đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXXIII (Nov 10 - Dec 8)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXII - Readers’ Reviews!

As of today, the 33rd book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Picture from Canva

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene and chat together in the Reader’s Reviews discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Picture from Canva

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

7 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Intuitive and Psychic Development by Kim Weaver @Amethyst

• Entering Hekate’s Garden: The Magick, Medicine & Mystery of Plant Spirit Witchcraft by Cyndi Brannen @Artemisia

• **Yoga For Witches, by Sarah Robinson @nicola6

• **The Mercies, by Kiran Millwood Hargrave @KhanjanB

• The Middle Pillar by Israel Regardie @Wysteria_Norn

• Pagan Portals - Loki: Trickster and Transformer by Dagulf Loptson
    @Winter

• Loki and Sigyn by Lea Svendsen
    @Winter

• Entering Hekate’s Garden*
    By Cyndi Brannen
    author Keeping Her Keys :key:
    The Magick, Medicine & Mystery of Plant Spirit Witchcraft
    @Jeannie1

• Killing the Witches: The Horror of Salem, Massachusetts
    author Bill O’Reilly
    @korvo

8 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

7 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will conclude in one week from today (on Friday, December 8) :grey_exclamation:

A Reader’s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s thoughts and hearing about your books :open_book: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be! :books:

5 Likes

Gosh, did I completely miss the last one? I think I had a book I wanted to read but totally forgot about it. :joy:

6 Likes

I missed it too, it’s okay :joy: I’ll probably be sitting these out for the next couple of book clubs, at least. There’s too much going on for me to focus on a book right now :joy:

6 Likes

I am half way through with my book. My book is about the true events on witch trial happened in 1622 in Norway. One of the biggest. Women characters are complex and strong. So far it’s promising and I just love the writing. Can’t wait to finish this one and update.

8 Likes

@starborn No worries at all- it’s a busy time of year! What book(s) are you hoping to read? :blush:

@MeganB Completely understood, you have a lot going on at the moment! I’m in a similar boat with a stack of books I want to read, but I haven’t been able to get through more than a few pages in months :melting_face: I’m hoping that once the holidays pass there will be more time for fun reading for both of us! :books:

@KhanjanB It’s so much fun to have a book that you connect with- it sounds like you’ve found a great read, Khanjan! I hope you continue to enjoy it :open_book: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I was hoping to finally get around to DraugadrĂłttinn: Lord of the Undead by N.D. Blackwood.

Despite all the things I’ve been reading this year, this book is one of three spiritual books I have physical copies of in total. (The other two being Goetia of Shadows by Michael Ford and Spellcasting Companion for Physical Witchcraft by Witch Foot.) Everything else has been digital!

But I’m not going to get that done by Friday, so I think it’ll have to go in the next reading period.

3 Likes

Oh yikes… well being so sick for 2 weeks sure took time away from me. I’m not sure I’ll be able to finish in time but I’ll see what I can do :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m going to have to do the next one. Loki and his chaos have actually fried my brain. I think all I can handle reading right now is 5 year age group books. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’m listening to the audiobook “Killing the Witches: The Horror of Salem, Massachusetts” by Bill O’Reilly, and although too late to participate in the Book Club, I have to say this book is riveting; I have learned a lot about a dark part of our history and the danger of fear and mass hysteria.

4 Likes

It’s never too late! :heart: You can always add your name now and carry it over to the next book club if you’re still reading it!

4 Likes

@starborn It sounds like a promising book if it’s worthy of getting a physical copy- I hope you enjoy it! :open_book: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And no worries at all, like Megan said, it’s perfectly fine to carry a book from one session into the next. No stress here, only fun- reading is meant to be enjoyable! :blush:

@Artemisia Not a problem at all! Your healing and well-being always come first. I’m sure your book will wait patiently for you whenever you have the time and energy to jump back into it! :grinning: :closed_book: :sparkles:

@tracyS Kids’ books are colorful, fun, and stress-free- that sounds like a great read to me! :joy: :+1: :heart:

@korvo It sounds like a very deep book- although not doubt quite dark, the history is important. I think that learning about past tragedies is the best way to prevent them from ever happening again. I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far, Korvo, and just seconding what Megan said! It’s perfectly fine to carry a book from one session into the next :blush:

4 Likes

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

magic books
Gif from Tenor

Didn’t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, December 15th . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

4 Likes

This reading session has closed- thank you to everyone who joined in! If you have a book review or comments to share, please do so in the open Reader’s Review post in Activities