Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 28 - Mar 6 🌚

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Wednesday, March 2nd - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, March 3rd - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Ritual - Imbolc Time

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, March 4th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magickal Symbols & Sigils :pentagram:

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Symbols and Sigils

This challenge will close on Tuesday, March 1st at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magickal Symbols & Sigils :pentagram:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XV (Feb 18 - Mar 18)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 18th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: March 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Thursday, March 31st .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit March 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Thursday, March 31st .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@matthew5, @pamela15, @jordan4, @ricardo4, @liliana2, @babs, @Belle, @jenifer, @jennifer6, @nicole40, @ashley53, @pauline2, @piper, @gonczi, @erica19, @jenthecre8tor, @alyssa10, @virginia5, @amanda56, @victoria30, @crystal33, @kaylie1, @jeniffer, @aleena, @taylor23, @Franki-Moon, @helen4, @yvette1, @jennifer87, @sonya1, @Sophie2Wands, @christina31, @kiana1, @devin1, @maritza, @elizabeth26, @racheal1, @brianna7, @chasity6, @keri2, @megan23, @daryl, @melissa31, @kelly20, @Babywitchbxtch, @ana10, @jennifer88, @dj11, @maryellen, @tina12, @linda11, @jennifer89, @amy1, @amy53, @nhjk, @marina3, @kara7, @christopher11, @shannon17, @chelsey3, @TwinkleArtWitch, @sybelle, @lillie1, @jillian5, @shashmini, @sierra12, @deborah14, @katherine12, @samm, @MysticaLyn16, @melanie2, @crystal34, @laurie8, @ash2, @joan, @Emerald_Moon, @elvina, @Sissie, @victoria31, @elizabeth27, @michelle44, @jen5, @jane4, @melissa32, @melissa33, @BlueWolf, @kristen11, @Nikita-mikaelson, @scarlettdawn, @lisa47, @kara8, @mariah2

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share and give the most receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @marsha - for sharing the most posts over the last seven days, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand:

• @Christine13 - for giving out the most hearts over the past week :heart_decoration:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your efforts are greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

It is always wonderful when people go above and beyond for fellow coven members :blush: But for those who do so not just one day, but everyday- you deserve something extra special!

Those who are noticed for going above and beyond for fellow coven members over the course of the month receive a Community Shout-Out.

For February 2022:

• @Marsha - for giving a cheery happy birthday message to fellow coven members every day this month

• @Debra2 - for giving happy birthday messages to fellow coven members and also for sharing a daily Oracle every day over the past month

• @Amethyst - for always taking the time to write a welcoming message for every new member’s introductory post

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

Note : Those who receive a Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And of course, saying a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Welcome to March- how is the weather where you are? :tulip: Do you have any spells or rituals planned for this week? :spiral_calendar:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

12 Likes

We are trying something new! :star2:

This is a brand new badge that was created in response to seeing how some people go above and beyond in making fellow members feel welcome and included. There are so many wonderful people here who take the time to reach out to new members or do nice things for others (the mods see your posts and thank you very much! :heart:), but this badge is an extra nod to those who do so not just once in a while, but consistently over the course of the month.

We are trying it out starting this month and from now, the shout-out will appear in the MMM closest to the last day of a calendar month :spiral_calendar:

Note that unlike the Activity Shout-Outs for hearts and likes which are tallied up by the computer, the Community Shout-Outs are something that the Mod Team watches and puts together manually. If you think there is someone deserving of the badge at the end of the month, you are welcome to reach out privately to a Moderator to let them know so we can consider them! :handshake:

Thanks so much and Blessed be! :sparkles:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @marsha and @christine13! Way to go ladies! And thank you, Mods, for the new badge and award! I just like to welcome people, especially when they’re newbies and confused. I remember what that feels like.

It’s sunny and a bit cold here in WV this morning but it’s supposed to be getting warmer this week. Only twenty more days till Spring, are you ready? LOL.

How’s the weather down there for you folks in the Southern Hemisphere? It seems weird to me to have fall in March, does it feel weird to y’all for us to be talking about spring?

I have something fun planned for the New Moon if I can get some potting soil on payday. We’ll see.

Hope you all have a good week!

10 Likes

:heart: Thank you! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Congratulations to @marsha and @christine13 for all your posts, sharing with us all and for all the love given.

Congratulations to @marsha and @Amethyst for all you have done throughout this month of February. Way to go ladies :hearts: :sparkles: :mage: :bouquet:

5 Likes

Thank you! And thank you for being the Birthday Fairy! LOL!

5 Likes

Thank you @debra2! And special thanks to you :heart: for all your lovely posts.

