Praying to the triple moon goddess

You’re welcome! As I said, there’s quite a bit about Hecate on-site. And there are some really good books. I wish you luck with your research!

6 Likes

When in reference to her being a triple moon goddess…she wouldn’t considered a ancestor would she? Or just a God…

5 Likes

I don’t think Hecate would be anyone’s ancestor, no, but a powerful Goddess nonetheless.

5 Likes

I guess i worded that wrong, lol

She is someone you could place a picture of on your alter though…?

6 Likes

Okay, so I retract my last statement. Hekate is a popular goddess in the forum, there is a lot of information about working with her, her experiences. She is a Dark Goddess & from what I know she will also want you to work with your shadow side. However, search the forum for her & there is a lot of information topics.

However, it is my understanding that her triplicity isn’t the moon itself. It’s the Moon, Earth, & Otherworld. So that makes her a Triple Goddess. Brighid (Celtic) is a triple goddess because she is the goddess Smithcraft, Poetry, & Healing. I like to refer to her as my Light Goddess because my other deity is a Dark Goddess.

The Morrigan (Celtic) is a triple goddess in the sense that she can be singular or 3 there are 3 sisters, she’s also the goddess of the Otherworld, Magick, Cycle of life (life, rebirth, death). She is a Goddess of War but in modern terms you’re war, shadow work, using your strength, finding your strength, fighting for your power. She is a Dark Goddess as is Hekate.

6 Likes

Make sure to check the replies because there is a lot of information contained within the replies of posts too.
@anon87969570, @Rowan, @Moonshaow have all had interactions & experiences directly with Hekate.

5 Likes

I thought Hekate meant magick?

And that’s interesting! :thinking:

I knew she was playing in with the underworld. I remember reading that also she is sometimes represented by dogs. Which is “hellhounds” I believe it was that I read?

Let me ask you…do you know who the “Spiral goddess” is?

7 Likes

Hekate is the Goddess of Witches or Magick :thinking: The Morrigan is Magick though.

4 Likes

I understand what’s happened now!

When I was listening to that song, they chant that name OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Somewhere I read it meant “magick” or “magical power” I do KNOW I read that might have been a different spelling?

Anyway. The important part of this was I got tranced saying that name Hekate not knowing what it meant. But I felt an energy shift. I thought I was just singing a song I didn’t realize they were chanting the name of a goddess.

Is it… possible…that I…like…invited her by chanting her name over and over again?

6 Likes

Absolutely it is! She was answering you.

6 Likes

:hushed:

I just got a cold chill through my entire body. Wow! I did the ritual after that…the one to bless my amulet and I felt a energy trance then as well. I wonder if that was her… I have always felt a female presence around me but I was always unsure of what it was. So I just ignored it

6 Likes

Yep, many people do.

5 Likes

That’s where the confusion is coming in from I just read that it can be pronounced hecate OR Hekate.

Interesting!

6 Likes

Hekate is a triple goddess of Magick and Witches who is known for having three forms. The young maiden, the mother, and the elderly crone. She is also a goddess of the underworld and has connections to the darkness and the realms of the dead. She is one who can reside in the upper world and in the underworld and move between them. She is also a goddess of witches and of nature, having sway and power over the darkness of the natural world. She is heavily aligned with the night and with the Magick that courses through the shadows. She has always been and is one of the primal titans, an original goddess and one who rose from the primordial chaos. She teaches the children of the night and those who are naturally gifted with Magick. She is a herald of the witches and one who walk with them through the shadows on their journey. She grants familiars and companions to witches who are just beginning their journey. Those who have a calling to Magick and to the energies of the night are naturally drawn to Hekate as she is a powerful and incredible goddess.
Source from: S&S

I was going to mention her; Hekate, to you. But wasn’t sure if it was her you wanted to know about. Like others well pointed out, about Goddesses as triple.

7 Likes

Either way is fine, is not a error. The thing with pronouncing “Hekate” with a “K”, is closer to the Greek translation. The “C” type according to history, was given by the Romans.

Hello to the rest of the Witches here in the forum, I know that I have been absent for a few months. :grin:

8 Likes

@Pedros10 Thank you! It was hard for me to explain because I haven’t specifically worked with her but I have 2 close friends that work with her regularly so I know a little, but not enough to explain very much. :laughing:

Happy to see you back in the forum! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Yeah, she has been mentioned SERVAL times from different people and then randomly popped up in a song and then on Google. Then after I felt the energy shift in my room I was like okay… :slight_smile:

Let’s talk Hekate. :heart::broom::crescent_moon:

So my triple moon goddess necklace could be a symbol for HER? LIKE it can represent different triple goddess?

6 Likes

Hekate The Triple Goddess
Queen of all witches!
Hail Hekate, she who holds the keys.
Hail Hekate, she who lights the World.
Hail Hekate, she who stands at the Gate,
I stand before you, humbled by your blessing of a new key.
That opens the gate to a new beginning.
Accept my gratitude for bringing me to this place
May I brave enough to take up the key,.
May I be strong enouph to overcome all obstacles.
I ask for continued blessing,
Your Guidance
And Protection
So that I will be true to my path ahead .
Hail Hekate, She who holds the keys.
Hail Hekate, she who lights the world.
Hail Hekate, she who stands at the gate.
May I be committed enough to do the required work
Keeping Her Keys Cyndi Brannen
Jeannie

7 Likes

I’m happy to see you too!!!

5 Likes

Right, so Hekate was revered by ancient Greeks as a triple goddess, so if you have triple moon necklace and you want it to be about Hekate, sure, why not. But is it the “official” Hekate symbol, no it is not. Hekate’s symbol is a strapholos (wheel).

Or you can go with the goddess in three aspects, maiden, mother, crone.

Or you can go with Hekate (dark moon/new moon), Diana/Artemis (crescent moon) and Selene/Luna (full moon). All those goddesses are cousins in the Hellenic pantheon. Not everybody signs onto Greek and Roman deities. It is a personal choice.

Or you can do all three – there are no rules about your jewelry. It symbolizes what you want it to symbolize

It depends on your path. Read, read, read. Wikipedia is a good start.

4 Likes