Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 28 - Mar 6 šŸŒš

I have issues with letting my space look like a dump if Iā€™m not careful! LOL. Especially when Iā€™m depressed. But I did pass and it looks like Iā€™ll be getting new windows too sometime this year so yay!

3 Likes

Oh that will be good for you too!

I get that way with my space too. My kitchen seems to take the brunt of it though. :joy:

3 Likes

Kitchens are so hard to keep clean. It seems like you clean it and someone just walks through and itā€™s dirty again. Not to mention how easy it is to leave everything on the kitchen table.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with us all @BryWisteria, so many crystals. :dizzy:

2 Likes

Congratulations on passing the inspection @Amethyst the hard part is over. :bouquet:

Thank you @Susurrus for all your posts on the Oracle/Tarot/Rune posts, you inspired me to find a deck of Tarot/Oracle Decks to post on your February Oracle/Tarot/Rune and I will do my best to find one again for March. :sparkles: :pentagram:

Thank you for all the congratulations and shoutouts, I do appreciate them and they inspire me to try to do more, so thank you all. :hugs:

3 Likes

@debra2 please donā€™t feel like you need to have a different deck each month. I only use the ones that I currently own. I just happen to have a few of each. Itā€™s completely up to you, but the Light Seerā€™s deck is a gorgeous deck, so if thatā€™s what you use for March or any other deck, that is just fine by us. :infinite_roots: Iā€™m very happy that you enjoy that post as much as I do. I have several that I do on a daily basis, one when I hear, see, or say something that is a good affirmation or saying. I also do the Tending Brighidā€™s Flame, I donā€™t know if you work with Her :fire: or not.

On Tuesdays I do the rune posts & update the Runes Information. I donā€™t know if you are interested in those.

If there is anything you would like to see more of or something made into a challenge, feel free to let us know! We like to know what others like about the forum. :heart:

3 Likes

@Susurrus it is okay, I own 5 different decks and was thinking of using The Modern Witch Tarot Dect by Lisa Sterle.

I do know that you tend to Brighidā€™s Flame and I enjoy those. Iā€™m starting to get more interested in the Runes and Iā€™m glad to see that you are doing the Runes Information and will be looking into following that.

So far I do like to follow along with certain things to see what I am truly interested in. So far I like using the Pendulum and Tarot Decks. I use an Angel Oracle Deck every day to see what Angels have to say to me. And the challenge on Sigils and Symbols really attracted me.
I know I have much learning to do and also to finish some of the Lessons still to finish. I havenā€™t quite figured out which of the Goddesses I want to work with the most, so I am still trying to figure that out. Thanks for your advice Krissie, much appreciated. :hugs:

3 Likes

Youā€™ll figure out the deity part 1 day out of nowhere from something you learned at some point. Whether through the site or the forum

I enjoy tarot, oracle, & Runes. I canā€™t quite figure out palmistry & thereā€™s something qbout the pendulum that Iā€™m not comfortable with it.

I still have the Rune Casting course to do, but I also learn about astrology, herbs, incense, crystals, essential oils.

I mean, as you know the list goes on, but take them 1 at a time. Thereā€™s no rush. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad it went well and that your husband is there helping to support you with big hugs :people_hugging: :blush: I know the feeling about wanting to shut out the world when things pile up, but my problem is that my mind does not like to turn off haha :sweat_smile: Iā€™ve been trying to go back to some of the things they taught us at the temple (about clearing the mind) and itā€™s tough, but every now and then it clicks and works well :+1:

I hope youā€™re able to discover strategies and things that help you and work for your mindspace, Siofra! :heart:

Big yay- thatā€™s exciting! :star_struck: :window: Always nice to have new, clean windows :blush:

Youā€™re very welcome, Debra! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So many crystals indeed- it was almost overwhelming how big the museumā€™s collection was! It made me realize that there sure are a lot of types of crystals and stones out there in the big world :gem:

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed seeing them too! :heart:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria we have actually been working on a ā€œtoolboxā€ or ā€œlistā€ of sorts of things that make me smile or feel happy/calm. Now I have to make it into an actual list & then try to use those strategies when the negativity or dark cloud is too heavy for me. My bodyā€™s new reaction in the afternoons or early evenings is to just take a nap wherever I am & thatā€™s how I shut out the world. My body just shuts down.

