Merry Meet from PA

Hello all! I have just completed my self dedication ceremony, and can now call myself a true witch. I don’t know why that feels so important to me, but I’m so excited now! I started witchcraft when I was searching for help with my anxiety. Except, it wasn’t really anxiety at all, but rather an overload of other’s energies. I started looking into crystals to help and was shocked at the immediate results. I explored from there and found my path here. It may have taken me awhile, but I am so happy to be here with you all.

Blessed Be.

9 Likes

Merry Meet @sarah69 I’m Siofra from Cape Cod.

Congratulations on your dedication going well! :tada:

I know that there are others here with varying degrees of anxiety. There is a lot of information in the forum regarding taming anxiety & working through it. You can try searching the forum for different aspects of the craft that you would like information about, there’s a little something for everything in some form. You can jump in on any open topic or feel free to share any information with us & start your own!

Personally, I follow a Celtic :triskele: Paganism type of path. It’s definitely more eclectic than anything else. I’m in the process of reintroducing different things for a bit more order to the chaos I have going on right now. :laughing:

I hope you are having a great day & we get to talk more.

My mother’s side of the family were colonial settlers of Lancaster County & were the founders of different things in & around Hershey, York, Lancaster, and that entire area. I don’t know if you are near there, but the last time I was there, we went to a beautiful house turned bed & breakfast that my grandmother grew up in, there is some amazing history & craftsmanship from PA.

5 Likes

Welcome @sarah69! I am Ostara from Texas. I’m happy you found us. If you have any questions please ask. Someone will know the answer.

5 Likes

Hi @sarah69! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Congratulations on doing your self-dedication ritual! :tada: That’s awesome! Welcome, welcome! I hope you find everything you need in the courses. Keep an eye out for a post tomorrow called Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week. That will have all the goings-on of the week in it and activities and stuff so you can jump in and join the fun! I’ve learned so much from the Weekly Challenges, they’re amazing!

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

4 Likes

Welcome @sarah69 congrats on your self dedication.

Please remember u are a true witch without being dedicated. U are your power. U are what makes u a witch. Believe in yourself. If u dont know an answer ask. We will all help u, and so will the universe. Just ask.

Again congrats on your dedication thats a wonderful accomplishment. And welcome to a wonderful community. We are a family here.

4 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @sarah69

I’m Marsha, an eclectic witch from Colorado. It’s lovely to have you here. I know exactly what you mean about the Dedication Ceremony feeling so important. I felt that way too, after completing it. Congratulations on completing your self-dedication ceremony. :hugs:

Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy:

4 Likes

Hey there! I’m Ailey from Georgia. It’s so nice to meet you! Congratulations on your self initiation! I get anxious sometimes too, and I hadn’t ever really considered that it could be because of everyone else’s energy. Thanks for that tidbit! I’m going to be doing a little self exploration with that! I suspect, though, that you’ve hit the nail on the head! What crystals have you found to be most helpful? Looking forward to chatting with you more!

4 Likes

Merry meet @sarah69,

Welcome to the forum and wishing you a big congrats on completing your self-dedication ceremony- that is so exciting! :partying_face:

I’m glad to hear that crystals have been helping you deal with unwanted energies from others- in addition to crystals, have you considered Empath protection as well? This Empath shielding spray is a great defense for those who are sensitive to the energies of others :shield: :sparkles:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything! You have a very friendly coven who are happy to help :infinite_roots: :heart:

Blessed be, Sarah! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Ooo this reminds me the Protection from Draining Energies has worked for my daughter & I quite well when we need it. I still use it to carry with me since I have started venturing out more & reevaluating relationships that are no longer serving me or that no longer serve the other person.

4 Likes

@sarah69
Hello sarah69, welcome to spellss8. I’m glad your here and I’m also glad you mentioned the difference you felt with your ‘dedication’ and becoming a ‘real’ witch. I felt the same way.
I’m an eclectic solitary practitioner and although I don’t follow Wicca to the letter, much of the practice parallels my own.
Back to your dedication, I believe that it finally gives you permission or legitimizes you as a witch. Believe it or not, honey, you are now a part of a much bigger world.
Blessings and much love
Garnet

5 Likes

Hello @sarah69! Welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.