Newbie here!

Hello everyone! I have been exploring this site, enjoying and learning. I’m a native NJ girl, who now for past 3 years live in NC. Loving it.
I am Figuring out my path. My entire life I have struggled with seeing visions of future events . Not sure if events is the proper term , but for a long time , it scared me. As the years have gone on, I’ve learned to embrace it, and I’m struggling with how to control it . Meaning - I can not choose when and when not to see these visions. It is frustrating. I read tarot , and working hard to hone those skills. Meditations and spell work I gravitate toward. Candles! :heart:. The moon and the sun. I receive so much from the sun. It could be 101 outside , and feeling that Sun, brings me peace and so much energy. The moon intrigued me, I believe fully in its power. My intuition and adding these visions ( as I call them ) can really weigh on the social aspect of life. I am Struggling meeting people in my new state. One look at someone , and I can probably tell them more about them then they even know about themselves. I keep Who I am or how I have these abilities to myself. My daughter , who is now 24 years old, has known, my x husband and a few close people . My daughter at the age of 3, was having a conversation in the pool, while I was sitting on the chair watching her. I asked her who she was talking to , and she said POP POP mommy, can’t you see him ? I just Thought to myself , “ oh boy, her too”. I joined Spells 8 to learn more about candles , the moon and spells, meditation , and to fit in somewhere ! Thank you for having me . :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Good Morning @kellz! Sorry for the late morning reply! I’m Siofra_Strega, a moderator in the forum! I’m from Cape Cod. I am going to try to give some information on a few things that you have mentioned the best I can right now :smiling_face:

First, we are very happy that you are here! Everyone here is very helpful, friendly, & supportive of your own unique journey :hugs:

This is a common practice within the forum & many of us are also working on the same! There is a course & a post in the forum to kind of get you started & then go from there…

We have oodles of guided meditations within the site & the forum:

You will find throughout different posts that others have posted links to many meditations they have used & found very helpful. There is also an app called Insight Timer that has 100’s of 1,000’s of meditations for FREE… ones for moons, chakras, grounding, releasing, energy work, crystal connections… just tons… you’re sure to find one (most likely more than that) to practice.

We also have a section on candle magic

Also just a reminder to always practice candle safety & even if you are using jar candles.

It sounds as though you have some abilities either as an Empath or at the very least a ‘clair’ or 2… I am a highly sensitive empath with several gifts, working on them is something that I am also in the process of as my intuition becomes more clear for myself. As far as visions, I usually have them as dreams & deja veux types of scenarios. I’m not entirely sure that there is necessarily a way to “control” when or if you have have them. However there are measures you can take for shielding your energy or protecting it.

Also, @Amaris_Bane has some great shielding & protection techniques that she uses also. She is wonderful & a wealth of knowledge within the forum.

My daughter is also an Empath & I’m pretty sure that she doesn’t know or realize it. She just knows that she is: “Alot like my mother” as she describes it. My son’s… I think in some ways they are, but don’t acknowledge it or work with the energies as I do… they have their own belief systems.

You would also be interested in this part of the site:

Honestly there is so much more to learn & to grow within your practice… I’m sure others will be along with recommendations & insights. I hope you have a great weekend & I look forward to speaking with you more! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Hi @kellz! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Well, from what I’ve read, it certainly seems like you’re a powerful witch! Talents galore! And you can be there for your little one, that’s so great! We’re glad you’re here, I’m sure you’ll fit right in!

@Susurrus already shared a bunch of links, so I’m just gonna tell you to look out for a post to come out Monday afternoon called Merry Meet Monday. It’ll have all the activities we’ve got going on in the coven so you can join in on the fun!

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will be by to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @kellz

It’s nice to meet you, Kelly, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. There’s a lot of information on this site, so if you have any questions while you are exploring, just ask. We are here for you, Kelly, welcome to the family.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: alway

6 Likes

Thank you so much . Intuition for sure , empath yes ! For sure clairvoyant. That is the part I’m trying to hone in on . I’ve already been through all the candles portions . Love it , I’ve been doing the daily candle and meditations. The tarot I’ve been reading for years. Always looking to get better. It’s more of an intuition reading of them for me . Thanks so much for all this info. I’ve been neglecting my chores, I’ve been reading so much on here ! Haha. Oh well, it’s Christmas ! I’m allowed ! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Marsha,
Thank you so much ! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you so much . I did Read something about Merry Meet to come . :). Looking forward to all of it . :).

