around pets, if you are pregnant or nursing.

6 Likes

Very informative post!

I really connect with my sense of smell so I love both incense and diffusing essential oils. Thanks for the recipe! Feels really well-timed for this year’s Mercury retrograde. :pray:

2 Likes

I definitely take advantage of other cleansing techniques besides burning because of allergies in the household. For us, even essential oils are out of the question - my mom is allergic to a group of plants that has more than 200,000 subspecies so…botanicals and essential oils are a no-go for us most of the time! It’s unfortunate, but part of life.

And thank you for clarifying for everyone else the essential oils should never be stored in plastic!

3 Likes

Awww your poor mom! I love my smelly things…I own five dogs…so I need to have my house smell like something other than dog LOL!

4 Likes

lol she’s allergic to so much, but we’re all pretty much used to it now. I can get away with some scents, but only if I keep them in our room or upstairs!

2 Likes

Love spray smudging as well have a couple of bottles. I do sage but don’t really like the smell of it, unless it is mixed with something love Palo Santo and I burn frankincense a lot

1 Like

Do you sell this Silverbear??

I do, at a local Yoga shop in the town I live in and in an Ayurveda Massage Center.

2 Likes

would you ship? I would like to buy some.

I could certainly try. I have never shipped this particular item. (it’s a glass bottle) :smiley:

1 Like

Do you have bubble wrap? You just wrap the bottles a lot, make them tight in a box, add newspaper, they will ship fine. How much per bottle?

Before I promise anything I have to check if I have supplies when I get home! :slight_smile: I have been flat out the past two days. My uncle just passed and have been helping my cousin out since he is the only child.

1 Like

No worries honey… just whenever you might get around to it.

1 Like

I am sorry about your uncle, its always hard and taking care of things afterwards can be dismal.

1 Like

I am making this today!! So Excited to learn new things. thank you again and again.

1 Like

I will have to try this, so simple and cute. I too have doggie odor x3 so that’s a +

3 Likes