Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jan 3 🌟

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, January 6th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

5560db479b61425a9c4ee5ae545a039867635a89

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, January 7th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out the previous Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. Although the exact time will vary by your location, expect to see this moon on Sunday, January 9th .

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

The First Quarter Moon is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

From the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? Know that this special moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle .

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this part of the moon cycle :first_quarter_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter .

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Passage Into the New Year :door:

Witchy Challenge New Year Passage

This challenge will close Tuesday, January 4th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Passage Into the New Year :door:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Dec 10 - Jan 7)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 7th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@argelia, @Franklin, @vicki, @anissa1, @jasmin3, @gabriellagalbreath, @dacota, @deborah12, @tiffany27, @brittnee, @marion1, @michele11, @maha, @lauren16, @lynzee, @maryann1, @sharon17, @victoria27, @keyatta, @vanessa14, @jessica81, @akia1, @dominque, @Viss, @LyndaBetty, @amanda50, @alyson1, @erica16, @erykah3, @Kalight, @tehani, @jeri, @Tejaareads, @d_andra, @renae1, @deanna10, @amanda51, @melinda5, @vazhane1, @angel15, @jessica4, @addi, @marie14, @ashlie1, @Queenie_H, @nicole38, @felicia5, @kelly18, @krystal6, @jessica82, @shirley, @beth7, @haruko1, @mary33, @lindsey6, @amanda52, @amanda53, @angela33, @london, @jaquan1, @james11, @amber41, @anna18, @alexandra12, @james12, @emari, @delida, @susan11, @hailey6, @felicia6, @tanya3, @falynn1, @maggie6, @leslie3, @jennifer75, @jordyn3, @deatra1, @diane4, @justina, @christina26, @jamie18, @anni, @amber42, @emily38, @stacey7, @charity3, @leslie4, @darreiona, @vazhane2, @kristina12, @ashritha, @taraF, @hannah23, @k113, @angela-jean, @Bridge, @denisa, @rebecca, @Kleio.Atlas, @stephanie43, @ariana5

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Jessica72 for sharing the most posts in the forum over the past week! :writing_hand: We are truly blessed by both your wisdom and friendly encouragement! :heart_decoration:

• Lots of love back to @Debra2 for giving out the most hearts in the forum, on a two-week-streak! :heart: Thank you for all of the love and positivity you share! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Is your 2022 off to a great start? :sparkles: What exciting things are headed your way this year? :star_struck:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :star2:

7 Likes

Congratulations to @jessica72 and @debra2! You ladies rock!

I have a head cold for the new year. Joy. It is just a head cold though, I’ve been tested. Thank the Goddess. Now I just have to get over a cold. What fun.

Hope all of y’alls new years are starting better than mine!

8 Likes

Hope you feel better soon hunni! and thank you. I’ve been quite the chatter box again!

7 Likes

Thanks muchly! And chatter away, you make the place more lively!

7 Likes

Congratulations to @debra2 & @jessica72 :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

Everyone is back to work & school. Now my husband & 2nd son have longer days this week as long as the snow :snowflake: is in theory area on lower Cape where they work. My son is on call tonight & it just started snowing :cloud_with_snow: here. We ate 45 minutes away from their work.

Today is/was my mother’s birthday :birthday: The last couple of months have challenging for me on several levels.

Today I spent a lot of time with Brighid :triskele: today. Honoring, speaking to, incoking, working with during my Grief & Healing Sachet spell, asking for assistance with writing what needs to be written to my mother wishing her a happy birthday & using fire in my fore pit to have the message delivered.

After that I’ve been a little fatigued & a little down, but not bleh & wanting to hide or having anxiety. So I’d say that I’m doing as well as I can today.

I don’t have any appointments though, so I just have my everyday things to do. I have found a way to honor Brighid daily that feels really good. I did have to start wearing my compression pants too each day because of the cold & my joints. So that means… blankets!!! & my fireplace! :fire:

I hope everyone has a great week! Mine is off to a decent start so far! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Sounds like you did a very nice job with your fire ceremony for your mother. I very much like the idea of writing a letter and then burning it letting the energy flow to the sender.

