Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! February 15th ✨

Wishing a very Merry Meet Monday to all ! :sparkling_heart:

Here’s the latest about upcoming events and forum news:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, February 18th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Friday, February 19th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase.

Happy moon magick! :first_quarter_moon:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, February 19th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post.

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Of the Element Earth :mountain:

This challenge will close Tuesday, February 16th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of the Element Earth :mountain:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :candle: New Tools

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, February 17th!

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is a way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club IV (January 22nd - February 19th)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 19th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@kimberly24, @nic, @medusa, @chris5, @AliceInWonderdab, @Aedreysa, @hailey3, @kimberly25, @jacinta, @ashley25, @kristen4, @monica2, @sarah27, @fabian, @nichole2, @katerina3, @alexandra8, @regina2, @shannyel, @mindy, @abigail4, @wendell, @tyler, @danielle15, @stacey4, @carlene1, @thirumani, @zakiyah, @sharon10, @dorothy4, @april16, @markita, @Salamander, @kayla8, @amb, @sofia4, @Eccentric_Elegance, @arabella, @cbd, @amber19, @bethany2, @elsie, @jacqueline2, @katelyn5, @hannah15, @zack, @julie14, @jammie, @shari2, @supriya, @zelda, @courtney6, @eccentric_warrior, @danni, @april17, @karine, @netty, @audra1, @mahenaz, @anika, @deepa, @trebor, @laura18, @emma13, @amanda28, @kelly8

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• Bravo to the lovely @Amethyst- on a three-weak-streak of sharing the most love and writing the most posts in the forum :heart: :writing_hand: Thank you for all the positivity and warmth you bring- lots of love back to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Are you savoring the snows of winter or enjoying some warm sunshine? :sun_with_face: What magickal or mundane plans are waiting for you in the coming day? :spiral_calendar:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Wishing love, light, and many blessings to you and those you hold dear

Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Yay, @Amethyst! Congrats. Only one more week to go. :smiley:

I have a doctor appointment today. (pink eye)
A book study with friends tonight.
They are calling for 11 inches of :cloud_with_snow: :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow: tonight. :open_mouth:

An interview on Thursday. IDK if I really want the job but I’m keeping my options open and I am interviewing at many places.

Friday I am going to my first concert since last March. :partying_face:

6 Likes

This entire post filled me with such joy! I’m beyond grateful to have found this coven

6 Likes

OH MY GOSH!!! I am so excited for you I cannot wait to hear all about the concert! I’m going to live vicariously thru you ok!!! Oh I’m so happy right now! I cannot wait to hear live music again!!!

5 Likes

Congratulations @Amethyst! Great job!

I am crossing my fingers for you that things work out for your highest good @praecog29 & I’m insanely jealous that you are going to a concert! That is so exciting! I used to go to them all the time. I had 2 gets canceled on me when Covid hit & have been dying to go to another one. Please let me know how it goes & how much fun you have. Who are you going to be seeing?

I missed the last tea meditation last week. There was a reason, but it escapes me right now. I will be sure to make this one though.

This is vacation week for my daughter from school. So I will have her to putter around with all week. I hope everyone has a great week & I will see you all around the forum.

4 Likes

I’m getting drops for my eyes. They’ll be in tomorrow. 🤷 But I’ll be better before my interview. Yay!

I’m seeing Kim Walker-Smith. She’s the most amazing Christian worship singer. It confuses my friends a ton that I listen to Christian worship songs but I worship The Lady. That’s eclectic witchcraft for you. :joy: I’m also seeing Kari Jobe and violinist​:violin: Lindsey Stirling this year. I was going to Welcome to Nightvale (favorite podcast of mine) but it got cancelled after being postponed. Halsey cancelled her tour, too. :sob:

3 Likes

I was just on FaceBook & one of my favorite concerts to go to is being live-streamed again this year. I watched it last year, but it just isn’t the same as going to a concert.

3 Likes

I hope your eyes feel better & you will do great at your interview. It’s always good to have options rather than be stuck somewhere that you aren’t comfortable @praecog29

3 Likes

Aww, thank you, dear heart! I’m honored! Thanks so much for the recognition!

Thanks, @praecog29! Good luck at your doctor’s appointment today. And be careful coming home from your study session, we don’t want you lost in the snow until Spring! Good luck on Thursday also!

We’re grateful you found us! :hugs:

Thanks, sweetie! I hope you and Peanut have some fun this week!

That’s good. Pink eye is also a symptom of Covid so I’m doubly glad you got checked out.

As for me, I’m late posting today, because I had an appointment with my leg doctor. My leg is doing much better, the ulcers in my legs are shrinking a lot but I still have a nasty infection so more antibiotics for me.

The good news is my leg doctor also got a copy of my CT Scans for my heart doctor and congratulated me on being all clear so that’s great! One less thing to worry about!

Not much else going for me this week, other than the fact that I’ll be celebrating another trip around the sun on Wednesday! I plan on having pizza and birthday cake from the store. But stay tuned for my recipe posting today, if I was up to baking from scratch, that would be what I’d bake for myself. LOL.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and is having a lovely week!

5 Likes

I’m so happy for you! That must feel like a big weight being lifted! I’m happy that your leg is healing, it may be slow to do so, but it will be fine. Patience is key on this one I think.

I’m sure Peanut & I will get into something. She made herself a custom nest today when she had lunch. Complete with post dessert dessert. :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, I was very relived. I told the doctor that I’d act surprised when the heart doctor told me the results. And yeah, it’s taking forever for the legs to heal but they’ll get there. Slowly but surely. Thanks again love!

4 Likes

Wishing you the best of luck with your interview on Thursday, @praecog29- you are smart to keep your options open and try new things! I hope the drops help your pink eye and please stay safe- 11 inches is way too much snow! :snowman_with_snow:

It is a pleasure, @AliceInWonderdab- thanks for being here! :hugs:

I know the feeling, @Susurrus- concerts seem like a distant memory now! Gosh, my last concert was Todrick Hall in November, 2019. I’m looking forward to being able to hear live music again soon too! :musical_note: :blush:

Sorry about the antibiotics, but that aside it sounds like you’ve got a lot of good news, @Amethyst! I’m so happy that your leg is doing better, the heart doctor says you’re in the clear, and also- your birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful and very blessed day, Kasie :birthday: :partying_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you dearest! I’m planning on Burger King and cake at home, thanks to my helper.

5 Likes

Now that sounds like a fun celebration- enjoy the tasty goodies, Kasie! :yum: :two_hearts: Cheers to you!

4 Likes

Thank you, dear heart! I couldn’t decide between caramel brownies or an itty bitty carrot cake so I got both! Yum! My last overindulgence for a while. Hope you have a good day too!

4 Likes

Good for you- it’s okay to splurge on your special day! :partying_face: I hope the goodies were as tasty as they sound! :yum:

4 Likes

They were very good, but man my sugar is high! LOL.

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.