Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Aug 8 - 14 🌝

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, August 11th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Ritual - Lammas

The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

On Friday, August 12th , the skies will flourish with the beauty of a Full Moon. The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Sturgeon-Moon-Ritual-Witchcraft

The full moon of July is called the Full Sturgeon Moon :fish: .

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Sturgeon Moon Ritual Page . This time of year marks when the season of the Sturgeon fish- an ancient creature called a “living fossil”. It’s time to put your own “dinosaurs” to rest as this moon asks you to let go of anything you are hooked on that no longer serves you :fishing_pole_and_fish: .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, August 12th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

The live gathering will be held on Friday, August 12th at 8:00 AM EDT . This is the first of two live group healing sessions this month.

EEC Group Healing Session

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: August 2022

Please note that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the meetings hosted in A Sacred Space . To make your account, you can join Spells8 here - the first 15 days are free! :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, you can check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to partcipate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Wholesome Healing :mending_heart:

Healing Magick Witch Challenge Healer Help

This challenge will close on Tuesday, August 9th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) and a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(And as always, a brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The Nineteenth Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

Spells8 Book Club

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

The next reading session of Book Club will begin this Friday, August 12th - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, August 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, August 31st.

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is only visible to active coven members in A Sacred Space .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access Brigid Flametender and all content within A Sacred Space .

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@SpanishWitchy, @jasmine14, @christine22, @kristen19, @patricia22, @aleksandra, @shanda, @kim14, @chrystal, @marcella, @amber56, @emily44, @brandilynn, @lori10, @bonnie8, @barri, @katherine18, @karen17, @julie26, @shelby3, @sian2, @stacey11, @latrenda, @gabriel, @rebecca30, @brianne1, @piper3330, @alessa1, @shameka, @kathleen8, @sankar, @amy68, @casey12, @amy69, @Rev_Angel, @kimberly60, @amber57, @marjorie2, @vicky3, @JoeyP, @Lori79, @tanisha1, @eriesha, @kiley1, @chelsey4, @oliviaa, @natalia4, @kayla32, @nicole47, @shyanne, @cristina3, @rei, @kaylyn, @andrea42, @tara18, @utopia, @gabriella1, @elvis, @jessica112, @terry5, @tetreanna, @kiarra, @sonny2, @danielleburnside66, @philica, @laura40, @klarra, @kayla33, @erin18, @karmon, @kiarra1, @geri2, @megan32, @misty15, @brooke7, @nina8, @hannah35, @carolyn7, @rachelle4, @joshua12, @angela41, @BrittneyRose, @Ackorna, @cegie, @donna8, @Aries, @tiffany34, @edith, @tanya13, @BlairLov3, @rebecca31, @madison3, @danielle34

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Did you enjoy the Sabbat last week? :ear_of_rice: What magick will you be working or planning under the light of August’s full moon? :magic_wand:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :full_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

18 Likes

International cat day??? Well I guess I should share pictures of my weirdos!

The left is Bender. He sits and sleeps in all kinds of weird positions. He is always hungry and thinks we starve him, even though he’s about 5lbs over weight (he’s 17 lbs, should be 12). He’s a catnip addict and we’re are searching for a good CA program is anyone knows of one. He’s learned how to open the sliding part on the screen door and will jump his fat butt through it so he can go outside. It now has a child lock on it. He lays on the stairs and tries to murder you. He will also lay outside the bathroom door and trap you inside. He thinks he’s one of the dogs and plays with my pits, chasing them throughout the RV. He loves to sit on the back of the couch and try to catch the birds, ramming his head into the window each time.

The right is Lord Nibbler (catching the theme?), Nibs for short. He’s my familiar and doesn’t know how to cat. He will decided he will drink water out of a certain container in a certain place and that’s it for a while. If it goes empty, he won’t drink water. When if the main bowl in the kitchen is full. He scratches everywhere but inside the litter box when he uses it. And wakes me up at about 5:30 every morning by dragging his claws down the blind on the window on my side of the bed so he can look outside for 5 minutes then go lay on my husband’s side. He likes to try eat my hair, that’s still attached. His favorite toy is a twist tie. And he chews on plastic bags.

