Sun Tea recipes

Does anyone else make Sun Tea? I made some last week and I added Hibiscus flowers because I have HBP and they help lower it. The tea was so good I am making some more this morning and this time I added a cinnamon stick with the flowers.

11 Likes

I love sun tea. We make ours strong and it’s delicious. My favorite is apple cinnamon. I will have to try the hibiscus tea

6 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make sun tea for a while now but I can’t find a glass container large enough and it’s been rainy here in Alabama lately

5 Likes

@crystal24 that sounds delicious

5 Likes

You can make it in quart size mason jars or anything else you have. Once it’s done you can just pour it over to a bigger plastic jug.

7 Likes

@crystal24 I didn’t even think about that. Thank you . I’ll have to try that on our next pretty day

6 Likes

Your welcome

5 Likes

were you using standard tea and then adding the other items or was it purely an herbal brew? As you can see wheels are turning LOL.

6 Likes

I personally like mine with standard tea. I just add things in to enhance.

6 Likes

I used regular black tea and added the flowers and cinnamon. It was really tasty.

5 Likes

I love Sun Tea! :heart_eyes: My personal favorite is green tea with a bit of local honey- a really tasty (and healthy!) summer drink :tropical_drink: :yum:

I’m a big fan of the Herbal Academy, and I know they have some fun Sun Tea recipes if anyone is on the hunt for more blends to try:

Sun-Tea-Recipes
From the Herbal Academy

Happy brewing! :tea::yum:

5 Likes

I’m a huge of the Herbal Academy too! I receive their daily emails. There’s so much valuable information!

6 Likes

Cheers to that! I love the recipes on their blog, and as Green Witch I super appreciate how they all come with bits of wisdom about different herbs and how to use them :blush::herb:

Although I admit that reading through their content usually makes me hungry! :yum::tropical_drink:

5 Likes

I love it alll6 and I too get hungry looking at all the recipes and ingredients. Mmm. Oh yeah speaking of recipes, I’m making the coconut latte that @Amethyst shared with us the other day. I’m definitely posting pics!!! Just waiting for the coconut to ripen. Any day now.

5 Likes

I hope you enjoy it! I’m just not sure if there’s a difference between fresh coconut milk and canned. You may want to taste.

5 Likes

I don’t know the difference :rofl: all I know is that I’ve never had fresh coconut :coconut: that’s sad because I love tropical fruits!!!

5 Likes

Coconuts have mostly water in them, I think? To get coconut milk it’s processed with the meat of the nut. I think. Maybe someone else knows more.

4 Likes

Right on! Coconut milk (like the kind that can be bought in cans and cartons in the store) is made from the flesh of the fruit :coconut:. You can make the same stuff at home with a fresh coconut by grating the fruit into a pulp- let me warn you though, we did it at cooking school in Thailand and it takes a lot longer than you’d think! :sweat_smile:

Coconut water, though, is easy peasy- it’s just the water resting in the coconut. You can buy it in stores or can crack open a coconut and enjoy! :tropical_drink: :yum: It makes a tasty addition to drinks, although I don’t know if it’s something that would mix well with tea :thinking:

I guess if anyone comes across coconut teas (sun tea or otherwise)- I’d love to hear about your finds! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@BryWisteria well since you’ve asked I’ve been traveling the Pinterest Rabbit hole again :rofl::woman_shrugging:t3::pushpin:
And I found a couple of Iced tea Recipes. They sound yummy.

4 Likes

Oh, I will have to try this! I have never had a Sun Tea & I know that it has to have been mentioned before… but this time I am going to bookmark the Herbal Academy. Thank you for sharing @BryWisteria

@phoenix_dawn I get lost in that rabbit hole more often than I care to admit. Thank you for the Iced Tea recipes. I know that I like that! :joy:

4 Likes