I Need A Spell! Can You Cast A Spell for Me?

LOL. Too true. You’ve got to put in the work if you want results.

7 Likes

I’ve asked for guidance or advice, but I would never ask another to cast a spell for me. Rude, yes. Also, how would you trust the others intentions as that is the root to all magic?
Kudos to No, a small word with bountiful power.
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

Guidance, advice and support are to be expected in groups. I don’t mind that at all. It’s the demands lol.

8 Likes

Lol…demands are never an option. What kind of person demands a request anyway? Delusional ones obviously… :rofl:

7 Likes

Great post @SilverBear!! Thanks for your efforts in educating Witches!! :clap: :clap:

My two cents: Anyone who asks for someone else to cast a spell on their behalf is missing the point entirely.

Saying “I’m not a witch” or “I don’t have Magic” so “can you cast a spell for me?” means that they don’t really understand how Magic works!

Everyone has access to it!! Magic works whether you believe in it or not! And Witchcraft is the art of using Magic for your own good!

(Having said that, I believe we can also use this power to help those who we care about and who consent to it :+1:)

10 Likes

I can’t imagine asking someone to do that for me. I would ask for advice about the type of ritual or spell that I should do for myself, but I wouldn’t even consider casting one for someone else. Especially someone from the internet that you have no vested attachment to in the first place!

8 Likes

I agree completely!

A friend of mine asked me awhile ago if I could do a spell for her; she was having some anger management issues after a bad breakup. Now, the situation was of course a bit different, seeing as she is my friend whom I know very well, so I knew she wasn’t trying to be rude or lazy, but that she just didn’t know much about magic and spell works.

I did of course tell her that I can’t deal with her emotions for her, only she can do that, but I wrote a spell for us to do together. She did the main work, I just guided her through it - and luckily it worked very well :blush:

7 Likes

This is so beautifully written- and yes! :raised_hands: It is understandable when those new to the practice are hesitant to give magick a try, but there is SO MUCH to gain from that first attempt! No one can ever understand your situation like you do, and thus, any magick you do will always be, in my opinion, the strongest and most meaningful to yourself :blush:

A witch has every right (and plenty of reasons!) to turn down those unwilling to put in the effort on their own. And I think if you do spells on someone else’s behalf once, they’ll likely keep coming back for more and never learn for themselves! It’s like that old saying:

"If you give a man a fish, he’ll have food for a day. But if you teach a man to fish, he’ll have food for a lifetime" ~Maimonides

5 Likes

Awesome!! I’m sure your friend appreciated that a lot more than if you had just done some work on your own and kept her in the dark!

5 Likes

In all my troubles I have never asked anyone to do my spell work that is plain LAZY I think too! Like you said you don’t know exactly what’s going on and to be honest! I’ve been a Witch for not that long and I know that you need to believe in myself, to create change! It starts with the spell work, and ones intent on the circumstance! I appreciate your honesty, and would never ask you to do my work! Anyway I appreciate you walking me through my magical experiences if when in doubt I don’t understand or have questions or help with motivation! You always have my back! This witch is not Lazy! I own that I just finished my kitchen witchery spoon! Thanks to you, I learn from the best! I feel my life really about to change thanks to spells 8 and the theory behind magic! You need to do the work because it’s a mental process! One must trust the process!
Jeannie

5 Likes

Demanding spell work from someone they don’t know is extremely rude. Strangers and rude people don’t deserve the time and resources I put into my craft, if so they are interested in is using me. I would never say no to a close friend that doesn’t practice Wicca and is asking for candle magic, though. Sometimes people are hurting and they don’t have time, the strength, or the ability to do the spells themselves.

Education of the craft, of energy, of intent and will, etc. is all important in it’s proper time and place. I much rather teach someone how to research and to do things themselves. I much rather practice with them than for them. But I can’t deny someone dear to me a spell in their moment of need.

Maybe I’m wrong on this?

4 Likes

I agree with you! For my friends and family in need I will always try to help with any spell work i can do for them. What’s a good book on candle magick? I think I’d like to start learning more about candle magick in the beginning of the 2021. Want to start buying colored candles. Any great sites to buy from? I’ve checked out on amazon but not sure. Some of the candles have mixed reviews. I use my votives for the simplicity of it. Mostly always white, only because different colored votive candles aren’t easy to find locally. Thank you.
Blessed Be

3 Likes

That’s funny! :joy::joy::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

If it’s someone I KNOW…and have a connection with, I would always be willing to aid them. I however, will not help someone I don’t know and they message me with “hey, do a spell for me” LOL

4 Likes

I started with this one - Amazon.com

and of course this site is great for resources.

I make my own candles now so I don’t buy them anymore. :slight_smile:
I make intention candles and sell them.

BUT I use to buy my candles off Etsy or Amazon.

6 Likes

I used to buy my candles :candle: on Amazon but I have a local metaphysical store that sells candles which fit my candle holders better. (There are three metaphysical shops nearby but I only frequent two of them.) They last about 2.5 hours, unless I forget to turn off the ceiling fan. :sweat_smile:

Here are some resources to learn more about candle magic.

Round the Cauldron Podcast

Spells8

5 Likes

@SilverBear, thank you! WoW! Your candles look amazing!

4 Likes

@praecog29, thank you for the info and advice!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I LOVE making them. SO relaxing.

5 Likes

I had only imagine! I’m sure it’s like meditation. They’re beautiful!

4 Likes