So thatā€™s something that I am working on today, making a list of all the things Iā€™ve found that help with the negative thought cycle. Journaling is now done later in the day or if I think of something really important that I donā€™t think Iā€™ll remember. Of course, my mind goes to things likeā€¦ how can I decorate the list to make it match my room or wherever I decide to put it. So then I want to go find my Cricut stuff to make a list all fancy & pretty :joy:

As much as my husband is a wonderful support system :heartpulse:, I am starting to feel likeā€¦ itā€™s been months, he needs a break. He says heā€™s fine & always here to listen or whatever I need from him, but after so many months, you canā€™t tell me it isnā€™t weighing on him. This is a lot for me, never mind for him plus he has worked every day & he works so hard with long hours & comes home & is just exhausted physically from it. Still manages to make dinner though every night. (I wish my hands were better so I could do it sometimes. I used to love to cook, but I canā€™t cut things safely anymore & thatā€™s enough of that) So sometimes I wait longer than I should talk to him.

I just want to make sure he gets rest because he gets up so early. So I had him take tomorrow off. He has 1 appointment, but the rest of the day itā€™s just him & I. So we can hang out together for a little while before Peanut :peanuts: comes home from school & my son gets home from work.

3 Likes

I donā€™t care about clean windows, Iā€™ll have cat snot on them soon enough from Max pressing his nose up against them. I just want to be able to open the darn things. Itā€™s gotten so that I canā€™t open them at all and Sally has a hard time too!

@Susurrus, Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having such a difficult time right now. As always you are in my prayers and I will light a candle for you and your husband too! A day off will do you both the world of good.

4 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst. It is difficult, but I started the Shadow Work with the intention of following through with it. So I also finally got past my stubbornness & reached out for help. I have found my balance with deities & therapy styles & itā€™s easier to do this way & make sense of what is happening. Complex Grief with Complex PTSD is no joke, but at the time I started the Shadow Work, I had no idea any of this was going to happen & then it was time for help. Iā€™m doing much better now. So no need to worry, Iā€™m in good hands. My husband is a great support system, but Iā€™m trying to give him a break while he has a long weekend this week. (His turn for an appointment!). I also have a friend that I see every Friday for coffee that I get to unwind with for about an hour.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so glad you have good support! Complex Grief and PTSD sound so scary. Even though you have a local backup, Iā€™m still sending you good vibes!

5 Likes

@Susurrus, Iā€™m sorry for your having a hard time, you are such an inspiration for all that you do. I didnā€™t know that you were living with PTSD and Complex Grief, I do pray that things get easier for you and your family. Itā€™s good to know that things are getting a little easier and your friend is a great help for you. May the Universe be with you. :mage: :tarot_card: :hearts:
Debra

5 Likes

Thank you both. I am doing much better now than I was a month ago. I have a couple of close friends that I reach out to when I need to & my husband & I can text my psychiatrist any time I have an issue. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello,
Amethyst you do deserve the recognition I am always super thrilled to know you as a person who always gives love :heart: to me when I feel my worst and best!

Debra- You remind me of my aunti who never forgets a birthday :partying_face: thank you so much for your blessings all over the coven.
Christine you always give me some love :heart: thank you for being so generous and sharing your kindness!
Jeannie

4 Likes

@Susurrus It sounds like your toolbox, support system, and overall strategies are really helping you out- I am so happy for you, Siofra! :heart: And Iā€™m glad to hear you are during better now too. Youā€™ve got lots of people who love and care for you and I can tell youā€™re putting a lot of mindfulness into taking good care of yourself too- be proud of yourself, Siofra! Youā€™ve come a long way on your journey of healing :people_hugging: :two_hearts: :blush:

@Amethyst Oh Max and his cat snot :joy_cat: Iā€™m sure heā€™s just helping you decorateā€¦ in his own way :laughing: No fun to have stuck windows though, hopefully the new ones will open up easily and youā€™ll have quick access to fresh incoming air whenever youā€™d like! :window: :blush:

3 Likes

Aw, thank you, Jeannie! Thatā€™s so sweet of you to say!

Itā€™ll be worth the headache of having people coming in and out tog get it, I can tell you that.

Hope youā€™re having a good weekend! :heart:

5 Likes

@Amethyst I hope you get the windows sooner than later so you can enjoy them as the weather gets nicer :heart: Hopefully they will be more energy-efficient for you which will save you some cash too! :moneybag:

4 Likes

That would be nice! I like saving money, it means more books! LOL!

3 Likes