New to spell8

hey, im tay. i have a gift and it is very powerful. im told that i have to accept it and live by it. i do accept it however living by it is something i need help with. i have studied wicca since i was a child but now at 28 i have less than a year to fully accept and recieve my gift. my golden birthday is my deadline. 29 on the 29th. my chemical dependacy has fogged my visions and kept me from being at my full potential. help me let go of this chemical dependence and obtain my gift. i have been to rehab and done the treatment. nothing works… it has to be because of this gift.

10 Likes

Welcome @TayBay94! I’m Siofra_Strega, a Moderator in the forum here. Although not Wiccan, if I had to describe it, Eclectic Celtic Pagan/Witch…

I’m happy that you have a gift… do mind telling us a little bit about this gift? I am a highly sensitive Empath that I have to accept & learn to live with & that comes with more than a few gifts too.

Is your chemical dependence like a prescribed medication type? I will say that if it is, sometimes speaking with your provider can help to lessen or come off of at least some of them. I have gotten rid of at least 3 medications & lowered the dose as low as I can with a few others.

If I’m being to prying, just tell me, I’m just trying to figure out the best way to help if I can. What month is your birthday in that it’s your golden birthday? (Again curiosity & for trying to find the best way to assist you)

If you haven’t searched the forum I would suggest doing that for any questions you may have on different topics. We’ve had a little bit of everything over the last few years.

The courses are a great place to start for good information about all kinds of things.

Also, if you would like your username to be changed to something different please let us know if this doesn’t work for you:

:name_badge: How to Change Your Name and Username on Spells8

6 Likes

Hi @TayBay94! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m not very knowledgeable about chemical dependencies. I’m sorry about that. I wish I could help you more. Hopefully, someone else from the coven will step up and tell you what worked for them. I do know that amethyst helps one stay sober, so maybe charge a nice hunk of rock to help you with that?

Or maybe meditation would help you. The Meditation courses on-site might help you out.

Sorry I wasn’t more help.

5 Likes

no not doctor perscribed medicine. its been an ongoing thing for 12 years but i have gotten clean a couple times.
As far as my gift, My Grandmother passed and when she did the only thing of hers she left specifically to me and my sister was two rings. she got one as did i. but she does not have hers yet.
My granny i believe was a clairvoiant as i experience extreamly on point visions or day dreams if you will. or even dreams with blurred faces
i also have been told by penticostal and caltholic ministers that my heart is pure, as they annoint me (im not catholic or penticostal but my parents were raised penticost and mom married in to catholic) they say child you are more powerful than you can imagine and the devil wants your soul… talk about being freaked out and at that i was probably about 5 or 6 years old when this happened… I was 14 when my granny passed but i had this wierd burst of sadness and knowing of my grandmas last moments cuz it was the middle of the night and we were all about to go to bed and i all of a sudden told my mom that i had to go to my grandma house right that second before it was too late. she said no repeatedly and i told her idk y but i have to go so if you dont take me i will walk. mind you my granny lived a 35 min drive away from us. nonetheless she took me and when we arrived she was raising her arms up and down as if she had no motor control of her body but then i leaned over the bed and layed my head on her chest and she huged me and says listen to your mother and BE GOOD. she passed a few hours later. on her birthday a few years ago (i am 28 now) she came to me through the mirror and we had a very strange interaction in the mirror. her voice was raspy but it was me talking in the mirror (her voice tho) and then my voice came back and i was balling at this point. i got the chance to tell her i love and miss her and her last words were once again. I told you to BE GOOD. i love you and i have to go, then i told her plz dont go, what do you mean? but she left and i fell to the floor as if i had no strength wat so ever. that same pagan year crazy ass shit started happening like i got stabbed raped and smackd in the face with a 2 lbs crystal ashtray within 4 months time. i left the bootheel and came back to my birth town. then i discovered i had a hex on me from someone in the bootheel. (certain things revealed this) i cast a return to sender spell and it was returned with a curse. thats a story for another time… any who, I had a phone call with a complete and perfect stranger but he reffered to his self as the eye in eye and he does not even know my name nor has he ever met or even been around me, but he called me down and even knew when i was lying to myself and didnt miss a freakin beat. it was so wierd but he told me that this is my last shot. I must choose my mortal addiction or my Glorious Immortal Gift that has been blessed to me by my ancestors or my gift would turn on me due to disrespect of my ancestors by my mortal actions of abusing drugs and my body with those drugs. my golden birthday, when the year of your age is the same as the day of your birthday. so june 29 2023 i will be 29 yrs old.
my bday is the exact middle day of the year no matter if its leap year or not. i really wish i could find my realatives but i dont have the $ for that crap

6 Likes

Hello and welcome :infinite_roots: @TayBay94

I’m Marsha an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado and it’s nice to meet you. I’m so sorry you are going through such difficult times and I hope you find what you need to help you. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions just ask.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

Merry meet @TayBay94 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

It sounds like you have overcome a lot of hardships and loss to make your way here- you are very strong, Tay, and I hope that things only become easier and brighter for you from here forward :sun_with_face:

I can’t say I’m a big defender of the golden birthday deadline- after all, if we needed to find our magick before a certain birthday, that would be very tough for those born the 1st or 2nd of the month! :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen wonderful witches and very talented practitioners find their way into their magick late in life- I would assure you that magick can be embraced and your Craft can begin whenever the time is right and you are ready :heart:

That being said, I fully respect that sometimes we need to lay down our own deadlines in order to accomplish our goals- if this is your dream to take your practice to the next level by the time you turn 29, then I am cheering for you and wishing you all the best, Tay! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please make yourself at home here- blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

i really wish i had more guidance in my practice but im not one to reach out to multiple people usually just find someone that i click with and see how it goes. i dont trust people but that is just because the stuff i have been thru

6 Likes

but you seem very knowledgeable. so maybe you can be that person or at least something to that effect

6 Likes

I am very flattered you think so, @TayBay94! While I’m not looking to take on any apprentices at the moment (I still have a long ways to go in my own practice before I consider that path!), I’m here and always happy to help those who have questions however I can :handshake: :heart:

Is there a specific topic or area you are interested in learning more about? You are always welcome to make a new topic in the Q&A category- I and the rest of your fellow coven members are always happy to share helpful advice and suggestions. If reaching out to a large group is something you aren’t currently comfortable with, I recommend the A Sacred Space category- it is private and accessible only to current, logged-in coven members. You are welcome to ask questions there as well! :blush:

Wishing you all the best- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.