Because I’m new I don’t know your backstory, if I may ask, has your mom passed or are you too estranged? If it’s any of my business and you want to share of course.

I have been estranged from my mother for two years. I just really appreciate this post and I think that doing a ceremony similar will help me a lot.

10 Likes

@LadyAuld.ofChico she passed in August. My mom passed in August 2003 & my Nana passed February 2003… so this time of year has been challenging for the past couple of months more so than the last 18 years.

I came up with a way to connect & I’ve definitely felt lighter & somewhat down. I can manage through the day a lot easier & I’ve been on a more even keel with my emotions/grief.

I’m so happy that it helped you & possibly inspired you. I hope if you do something similar that it helps you too :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Congrats @debra2 and @jessica72. Jessica we have similar stories with Narcassists in our lives. I enjoy reading your posts.
I have been off since Friday and have to go back to our normal routine tomorrow. I am feeling some anxiety and restlessness. I’m hoping all that passes this week.
@Susurrus my mother passed away almost three years ago. I like the fire idea that you talked about here. I may try that out. I always have so much to say to her but never sure if she’s hearing me.

9 Likes

Congrats to @jessica72 and @debra2! Way to go!!! :partying_face:

I love the Festival of Sleep that occurred yesterday. :smiley: I participated and didn’t even know it. :rofl: It was nice to catch up on it.

I love the idea of participating in the book club this reading period! Time to break out my cheaters to read :laughing: and give my brain a dose of good information.

I can’t wait for this week’s challenge. They really help motivate me in expanding my craft and learning from others. Everyone has such great ideas and creations! Now, can I just create a spell to add more time to my days so I can try creating those shared crafts? :thinking: I definitely have some on my “to-do” list.

Lastly (cause I am sure talking a lot today :wink: ), welcome to all the new members from a fairly new member, herself. :hugs:. I hope you enjoy this virtual family and space as much as I do.

Blessed Be!

Athena

10 Likes

Awe @Amethyst I hope you feel better soon and get over that cold.

8 Likes

Thank you all for the congrats, I really appreciate it. :heart:

8 Likes

Thanks, @debra2! It’s not that bad of a cold, just enough to make me feel sick, you know?

7 Likes

Hey @jessica72 & @debra2 Way to go this week!! How fun :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nicely done @debra2 and @jessica72! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I really appreciate the time you’ve both put into making this forum an interesting and heartfully space.
Much Love, Janis :triskele:

8 Likes

@rachel21 I honestly didn’t think I would go through such large & heavy waves of grief, but it really hit me that mom & Nana had both died in 2003 then my mother this year & I was grieving all 3 for the last 2 months then my mother’s birthday was Monday & I felt like I had to talk to her 1 more time outside of a journal entry.

The reasons the holidays are already hard is because once Halloween hits, then my birthday, my mom’s birthday, Thanksgiving, my brother’s birthday, Christmas, New Year’s, my mother’s birthday. Those were when my family was closest & we really enjoyed it. Not to mention Sunday dinners. Every. Sunday. My Nana lived with us, so we were all together even with our significant others & then my 2 sons. My 2nd son was months old when they passed the next year. My Nana was buried on Valentines Day. So there’s 1/3 of the year that I try to learn different ways to enjoy the season & my family that I do have here.

I haven’t been with anyone for the holidays from my family in 18 years. My father & mom moved to FL 6 months before she passed. My brother moved there too & is in the Army so moves everywhere. I couldn’t bare the thought of leaving my mom & Nana alone in MA at their cemeteries. So I stayed behind. My mother had moved to NH when I was 8 or 9 :thinking: & remained there.

This is 1st year without my mother for all of those things since 2002. She would come visit when she could after I had my own home with my husband, then we started a special phone call when she couldn’t anymore. So it was hard & all kinds of things came out of nowhere it seemed throughout the last couple of months regarding all 3.

I’m happy my way of sending a message is helpful for others too. :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.