July, August, September 2022 Daily Single Draws

Ohh thanks for mentioning the book. I looked it up on scribed ( the subscription i have for ebooks and audio books) and found id saved wild magic by Danu forest but when id searched that book id seen it wasnt one id saved yet so i saved it for reading later😊 ive done some searches thtough the “because you saved/listened to/read this book” suggestions and saving one ssimilar that if ld like to listen to or read. Im always on the look out for more books as my knowledge of book titles is limited but as i search suggestion lists etc in this app im finding more and more bokks to listen to or read. Ladt night i was listening to a book about what type of witch you are on the way home from work. I save more each time i open the app and will look for a book that speaks to me. I guess as im refreshing my practice as a part of ostara that book to help me decide what my practice holds for ne now at this time is why i might of chose tgat reading last night.
But while i dont get as many suggestions on books or readings as i may find in suggestion lists based on previous selections, its always good to get suggestions from ppl who have read a vook before so thanks for that. I have no idea how good or relevant half the books ive saved will be so having books suggrsted or recommended is great cause at least ive got feedback from someobe that tge book is good. :grin:i hope that made sense. My apologies im a bit groggy not having slept well n ive yet to drink my first coffee for today :joy:but thanks for the recommendation :blush::hibiscus::bouquet::rose::cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

I have a booklet on the wheel of the year, but I don’t have any that are Ostara specific. If I come across any I will definitely let you know @Phoenix_Fire

3 Likes

Friday, September 9, 2022

Celtic :triquetra: Goddess Oracle

By: Judith Shaw

• I shuffled the cards 3 times & removed the top 3 cards & drew:

Dahut

Dahut, Breton goddess of Love & Sexuality, is a Celtic Goddess whose origins are obscured by patriarchal tales which cast her as wanton & depraved. By weaving together the stories as they are today with an understanding of the life-affirming nature of the old pagan ways, Dahut, also known as Dahud Ahes, emerges more than a glittering goddess of beauty: she is revealed as one in a long line of ancient goddesses, holding the rebirth of the old ways in her loving arms.

Divinatory Meaning

Beauty, joy, love, pleasure, sacred sexuality, unconscious desires. Dahut calls us to an understanding that the spiritual & physical worlds are beautifully & eternally intertwined.

5 Likes

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Artio

Artio, Goddess of Wildlife, Transformation, & Abundance, is one of the more obscure goddesses in the Celtic pantheon. She is often shown with baskets of plenty & surrounded by animals. Artio is frequently depicted as a bear. Her name comes from the old Celtic word for bear - arth(e), which the Romans Latinized to Artos.

Divinatory Meaning

A tie for introspection is at hand. Allow your internal knowledge to transform into a full understanding of the power & abundance of the natural world. See beyond the difficulties of the moment & trust that the universe always provides you with what you need. Know that you are protected.

Moon Omens Daily Affirmation

“My imagination is the entire Universe
itself. When I tune in, I dream and travel,
expand and break the limitations of physical
structures. I carry and apply this abundant
energy with me in my day to day life which
allows me to be creative and my most
original self.”

~ Lukas Notes

2 Likes

@Susurrus @MeganB I love what you contribute to the forum & all you do for the community & coven.

I don’t feel like this daily draw is working for me because I feel it’s very general & I feel it’s not very relevant to me.

I feel like I would benefit for a more practical personal draw, can a person even draw for himself correctly consistently & without bias?

I have a lot of doubts about that.

Do you think it’s a good idea to start a new thread to answer specific questions people have, like the freebie Friday but a daily 1?

I’m just pouring stream-of-consciousness here…

What do other people think?

Have a great weekend everyone btw :wink:

John.

4 Likes

Thank you @john.knox, I usually do a draw for the collective coven, not a person precisely.

However, if you would like to share your personal draws, you can start a thread for that purpose or if people have a specific question they want to be asked. I would put it in #activities if you would like to do something for yourself or others that way.

You can also share your personal single draws here too. I can honestly say that mine are specific to the collective of the coven, so they may not always connect with everyone who sees them. :revolving_hearts:

@MeganB may have an idea too, so I will ask her to weigh in also.

4 Likes

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Rune Draw

Magickal Uses: When drawn with Mannaz :mannaz: or Raidho :raido: could indicate a journey over a body of water. Use to develop intuition, as well as ease emotions. Draw on your forehead & intone to increase those powers. Great rune for creativity & writer’s block. Helps to heal emotions.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Lake, Water :ocean: , Fluidity, Primal Void, Passage, Initiation, Possibility. Renewal, Strength :muscle: , Justice :balance_scale: , Magic, Intuition, Creativity, Emotional Balance. Principle of cosmic water welling up & containing the potential for life. The great sea of dynamic forces into which you are thrust during your voyage of becoming. Water & all life-giving abundance. Water :ocean: is everywhere, the sky above, around, below, & in us. Water sustains & moves. We all have hidden springs & Laguz :laukaz: helps to discover them in waking or dreaming states.