They are weirdos but I love them. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Happy International Cat Day! :cat2: :black_cat:

11 Likes

Did someone say “cats”?! :blush:

Meet my bubbies! (That’s our nicknames for our cats…bubbers or bubbies LOL)

Top is Waldo, aka butthole, aka The Chonk, aka Mommas Wittle Wand Whale :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Middle is Waldo’s mom…Momma Cat! (Use to be Itty Bitty but she had kids lol) aka Queen Mum, aka Momma girl :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

and last but never least…Smokey! aka Smokey Bones, aka Smokes, aka Snots (he’s got a chronic allergy and sinus issue…same kitty…same…lol)

Every day is cat day in my house :partying_face:

15 Likes

@Amaris_Bane your babies are so sweeeeeet! LOVE the running theme :wink:

10 Likes

I love all the nicknames!! Ours have one (:warning:language :warning:) asshole :joy::joy::joy:. Yes, we use it for both.

I’m much more a cat person than dog. Hubby is a dog person. So we compromised and have 2 of each. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Cracking up over here!

9 Likes

Love cats so much! :smile_cat: :two_hearts:

And really feeling the Lion’s Gate energy. Suddenly not that interested what others have to say about it, I’m doing my thing and that’s the end of it :smirk_cat: Also learned that my Leo is in the 8th house which is pretty cool, or should I say hot :sweat_smile: Mars is in there too, so that’s where that fiery passion comes from, or at least part of it, let’s say a lion’s share :joy: :fire:

EDIT: Looks like the Moon is still in Sagittarius too, my rising fire sign! Oh it buuuurns~ :laughing: :fire: Someone please tie me up before I hurt myself. Love you all to bits :heart:

9 Likes

International Cat Day you say?? Well, here are my 3 reprobates…

This is Kingston and this is what happens when you’re a cat in my house and dare to fall asleep:

This is Gigi, the sweetest girl under the sun (and she LOVES sitting in my veggie garden every evening):

And last but not least, this is Mango…who thinks he’s a dog:

14 Likes

Hello all! I’m still on my phone. Sigh. I heard a rumour that the lightning hit the lines underground and I may have no phone, cable, or internet for months while they run new lines underground.

Don’t know if that’s true or not, but it sure is frustrating. The cable company is not talking, so who knows. I’ve just become accustomed to the fact that I won’t know anything.

Leg also looks worse today. Going to see the vein doctor next week, so that will be fun.

Congratulations to @jan_TheGreenWitch and @garnet for your amazing accomplishments!

I saw all the pretty kitties too, they’re awesome! Makes me miss mine.

Anyhow, I hope y’all’s week is going better than mine. Wish me luck!

12 Likes

@Amethyst Awww, that doesn’t sound fun at all… wishing you the best :heart: and an egg on the face of whoever’s in charge of public relations at your cable company :smiling_imp: :fried_egg:

8 Likes

Haha!! Another dog cat, love it!! And now I have ideas for when Bender falls asleep.

9 Likes

Thanks, love. The company just changed hands at the first of the month. I don’t think they know what they are doing yet!

8 Likes

As long as you promise it isn’t related to your 8th house :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You do have a lot of energy going on! Now I’ve over here checking mine. Leo is in my 12th house, where my North Node resides. While I don’t have any planets there, I do have a square of my NN with my Scorpio Sun and two trines, one with my Mars and the other with Neptune, both in Sagittarius. I’m still new to astrology so not really sure what all that means. :woman_shrugging: :joy: :joy:

10 Likes

Jan, thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us! Congrats! :tada: :hugs:

Garnet, thank you for sharing so much love with us! Congrats! :partying_face: :heart:

9 Likes

Love that, wish I could make that promise :rofl:

I’m pretty new to astrology too, I haven’t really got into looking at the aspects yet, or really even all the planets, but I’m enjoying learning and taking it step by step. I know whatever sign your North Node is is something that’s challenging you this lifetime, something you have a hard time seeing yourself as, the square with your Sun sign adding to the contrast. The solution might lie in the trines to Mars and Neptune, passion and spirituality. Both are also traits embodied by Sagittarius. Hmm, this almost makes sense to me, I hope it does to you too :joy:

9 Likes

Makes perfect sense! I do not embrace any of Leo’s qualities, lol. I am a Scorpio through and through.

10 Likes

My cat is a little crazy (she takes after her human momma) and she will not stay still for her picture. Every pic I have of her is blurry because she’s moving. I’ve had her since she was 3 weeks old, but she has a lot of feral blood. She doesn’t know she is a cat. She thinks she’s a dog. Lol!

15 Likes

Congratulaions @jan_TheGreenWitch and @Garnet !

10 Likes