Scrying Questions

Hello! I received a black mirror in my mystery witch box and it was the push I needed to move forward with my ideas of scrying using a black mirror. I do have a couple questions though.

1. If you wear glasses, does it matter if they are on/off while scrying? For reference I have astigmatism (cornea is oval shaped instead of round), strabismus (eyes focus on different points) corrected with prism lenses, and myopia (can’t see far away).
  2. How much dark/light is needed?
  3. Do you have to be directly in front of the mirror? If I have to position it at an angle to me in order for it to not reflect any objects, is this ok as long as I can still see the surface?
  4. Is there anything special I need to do to the mirror? I have my regular mirrors locked but am not sure if I need to lock this black mirror as well?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!

8 Likes

Hi there! I haven’t tried scrying before but I know that others have & found a couple of topics in the forum regarding using them, maybe they would help with some of the questions.

As far as the eye issues… (I have lattice degeneration, astigmatism, and myopia) If I am wearing my corrective contacts then no, I don’t have to take them out… but for reference, I am softening my gaze or demeanor for energy field reasons or to see auras or get a feel for the person/place.

Scrying Mirrors

Black Mirror how do I use it?

Black Mirror question

Mirror Gazing to Contact the Spirit of a Deceased Loved One

I hope someone else has some better answers for you, but those may have some answers within the replies. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you so much, @Susurrus for the great info. I’ve never used a black mirror for scrying, I’ve only used a regular mirror and a crystal ball.
:heart:

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I have never used either, I remember being younger & my grandmother had a crystal ball, but when she passed, someone took it from her house afterward before it could be given to me. Other than that, I haven’t tried scrying yet. It’s on my list though!

4 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus! I’ll check out those posts. I’m going to leave this open for now in case someone else has information they can add.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I know there are some members that have practiced scrying in some way that will have better information for you.

In my Tamed Wild box either last year or this year for October, I got a shattered glass scrying ball… I never used it because I have no idea what to do when it comes to scrying with something that isn’t made up of shattered or broken glass. :laughing: or regular glass, crystal, or mirrors…

5 Likes

Siofra shared some fantastic links- the only other thing that came to mind that may help is @Eliza_01’s work with a Black Obsidian Disk used for obsidian gazing.

While not the same as a black mirror, it does seem like the black obsidian disk has some similiarites and can both be used for scrying. Just sharing it here in case it helps/sparks some inspiration for using your black mirror!

Congrats on your lovely new tool, @Amaris_Bane- happy scrying! :mirror: :black_heart: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I remember reading that and didn’t even link the two in my mind! Thank you @BryWisteria!

5 Likes

No problem at all, I’m happy if I could help, @Amaris_Bane! :blush::two_hearts:

Wishing you all the best with your scrying! :sparkles:

5 Likes

I scry with a black bowl filled with water (hydromancy). This involves putting a candle on either side of the bowl in a dark room, I leave a light on in an adjacent room so it is not completely dark. You let your eyes go to a soft gaze and out of focus, kind of like you are looking at those “magic eye” pictures and enter a trance like state. I am just beginning with this but I think the idea is you see a vision or some shape that evokes a symbol. Maybe mirror scrying is similar in approach :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This does seem to be similar to what I’ve been reading. And I remember those magic eye pictures! I would have to cross my eyes and then relax them to get my eyes to unfocus, lol.

I’ve been having better luck with the idea of “looking through” the mirror and setting my gaze just on what would be the other side. I have had flashes of images but nothing that I can make out yet. I’m not in any rush though and know it will take time to develop the skill.

Then you everyone for your tips and suggestions.

6 Likes

This just unlocked a core memory for me :joy: Those books were my favorite in school! Maybe I need to try this technique for scrying rather than just looking directly at the water or mirror :thinking: this is a good idea!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.