Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (May 6 - 12) 🌑

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

New-Moon-Spells

→ Wednesday, May 8

This week we will be blessed by the presence of a New Moon. The exact time of the peak of this moon phase will depend on your location :telescope:

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick spells specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

New-Moon-Manifestations

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

May EEC

→ Thursday, May 9 at 8:00 am ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the second of five healing sessions this month.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Beltane 2024

→ Thursday, May 9

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE : This week’s group ritual post is now ready! You can view the current group ritual here:

(Group Ritual - May 9) :green_heart: Abundance Ritual

[ [ Weekend Divination - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Weekend Divination with Megan Black

→ Friday, May 10

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance on how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :raised_hands:

Look for the post in the Energy Exchange on Friday- free readings will be available throughout the weekend and will close on Sunday. You can check out the previous Weekend Divination to know what to expect when this week’s post arrives.

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and adding the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox three times a week :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Enchanting Herbs :potted_plant:

Herbs Witch Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until tomorrow: Tuesday, May 7 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category )

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 31 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXVII - Readers’ Reviews .

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Friday, May 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This month’s birthday discussion will remain open through Friday, May 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draw

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Sunday, June 30.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid's Flame

Stop by the fire and tend the flame of the Goddess Brigid with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@keith - @michael20 - @lindsey7 - @jenell - @katie6 - @karrie - @ashley43 - @j111 - @elisa1 - @jared - @kristy4 - @reeanna - @laura22 - @brandi10 - @christy5 - @erika4 - @kathryn6 - @jessica35 - @ApothecaryAlly - @jessica36 - @michael21 - @steven2 - @lisa29 - @toshia - @anne1 - @isela - @crissinda - @Amanda_Rion - @marie7 - @sherrie1 - @sara16 - @amanda51 - @celestia - @genneil - @alisa1 - @hei - @ana-sofica1 - @julio - @chasity6 - @stacie1 - @darlene6 - @mary14 - @cass - @marisa1 - @kattie1 - @kattie2 - @doris2 - @jasmine5 - @Cara_Daunno - @brian2 - @mccloy - @idc030318 - @karen25 - @dawn16 - @angela17 - @angela17 - @vanessa3 - @erykah - @chandra4 - @kyla1 - @aimee4 - @charmaine - @jana1 - @stephanie24 - @bethany1

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in the Introductions category. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- we’d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Super Stars

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @Mystique - for sharing the most posts and hearts :writing_hand: :heart: (on a two-week shout-out streak!)

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

W.I.T.C.Hes

Once a month, all those who kindly take the time to welcome all of the new folks in their introduction posts receive a shout-out and a special badge.

Recipients of the April 2024 W.I.T.C.H Award are:

It takes a lot of dedication to help fellow coven members feel at home here every day- thank you so much! :heart:

Click here to learn more about W.I.T.C.H Shout-Out Rewards

All those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the W.I.T.C.H (Welcome Into The Coven Helpers) Badge .

This badge is given to those who welcome all new members in their posts in the Introductions category. If you miss one post, don’t worry - everyone gets one freebie!

As this is a difficult badge to earn (it takes a lot of dedication to welcome so many new folks!), there are no limits to how many users can receive this monthly shout-out. This badge is just a small thank you to show appreciation for those who help their fellow coven members feel at home :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Did you have a nice Sabbat last week? Will you be casting or resting for this week’s new moon? :milky_way:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :new_moon: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Congratulations @Mystique, and congratulations to @AIRAM, @Amethyst, @Artemisia, @crystal5, @marsha, and @tracyS! We are truly blessed to have all you beautiful witches in our coven!

Nothing much going on this week. I’m on my last night at work for a few days. I’m so tired right now I feel like I could sleep 2 days and nights straight. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

15 Likes

Congratulations, everyone! :heart:

I don’t have much going on this week besides trying to heal and get better. Being sick is horrible :joy: and I’m ready to feel better!

13 Likes

Congrats @AIRAM @Amethyst @Artemisia @crystal59 @marsha and @tracyS ! Great job my lovely sisters! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

Thank you all for the congrats! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

Only thing I really have happening this week is a lot of babysitting grandkids. Today I have the 9 year old and 6 year old at the dentist so their parents can make the money.

14 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap: :bouquet:
To all the W.I.T.C.H es
Recipients of the April 2024 W.I.T.C.H Award are:

@AIRAM
@Amethyst
@Artemisia
@crystal59
@marsha
@Mystique
@tracyS
Ya’ll make this place welcoming and safe.
And @Mystique Congratulations :confetti_ball: on your lovely light shining by being such an active participant!