Ancient Folklore: Water cannot be controlled; it freezes & melts & flows as the climate dictates.

Brightstave/Upright: Allow the flow, meet potential, & go along with obstacles rather than fight them. Listen for the lessons found in the deep, dark waters of the void. Create space for both the darkness & the radiance to reach you. Stern tests in life indicated that you have the vital energies to stand these tests. The self evolves through the experience of true initiation. The transition from one state of being to another. Begin at once to act. Control of the self is most needed. Do not fear the journey. Personal growth will occur through perhaps uncomfortable situations. Laguz - 21st Rune of the Elder Futhark & 5th of Tyr’s Aett :laukaz:

The Light Seer’s Tarot

• By: Chris Anne
  • I shuffled the deck 3 times, removed the top 3 cards, & drew:

Six of Swords Reversed

Shadow Seer: difficulties, accepting help, resistance to change, arduous transitions, carrying baggage & weight from your past.

Statement: I accept help as I easily cross this transition

For traditional 6 of Swords meanings please see:

5 Likes

@Susurrus twinsie have u gotten any answers about Danu? I havent had time no head space to do so. My head has been killing me since

5 Likes

Hey @Mistress_Of_Herbs! What I know of Danu is limited, but she is connected to both Brighid & the Morrigan by relation so that’s originally how I found out about her. She is considered the Mother Goddess in the Celtic Pantheon of the Tuatha De Danaan tribe.

I hope you & your husband are doing well & his recovwry is going good.

I will be in tomorrow morning & can get more into Danu then! I’ll send you a DM later tonight but probably some time in the morning tomorrow. :hugs:

5 Likes

@Susurrus he is doing well with his recovery. Thanks for asking. Hes in a cast with the staples. Doc wants to wait another week and a half before removing the staples then putting him in another cast. But hes in less pain in the cast than the boot they had him wearing. Less movement.

Any info would be great. Thanks so much

5 Likes

Monday, September 12, 2022

Rune Draw

• Othala :othalan:

Magickal Uses : Use to fortify & all that’s concerned with family & heritage. Solidify family ties. Invoke/Chant Othala to assist in communication with ancestors.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Property, Home, Ancestor, Homeland, Endurance, Kinship, Obstacles, Ancestral Inheritance

Rune of heritage – what we came into the world with in terms of who we are born & raised by. Literal inheritance of land or other property. Usually more tangible inheritance from our family of origin.

The tension between traditions & how you’re approaching life. Living lifestyle parents may not agree to or hide true self.

Here you may rest your bones, knowing a feeling deeply, the support of your family & the stable structures you erected over time & spiritual space. This is the sacred hearth that will forever cradle & comfort your soul & kin. This is your touchstone. This is yours.

Heart, home, spirit, bone/ Unconditional support surrounds me through thick & thin. By the glowing hearth light, I reflect the resonance, faith, & inheritance of my kin.

Healing harmonious family relationships, clarity about the self, and communication with ancestors.

Signifies assistance from family & friends or older people. Cultivation of a garden for skill to build stable resources. Relation to past lives.

Brightstave/Upright: Self-contained hereditary power. Ancestral property. Stable prosperity & well-being. A solid peaceful home, family, or group life is indicated & as one that leads to continued growth. True Freedom from a secure base. New dwelling or allegiance in the offing. Productive interactions with outsiders are continuing possibility.

Othala - 24th Rune of the Elder Futhark & 8 of Tyr’s Aett :othalan:

Oracles of the Morrigan

By: Feral Magic

• I shuffled the deck & took off the top 3 cards then drew:

Mounds of the Tuath

The place of the people is a sacred temple of sound & memory, where the passages are sealed & opened between this world & the next. Chant your prayers among the stones, call the music forth. Call the ancestors once again to take for. Reach into the darkness & discover the hidden doors to the Great Cities under the mound, & dance with the elder kin & the feral spirits by the light of the solstice sun :sun:

“I allow myself to just be.
I am under no obligation
to fit in & satisfy everyone’s
expectations of who I am
supposed to be. I am who
I choose to be. I am me,
and I am aware of that.”

~ Lukas Notes

Join Moon Omens Email List for Morning Affirmations

5 Likes

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Inner Child Oracle

• (By: Amanda Lynn Hails)
  • I shuffled 3 times, removed the top 3 cards & flipped over the top card:

DISAPPOINTMENT IS NOT THE END

It is okay to be disappointed, it is okay to make mistakes. We do the best that we can with the knowledge that we have but not everything will always turn out as we hope. This is a part of life & though it may feel like the end, it most certainly is not. Do not let disappointments or the fear of disappointment keep you from enjoying your life.