5 Likes

@Amethyst You definitely deserve the Community Badge, Amethyst! :blush: You always take the extra step to welcome new folks and help them to feel at home- not just this past month but every month. Thanks so much for all you do for everyone! :heart::people_hugging: And good luck with your potting soil- have fun with your New Moon plans!

Congrats again to @Marsha, @Debra2, and @Christina13 as well! :partying_face:

We got a few days of sun here in London, but now the rains are coming in. Good thing there are so many wonderful free museums! :star_struck:

We went to the Natural History Museum yesterday and the crystals!!! So amazing!!! :gem: I don’t even specialize in crystals and I was squeeing with joy the whole time :joy: I thought of all of you in the crystal room and Vault- I think the crystal experts especially would have had a field day!

The hall of crystals

All of the display cases in this room are full of rocks- every kind imaginable!

A whopping two kilograms of Topaz called the “Ostro Stone”- sure would make a nice centerpiece for an altar :laughing:

A rock from the moon! :full_moon:

So many shinies :sparkles:

More shiny things :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

This week’s group ritual is now live! You can find more details on the ritual page here:

3-3 Free Your Spirit of the Wild - World Wildlife Day
(Group Ritual - Mar 3) :eagle: Free Your Spirit of the Wild

(A friendly reminder to please make sure you are logged in to an active account in order to access the ritual!)

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you all then- Blessed be! :tea::sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks aren’t necessary but you’re welcome! :blush:

Oh, I passed the inspection with flying colors! So relieved!

And OMG, the shiny things! I want them all! LOL! Beautiful, thank you for sharing the pics!

4 Likes

Congratulations ladies on your accomplishments whether it is for the week or the highest good of the coven or both! :tada: You deserve to be celebrated :confetti_ball: I love the new badge also! Great idea!

I would like to note that as of today there is a March 2022 Single Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws it will close on March 31, 2022. In April a new 1 will be started that will have April, May, & June. Then every 3 months will be a new single draw post. :smile:

I still have to update the affirmations post to starting in March then it will follow the same schedule as the oracle post for 3 months at a time for 1 topic. :grin:

I hope everyone has a great week. Since I have an appointment today at 1:45 PM, I will probably be resting & reflecting over the Dark/New Moon. I’m working on incorporating my practice into my therapy schedule. :smiling_face:

EDIT The link for the March 2022 Affirmations is: March 2022 Affirmations

6 Likes

Woohoo- congrats on the successful inspection, @Amethyst! :partying_face: I know that is a big weight off your shoulders to have that all done with. Pour yourself a tasty cup of tea and relax, you’ve earned some chill time! :tea::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And haha glad you liked the pictures! Gosh, I know- there were so many pretty things on display at the museum. I felt like a seagull gawking at them all, I was probably drooling :joy: Happy to share with others who appreciate shiny things! :sparkles:

Thank you so much for the new March Oracle post, @Susurrus- it looks awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope your appointment went well and that you are enjoying a peaceful rest and reflective time for the New Moon :new_moon: Blessed be!

3 Likes

My appointment was good @BryWisteria & as a bonus, I got to talk to my husband afterward with a big hug at the end of the day. I still feel a little off from the weekend, but at least now I have a path to follow & how to get out of the maze of feelings & thoughts that are hovering around. I am actually learning how not to shut out the world when something(s) are on my mind & it gets overwhelming or too stressful for me.

@Amethyst Yay for passing the inspection. Really was there ever a doubt though? Honestly? :smiling_face: I’m happy that it went well for you. One less thing to worry about is always a good thing.

2 Likes

I have issues with letting my space look like a dump if I’m not careful! LOL. Especially when I’m depressed. But I did pass and it looks like I’ll be getting new windows too sometime this year so yay!

3 Likes

Oh that will be good for you too!

I get that way with my space too. My kitchen seems to take the brunt of it though. :joy:

3 Likes

Kitchens are so hard to keep clean. It seems like you clean it and someone just walks through and it’s dirty again. Not to mention how easy it is to leave everything on the kitchen table.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with us all @BryWisteria, so many crystals. :dizzy:

2 Likes

Congratulations on passing the inspection @Amethyst the hard part is over. :bouquet:

Thank you @Susurrus for all your posts on the Oracle/Tarot/Rune posts, you inspired me to find a deck of Tarot/Oracle Decks to post on your February Oracle/Tarot/Rune and I will do my best to find one again for March. :sparkles: :pentagram:

Thank you for all the congratulations and shoutouts, I do appreciate them and they inspire me to try to do more, so thank you all. :hugs:

3 Likes