Dream magic?

so… not sure if this happens to anyone else. but ihave dreams and while dreaming, im able to tell myself (while dreaming) that i am fully aware its a dream, and im able to control my dream after acknowledging this. it happens alot… i get up and fly, do things i know are life threatening and dangerous, because im aware the whole time, that im dreaming. its cool… but im intrigued.ive done research on astral projection and deam magic… but i need some pointers or advice… maybe just a freindly face to let me know im not alone… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lucid, or vivid, dreaming, which is what I believe you’re doing, is quite different from astral projection. In astral projection, you believe that you’re consciously leaving your body and existing in another place/sphere/realm where your ability to interact is limited.
With lucid dreaming, a function of REM sleep, you may or may not be aware that you are dreaming; you’re an active participant in it, but with limited control over it. By having lucid dreams, subconsciously you may be allowing yourself to ‘experience’ and be active in ways that you would not in real life.
Scientists state that we dream several times a night. Some remember these dreams, others, like myself, don’t. On occasion, I will delay in waking and have myself a little fantasy :wink:

5 Likes

This sounds a lot like lucid dreaming!

Lucid dreams are when you know that you’re dreaming while you’re asleep.

You’re aware that the events flashing through your brain aren’t really happening. But the dream feels vivid and real. You may even be able to control how the action unfolds, as if you’re directing a movie in your sleep.

Studies suggest that about half of people may have had at least one lucid dream. But they probably don’t happen often, usually only a handful of times in a year.

From WebMD (Lucid Dreams: Definition, Benefits, Dangers, How to Do It)

We’ve had a few different topics on lucid dreaming here on the forum. Lucid dreaming is a bit different than astral projection but they’re fairly similar!

Lucid Dreaming Evolving Again
Lucid Dreaming App
Tips for astral travel - #4 by Francisco
The Magic of Sleep and Dreaming 🛏️

3 Likes

Lucid dreaming does wonders in your practice of magic, especially when it comes to setting intentions and projecting them out into the world.

Using your dreams (like you described) as a stage to practice or rehearse situations which could be scary or intimidating will also be great for your confidence and courage.

You have a great gift and, besides the great resource list that Megan shared, you may be interested in using your sleep state as a place to develop an inner temple as well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.