I am working this week. And still trying to get smoke smell from witches salt makig… i am thinking :thinking: I need to maybe wash the walls :brick:?
I am working on moving my ancestoral altar to my east wall in my bedroom. I need to hang a shelf. I hope ya’ll have a great week

14 Likes

Thankyou my lovelies, thankyou @BryWisteria for the Witch badge.

Congratulations @Mystique you’re fabulous :sparkling_heart:
@Ostara Hope you get some rest lovely :green_heart:
@MeganB Get well soon, all of you. Being ill is horrid, sending healing :sparkling_heart:
@celineelise Hope the ancestors like their new space. :heartpulse:

Congratulations @AIRAM @Amethyst @Artemisia @crystal59 @marsha So welcoming fabulous :sparkling_heart:

Not much this week, except work, hail, lightning, thunder and rain with a touch of sun to remind me it still exists :partying_face: Go Thor!

13 Likes

Thank you beautiful :purple_heart::purple_heart:

12 Likes

Congratulations on the shout-outs and thank you all for being so inspiring, amazing, and willing to go above and beyond!

You are all truly the most inspiring people I know!!!

Still trying to keep my head above water so that’s my only goal for the week. :laughing:

I know that feeling… Sending you love, health and strength!!

Please take care of yourself, sleep, rest and relax!!! :people_hugging:

If you’ve aired out the room with a fan overnight then perhaps washing down the walls might help. Another option would be to steam-clean carpets and upholstery if it’s still strong and lingering. Hope it fades soon!

14 Likes

What a wonderful coven we have! Thank you to everyone who does such an amazing job making this feel like home!

We are down to the last 13 days of school. There is so much packed in to such a short time. I am working hard to match energy with my kids and finish strong. I am so eager for summer! This year has been a lot. This crew, while very sweet, are like little energy vampires and I am wiped out!

I am excited about a new moon! I was doing so great with keeping my altar decorated for each Sabbat, but I missed decorating for Beltane. It will be nice to refresh and reset! I have some lovely roses blooming though, so I may use some of those!

I hope everyone has a very lovely week!

Ailey

16 Likes

I cleaned the walls and left two fans on. I am hoping it will work!! Fingers crossed :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:
Thanks for the suggestion. There is no carpets luckily. I cleaned the floors too…

14 Likes

Thanks for making this an inviting space.

@Mystique - congratulations on your shout out for the most posts and hearts. You are awesome.

My week is work and ball. My son played his first ball game tonight. :baseball:He hasn’t played in a few years and then he was too young for it to really be considered playing ball. He had a great time! I am so happy. He came home with a big smile on his face :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I play tomorrow night and Thursday. :softball:. I am already feeling out of shape.

I have one chicken that is scared to leave the coop as there is a bully chicken and it has a partner in crime. I basically spent some time tonight letting the one chicken into the run so it could peck and scratch and kept the other two chickens from pecking it and chasing it off. I am going to get peepers for the two pushy chickens. Apparently that prevents the bullying.

Have a great week everyone!

15 Likes

:kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::blush::blush: aww thank you darling. You make me blush! We are all awesome in our own ways. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:.

Oh my goodness!! I never realized there was such a thing! That’s horrible. I hope the blinders help. Poor little chicken.

13 Likes

Hi :wave: I’m a little late, but I wanted to check in before my day/week gets super busy again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Conratulations :tada: to @Mystique for your 2 week streak!!! :revolving_hearts:

Thank you for being a part of the coven :infinite_roots:

Congratulations :confetti_ball: on your new W.I.T.C.H badges! @Artemisia, @marsha, @Amethyst, @tracyS, @Mystique, and @crystal59!

Thank you for welcoming all of our new members :heartpulse:

And a big welcome to all of our new members! It is lovely to have you & I hope you find your way around pretty easily. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :hugs:

I have had a “Can open, Worms :worm: Everywhere” situation for the last couple of months. Well, at least with our home, anyway. Never mind any of the other things that have been going on over here. It’s a lot, that’s for sure! However, it’s moving in the right direction, so I’m thankful for that part.

On the bright side :star2: it’s nice and sunny :sun: out today and the birds :bird: are singing :musical_note: We have family visiting this week, and I have some things to take care of, but with the visit comes spending time with my grandson for a couple of days this week. So that’s a happy :blush: little happening to look forward to tomorrow & Thursday. There are some appointments in there somewhere, too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@Ostara, I hope you get the rest this week :sleeping: I know that feeling well :zzz:

@MeganB… I hope you start feeling better soon, I am not a fan of being sick and mixing it with allergies too :people_hugging:

@Mystique aaawww… The money needs to be made, but it’s a win that you get to see them! Even if the dentist is not a favorite. (At least not for myself or my daughter right now) I will get to see my grandson (he turned 1 month on April 30 :sob:) this week which also means my son and his other half :blush:

@celineelise You can use a vinegar mixture to wash the walls and maybe some baking soda for the floors. I agree with @Artemisia that steam cleaning the carpets, curtains, blinds, or shades may help, too. Sometimes, that’s a harsh smell to get out of things. I’ll try to think of anything I have used in the past :thinking:

@tracyS… huh, that’s quite the mix of weather :cloud_with_lightning: you have there. I agree… go, Thor! The touch of the sun :sun: will be welcoming during the in-between and afterward, though!