5 Likes

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

“My relationships are growing
and blossoming more and more
each and every day. My listening,
understanding, and communication
skills are improving and transforming.”
~Lukas Notes

Join the Moon Omens Email List

4 Likes

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Flidais

Flidais (FLEE-ish), is a complex Celtic :triskele: Goddess with many differing stories & aspects. She represents both our domestic & our wild natures, first appearing in the ancient mythological cycles of the Tuatha de Danaan as an Earth Mother. She was the other of the Irish cultivator heroes, Arden & Be Teite & the “she farmers” Be Chuille & Dinand. From her, they gained the power to cultivate & work the earth for the good of the community.

Divinatory Meaning

Wildness, instinct, empowerment, new beginnings, nurturing, domestication, abundance, gentle determination, independence, regeneration, sensuality. Flidais embodies both our domestic & wild natures, helping us find balance within ourselves.

“My progress is visible in
all that I do. I’ve come so
far from where I started.”
~ Shawn Fontaine

Join the Moon Omens Email List

4 Likes

Friday, September 16, 2022

Oracles of the Morrigan

The Black Wolf

In the mountains: The wolf mother comes to devour. Her prowess is that of ten thousand generations of warriors. Find her in her den in the mountains & challenge her gaze. Tear each other limb from limb, bend muscle from bone. Only then can you be invincible, & see effortlessly through the darkness. The Wolf Mother comes to nurture. Her careful& tender affection is that of unnumbered generations of mothers & grandmothers. Find her in the quiet den amongst the bones. Meet her face to face, nose to nose. Only then can you become whole, & see what lies within us all.

4 Likes

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Celtic :triquetra: Tree Oracle :tree_of_life:

(By: Sharlyn Hidalgo & Illustrated By: Jimmy Manton)

• I shuffled the Celtic Tree Oracle deck 3 times & took the next 3 cards off the top & drew:

9. Coll Hazel

Keywords: water, the moon, bounty & abundance, intuition, wisdom, insight, knowledge, sage advice, divination, poetry, creative pursuits, higher perspective, clarity

The Coll Hazel initiates in the ninth lunation & includes the celebration of the summer solstice, also known as Alban Heruin, Midsummer, & Litha. Here we give our gratitude for the abundance if Mother Earth. Hazel is about compassion & love for our friends & families – as well as safety & protection, which are important aspects of mothering & nurturing. Hazel supports our emotional life. She honors the moon & the waters of our planet. She supports creative expression in the form of story, poetry, art, song & dance. Hazel brings clarity when we seek advice. The ogham for this tree is Coll & the letters C & K.

9. Coll Hazel Upright

Upright, Your feminine nature, the changing of the moon, the lunar principle of receptivity & mystery, & the Goddess Sophia of higher wisdom are all relevant, now. Your female lineages have something to say to you, as do your spiritual heritages. Take some quiet time to tune in & listen for their nurturing messages. Take your intuition seriously. Find time to sit by a body of water near your home: a lake, the ocean, a river, or a stream. This tree suggests acceptance where you are right now as it is impossible to the river.

It is a time to give gratitude for all that you have & to honor the earth. Notice the abundance around you. This is a time for family time & family reunions. This card invites you to find gratitude for all the mothers in your life. If you require nurturing, cultivate friendships that can support you. Nurture others. Mother each other with compassion. It may be time to heal the mother wound. Perhaps this is the time for forgiveness. If you are a mother, make sure you are representing the best qualities of this role. If not, move toward changing your behavior. Be the kind of mother that you would like to have yourself.

5 Likes

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Oracles of the Morrigan

• I shuffled the deck & took off the top 3 cards then drew:

Wayfinder

Wayfinder is the keeper of the sacred pathways, the serpent at the center of the sky whose body holds the bonfires of the ancestors. Speak with this guide to reveal the hidden means of direction of all that exists, and to access the realm of the far-gone spirits & old gods that live among the stars. Find the Wayfinder in the dark heart of the sky, in the Milky Way, reflected in the waters of the river. Its mouth is in the spring that flows from the mountain stone, its body the foundation of the earth & sky.

5 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch hee, hee, hee… there’s no hiding :laughing: If you feel like you would like to start sharing your draws once again, please feel free to do.

Anyone is free to share their own single draws of any divination method they may choose. Runes, Lithomancy with charms or stones or… :woman_shrugging:, ogham, oracle cards, affirmations, tarot, etc…

5 Likes

Peek-a-boo!!! :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Today’s reading is from:

The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards
by Colette Baron-Reid

The Oracle card drawn after 3 shuffles of the deck, I took off the first three cards and pulled the next card and it was #18, Magic Stream - reversed.

Summary - you are swimming against the current. Now is the time to drop the trying and jump into the stream and float. Immerse yourself in the experience of being fully present with whatever is true for the moment. You’ll never step in the same river twice anyway.

So mote it be. :green_heart::maple_leaf:

6 Likes