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @kellz :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here on Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

I’ve never had visions before so I can’t imagine what it feels like to experience that! I’m riddled with deja vu that I can never place… so maybe that’s what I’m experiencing? Anyway :sweat_smile: I’m glad to hear that you at least have a support system in place with the people that know about your gifts, though it is difficult to make new friends when we go somewhere new. I fully relate to that after moving all the way across the US and starting over.

I’m sure you will find many friends here! You have a wonderful community at your back now and we’re all here to support you :heart:

7 Likes

@kellz Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

7 Likes

Aww, thanks @Susurrus! :blush::blush:

Hello @kellz! My name is Amaris and I’m an eclectic pagan. As Siofra mentioned, I’m an empath and have worked hard to learn shielding techniques so I don’t drain my energy. I lean towards green witchcraft but am always eager to learn new things. I work with Hades and Hel as well as perform ancestral work.

I highly recommend Psychic Witch by Matt Auryn for anyone who is an empath and/or psychic. It has great exercises to learn to control your gifts. The one I use a ton is the filtered shield. You great a shield against all energy and then create a “filter” to let in the energy of your choice. I also use the Psychic Dimmer a lot - it teaches you how to turn your gift up and down, allowing you to tune it out or focus on it.

If you have any questions about creating a basic should, please reach out and I’ll try to give you some tips.

Merry meet!

6 Likes

Welcome to you!

7 Likes

Hi, thank you so much . I’m trying to learn to quote on this forum , not sure If I did it correctly but this -

Can you guide me on what this is and how ? I can Appreciate all you have said. I feel like we have similar “gifts” if that is the proper term.

5 Likes

What is an eclectic witch? I am So sorry for asking so many questions, that may sound so silly . I’m so new to this , I am trying to figure out exactly what I am. Or who! Lol . I feel Crazy some days. Like I should be committed to the psycho ward. Lol. I am Kidding , and hope that doesn’t offend anyone .

5 Likes

Thank you so much.

This !!! I am the same ! It’s the only way to be , in my mind . However , it gets me in trouble a lot . Meaning , I lose people and I am judged. :(. Oh well, I try to remember that is on them and not about me . :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Hi! I know I’m not Amaris but I can answer this question :blush: The Psychic Dimmer is an exercise that you can use to help control what you do and don’t receive psychically. It’s from a book called Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn. It’s written out here in this thread :blush:Aura & Energy Scanning Thread - #129 by MeganB

Never be sorry for asking questions – that’s how we learn! An eclectic witch is one that doesn’t follow a specific path or tradition. They take what resonates and leave what doesn’t. We’ve got some information on different types of witches all around the forum and Spells8 :blush:

6 Likes

Thanks @MeganB! I’m trying to not depend a lot of time online during Yule so not quick to respond.

@kellz Megan has done an excellent job of explaining. As an eclectic, I learn all that I can, try things out, and keep what works for me. I have pieces from Wicca, Heathenism, and Druidic practices.

7 Likes

Merry meet @kellz,

Don’t mind if I jump on the welcome wagon too- I’m Bry, another moderator and Eclectic Witch with a love for travel. It is a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely introduction, it sounds like you (and perhaps your youngest daughter too!) have some amazing magickal abilities. I hope that you’re able to find everything you’re looking for here to help you grow and continue to thrive in your magickal studies! :books::sparkles:

There’s never any need to apologize for questions- they are warmly welcome! Anytime you have something on your mind and want to call on the coven, feel free to make a new discussion in the #questions category. We are here and happy to help! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you , I love this coven. I feel As though I’m finding my belonging . :heart:

5 Likes

I tried to send you a message . I’m not sure if I’m doing it correctly. :frowning:

6 Likes

@kellz I didnt receive anything from u. Click on that person’s picture. And then hit message. Ill try and send u one

5 Likes