@AileyGrey, I hope the last few days aren’t too bad for you! :star_struck: I won’t tell my daughter that you are down to the last 13 days; :laughing: explaining to my oldest (24) yesterday why he is starting to see kids that aren’t in school around town during his routes was fun. He was so upset that most of the country gets out in May. Our schools let out about 10 - 12 days before the end of June, depending on any closings throughout the year. I also reminded him that his cousin was always out of school before him but returned in August, not September.

@Phoenix_Rose, that is so exciting! :hugs: I love :heart: watching my kids play sports! Especially the first games and the last ones. I had one son play baseball :baseball:, one played football :football: and lacrosse :lacrosse:, and my daughter did gymnastics :person_cartwheeling:, now she does sailing :sailboat: and cheerleading :mega: I don’t have too much experience with chickens, but I do have two friends that have them and one neighbor. I hear the neighbors in the mornings sometimes. I know one of my friends had a chicken that wouldn’t let at least some of the others go in and out of the coop when it was brooding (???)… She said that one could bully the others or the smaller ones. I hope that it helps! I don’t know what they did to correct it or help the others when hers would get that way.

I hope everyone has had a great start to their weeks so far! I will try to be in and out today while it’s quiet. My family things won’t really start until tomorrow, then I believe they are going back to FL Saturday, or that’s the plan as of yesterday :laughing:

13 Likes

I hope you have a fabulous time visiting with your grandson and your family!!

Brooding chickens are wanting to hatch the eggs and are quite protective. My chickens are just establishing dominance but a little too aggressively. The peepers will deter that. My neighbour has had chickens for years and is going to help me put the peepers on.

13 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus ! Enjoy your time with family! Those grandkids are the best :purple_heart::purple_heart:

11 Likes

Three cheers for @Mystique! You’re aweome!

And congratulations to all my fellow W.I.T.C.Hes!

@AIRAM
@Artemisia
@crystal59
@marsha
@Mystique
and last but never least @tracyS!

Thank you for making people feel welcome!

And thank you to EVERYONE who congratulated me! I really appreciate it!

@Ostara I hope you’ve manged to get a good night’s sleep now. Feel better!

@Mystique I hope the dentist visit went okay with the six year old. That had to have been fun. Enjoy babysitting!

@celineelise, have fun redecorating! I hope it comes out like you picture it in your head!

@tracyS does Loki not having you building a long ship by now to survive all the rain! Have a good week!

@AileyGrey I hope you survive till school lets out! Have a good New Moon!

@Phoenix_Rose, have fun with your young’un playing ball! And I didn’t know there were chicken bullies! LOL! I have learned something new today. Thanks!

@Susurrus I’m glad you were able to pop in! And that things are going in the right direction finally! Enjoy that sunshine while it lasts! And yay for having the grandbaby for a bit! Have fun with him.

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, I had two doctor appointments. The first one my ride was over and hour late. Thankfully they got me in and out in the office but I was sitting there forever!

Then the other appointment I got there on time, got out like in a half hour, which is great. Then I waited for over an hour and a half for my ride, who then had to pick up someone else across town and take then halfway out of the county. THEN I got driven home. Didn’t make it till after six in the evening. I was tired.

Thankfully, Sally is taking me to my other doctor appointment tomorrow. So I won’t have to wait. But I have two appointments next Monday too so that will not be fun.

Other than that, I’m hoping it’s a quite week. I need the rest! LOL!

I hope I didn’ just jinx myself.

Anyhow, have a good week people!

11 Likes

@Amethyst oh that made me laugh :rofl:

10 Likes

Couldn’t resist. If I were to make a longship, Loki would make sure it was like this :rofl:

And Thor would just

11 Likes

Thanks for the support and suggestions @Susurrus. I washed the walls and the floors with a vinegar mixture. I forgot to do the cabinets so it still wafts the smell wehen you open the cabinets. I will work on it today… at least my kitches is getting deep clean maybe this was baba yaga plan the whole time?
@tracyS it is remining me of loki vibes. But it is makinng me laugh anout my spiritual witch life…

Witch cleaning ad

11 Likes